• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KHIII Release Time Frame Set, Almost All Worlds New, Secret Movie included

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DommeUG

I didn't think about that, I hope you're right :)
I hope so, too! >.<
Winter 2016 would be an adorable release date, I just can't wait any longer :D
With all the theories coming along with the series, all these mysteries, I just want to know all that :D

saintfighteraqua

Awards
It could be pretty far along if they're already talking about secret movies.
Secret movies...that almost always means sequels (or prequels.)
By the way, weren't we told we'd get a new KH game every year? With no DDD HD announcement, I'm wondering if we will still get one before 2015 is over?

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I really like the fact that nearly all the worlds will be new. I'm really tired of looking at Wonderland and Atlantica..
By the way, weren't we told we'd get a new KH game every year? With no DDD HD announcement, I'm wondering if we will still get one before 2015 is over?
Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure KH Unchained will be this year's title.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I really like the fact that nearly all the worlds will be new. I'm really tired of looking at Wonderland and Atlantica..

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure KH Unchained will be this year's title.
it kh unchained this year i doubt we get ddd at this point right now they might annouce it for next year but we dont know though

Unumus

Awards
Really? I'm getting tired of Agrabah and OC.

Unchained probably is this year's release unless Nomura whips out a surprise 3D HD announcement.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's not so much, BBS was teased 2006 wasn't it? My memory isn't the best but I think it was so that PSP game took about 5 years to make unless they were occupied with other stuff.
Now that was a new team sure but this is a new console, it should take at least 4 years to make the game or at least it would seam like it to me.

Yes, but the game seemed to have been overhauled at some point. Remember that it had been planned to be a PS2 title then moved to PSP. Also we have seen that the story was changed at some point while it was being made for the PSP, so it had a bit of a troubled development. KH3 doesn't seem to have any of those issues besides what we know about the UE4 problems when switching over, which they got over very fast if the footage we saw last week is any indication.

Unchained probably is this year's release unless Nomura whips out a surprise 3D HD announcement.

We won't be in Agrabah for most of it if that is one of the returning worlds since the 3rd movie takes place pretty much everywhere but Agrabah or a sandy desert.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

if there is ddd hd annocemnt it would be problly be at the annouced at the d23

Last edited:

Unumus

Awards
We won't be in Agrabah for most of it if that is one of the returning worlds since the 3rd movie takes place pretty much everywhere but Agrabah or a sandy desert.

Huh. I didn't even know that there was a second, let alone third, movie. I'm glad it's not in the same setting.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I'm hoping it's a solid mix of both new and returning Disney worlds. We got Olympus and I consider Agrabah almost a lock to return but I'd definitely like to see more than just those 2 since there are other potential returning worlds that I'd love to see come back. Port Royal, Deep Space(Hawaii), Beast's Castle.

Last edited:

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'd like to see Halloween Town back for old times sake and I wouldn't really know what they would do with that for a 3rd time. I mean, with Agrabah, you have three movies and an entire series to pull from.

Also, i want to Pride Lands to come back.

Unumus

Awards
I'd like to see Halloween Town back for old times sake and I wouldn't really know what they would do with that for a 3rd time. I mean, with Agrabah, you have three movies and an entire series to pull from.

Also, i want to Pride Lands to come back.

YES! I loved Halloween Town; I'd be so happy to see it come back though I have no idea what they would do for the world's plot. Pride Lands wasn't my favorite. It seemed like a filler world for the most part.

MasterZero

I think Pirates of the Caribbean is the only world I really want to make a return. I'm fine with no Agrabah, Atlantica, or Wonderland, though I'm a little disappointed we probably won't be seeing a new Tron world.

Sdog

Awards
Huzzah for normal battle system! I don't dislike the Command Deck. Just not for numbered titles.

I've got a feeling that we'll see our Ultimate HD Remix at D23 LA/TGS and a new story trailer with release window for KH3 at D23 Japan in November.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Thinking about it little bit more, when they say almost entirely new worlds maybe they could mean old worlds getting huge expansions. I mean, they said there'd be all new Disney worlds in 3D and yet there was still another Pinocchio world. If worlds like Agrabah, Port Royal or Deep Space came back then almost all of the world would be completely new since the sequels take place almost anywhere but the places we've seen in the games.

Precursor Mar

Did anyone honestly think the command deck was coming back in KH3? It was pretty obvious by the first teaser trailer that we were going back to the command menu. Sure it was just a static placeholder back then, but the fact that it's there at all means they were already heading in that direction.

I'm very happy to hear that most world are going to be new. We have like 5 games where we go to the same dang worlds. I'm tired of all of them, including Olympus Coliseum.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Count me among those who are stoked that the Command Menu is back, instead of the deck stuff. I loved the Deck in BBS, but the combat in KH 1 and 2 was easily my favorite fighting style in the series and I'm very glad they're going that route with KH3.

I also hope we get more than just Unchained X this year. Given how DDD is just one game, as opposed to having to remaster two games and create a film out of cutscenes, it shouldn't take as long to produce, so there's still hope that DDD HD could release sometime this year. If not, I'd say it's likely that we'll get the entire series, DDD included, on PS4 next year followed by KH3 in early 2017.

Nomura's comments about the story stuff both worry and excite me. On one hand, it means they're figuring everything out, both with the characters and secret ending and such. But from the looks of it, it doesn't sound like KH3 is going to be a "tie every loose end" kind of game like most of us would like it to be. I know this isn't the last game in the series, but I certainly don't want this to turn into "Xehanort's dead, we'll figure out the other plot points in the next game". No, dude. This series is being crushed under the weight of its lore mysteries. Don't bring all that into the next saga. We need a clean slate for the next title after KH3. Tie everything up now, in this game.

Also, now D23 seems even farther away now that I know there's juicy info waiting to be revealed. New footage, new info, release window, etc. Man, why couldn't D23 be in October like it was in 2013? November is so far away X(

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I have some worlds i would like to see come back as well (Symphony of Sorcerey, Deep Space) but I hope they lean more towards newer worlds than older ones.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
So much dislike for Olympus coliseum.What,none of you are excited about finally getting a fully fledged Hercules world?It's pretty much like a new world anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back