• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KHInsider's E3 2014 Coverage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Re: KHInsider's E3 2014 Coverage!

Are they really going through the entire saga instead of talking about new info they haven't revealed? If you're not a fan of the game you probably won't be watching this so there's no point to this

That's not true, though. This was never for us, it was for the press, who will distill it for people who aren't in-depth fans of the game, and will give them the info they haven't picked up from other sites. Repeat information is par for the course at E3. New releases take up the spotlight but basic info is the body of the convention.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Ok this so not all about 2.5

10 minutes of gameplay we seen with mundane commentary.

Followed by a timeline talk (KHinsider goes way more in depth with this), rehashed info on the game, and t shits

Really!? T shirts!!!???

Now they are just talking about their booth. Waste of time.

gg Square

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Thanks for wasting my time Square. Guess we'll have to wait till TGS and some other convention for more news. Specifically the box art and if a collector's edition is happening

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Y'all are acting too entitled. The game's not close to its release yet, be happy they're showing us anything.
*coughs, shakes cane*
In MY day, they didn't do any of this public viewing and livestream nonsense. We had closed theatres, and mobile phone leaked trailers

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Well that was... unnecessary. Literally all they did was show the same two trailers we've already seen, recap everything we already know, go into some brief history on the timeline of the series, and then they ended 20 minutes early. No mention of anything new.

Welp, that does it. E3 was a flop on the KH end of things. Time to go back to waiting for months on end without hearing a peep out of Square about anything. Sigh. I'm disappointed. I was really hoping for them to show the boxart and announce a collector's edition or something. I guess it's my own fault for assuming more than was actually confirmed to be there. I just don't want to go back to waiting for a really long time. I was so excited for this E3 because I was expecting major 2.5 news. I mean, we got the release date and that amazing trailer, but they released it before E3 even started, so it made the actual event kinda boring cause there were no surprises or anything.

This is like TGS 2013 all over again. And then D23 ended up being everything we were hoping for during TGS. Maybe it'll happen again, and this year TGS will have everything we wanted during E3.

Bobjam

Awards

The two Tai Yasue interviews (one being in a magazine which has I suppose nothing to do with E3) is all the surprise and new stuff we have gotten out of the last few days. It is a shame and one can only hope they will have some further presence at Gamescom in August.....but that is two months away! =(. Boo hoo.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

The two Tai Yasue interviews (one being in a magazine which has I suppose nothing to do with E3) is all the surprise and new stuff we have gotten out of the last few days. It is a shame and one can only hope they will have some further presence at Gamescom in August.....but that is two months away! =(. Boo hoo.

Well, they're doing something for Comic-Con too, but I've heard talk that will be more of a FFXV thing. And I've also heard that there will be no KH news at Gamescom either, but I have no recollection of where I heard that from, so don't quote me.

At this point, I'm thinking we're going to have to wait until September for TGS for news. 3 more months of waiting, unless Comic-Con ends up being awesome on the news end of things.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Y'all are acting too entitled. The game's not close to its release yet, be happy they're showing us anything.
*coughs, shakes cane*
In MY day, they didn't do any of this public viewing and livestream nonsense. We had closed theatres, and mobile phone leaked trailers

The game is less than a few months from going gold in Japan so there's no doubt they are far along enough to reveal some new information. Especially the fact that they spent an entire hour (more like less than forty minutes, if that) talking about the game pretty much rehashing everything they've talked about. New shirt and a hoodie, cool I guess, but a waste of our time nonetheless.

Meanwhile I'll be here waiting for TGS

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

The game is less than a few months from going gold in Japan so there's no doubt they are far along enough to reveal some new information. Especially the fact that they spent an entire hour (more like less than forty minutes, if that) talking about the game pretty much rehashing everything they've talked about. New shirt and a hoodie, cool I guess, but a waste of our time nonetheless.

Meanwhile I'll be here waiting for TGS
They didn't promise anyone any box art or CE or anything else was going to show at E3. just 2.5 and that's all.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

They didn't promise anyone any box art or CE or anything else was going to show at E3. just 2.5 and that's all.

I understand that, but judging by all the comments on their Live youtube page, that's what an overwhelming majority of us wanted shown. I guess I can see it more justified since we got I.5 in September of last year, where we knew everything on the game by then at E3 2013. Whereas now we're getting II.5 till December, but at the same time Japan gets it in October, so I feel it's far enough along to justify a box art by now

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I understand that, but judging by all the comments on their Live youtube page, that's what an overwhelming majority of us wanted shown. I guess I can see it more justified since we got I.5 in September of last year, where we knew everything on the game by then at E3 2013. Whereas now we're getting II.5 till December, but at the same time Japan gets it in October, so I feel it's far enough along to justify a box art by now

Yes and majority of the posts were screaming KH2 and XV over and over, I had to hide the comment so the stream wouldn't lag.

You can't always get what you wanted, you are just going have to wait, a few month won't kill you. I took a full year to even get 1.5 last week, I think a few months won't hurt.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

It's just annoying because Square promised big news coming soon back in December 2013 and now it's June 2014 and we just have a release date. Release date is big news but after over 6 months of absolute radio silence, I was expecting more considering that E3 is the biggest gaming convention of the year. Blegh.

Silverwarrior

Is there a video of Shimomura playing the memoria version of Dearly Beloved :D?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's just annoying because Square promised big news coming soon back in December 2013 and now it's June 2014 and we just have a release date. Release date is big news but after over 6 months of absolute radio silence, I was expecting more considering that E3 is the biggest gaming convention of the year. Blegh.
We've dealt with 9 months of absolute silence on a Kingdom Hearts game. This is nothing, especially because now all we can do is move forward and get news.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

It's just annoying because Square promised big news coming soon back in December 2013 and now it's June 2014 and we just have a release date. Release date is big news but after over 6 months of absolute radio silence, I was expecting more considering that E3 is the biggest gaming convention of the year. Blegh.[/QUOTE

We got a release date, that not enough, and not everything is ever going to be shown at E3, who care for six months of silence, you never know what will happen before October because 2.5 comes out first in japan.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Also, last year KH1.5 was released in Japan in March. That meant we were going to know everything before E3. This time the date is later on. They weren't going to throw everything out there at E3 and have nothing for the next 3 months.

Terra 713

Awards

That All Eyes thing was totally a waste of time, I hope that they know that after all.
*sigh at least I liked the Shimomura's "interview" and "exibition".
I definetly have to learn Japanese for the next years if I want to get more interesting stuff like "Ultimania's special editions"etc.
*sigh

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Our staff briefly met Tai Yasue just now. He said they recieved a lot of feedback about trophies, and there will be a lot more and be easier to obtain.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

ALL ABOARD THE NO NEWS TRAIN! CHOO CHOO!

I'm really not too bothered by it. The reactions are kinda funny anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back