• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KHIII Release Time Frame Set, Almost All Worlds New, Secret Movie included

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

k99y77

Awards
We knew that the traditional battle system will be back, but recently Nomura said that the reaction commands will not be in KH3, so maybe the triangle/Y button will be used to transform the Keyblade? :confused:

And yeah, Jasmine was bad.. "Soraaaa Donaaaaald Goofyyyyyy" oh i can just touch her excitement of seeing those three again. It's like she was thinking "Oh diddly not you again.... Must. Get. The. Happy. Face. On"
Jasmine: Sora Donald Goofy :D
Jasmine: "Shit not these Dorks again. it's embarrassing to be seen with them"

Sorafan

With the amount of worlds appearing, I don't see it likely that we will get to visit all of them twice like we did in KH2 which is a shame. I still hope they can make it happen though, maybe THREE visits this time to keep with the trend. JK 3 is way too much I guess.
Well they could do a thing where some worlds are visited only once as part of the story while others are visited more than once depending on they're role in the story.

I'm really disappointed they are ditching the Command Deck system for the older one. What happened to the Command Deck being the "proper way" to wield the keyblade? After playing BBS, Re:coded, and DDD, whenever I play KH1 and 2, the old system just feels slow in comparison. Plus, with the Command Deck, we had access to a myriad of different spells as opposed to just a handful. Even though Nomura called the old command menu the "king of gameplay styles" I'm betting he was forced to return to it to appease nostalgia-junkies who can't stand to see things change. Things have to change to get better. It's called progress.
Yeah because only having access to spells and attacks you equip and not being able to use them again right away is such an improvement over having access to all of your spells at any time without having to equip them while also having access to other commands. (I = sarcasm) You see my point here?

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I actually always prefered the Command Menu to the deck. I mean, sure it involved a lot of scrolling, but when you can customize shortcuts for spells it doesn't hamper that too much. Not to mention, like Sorafan said, You can't immediately use another command after you've used it in the Deck format. And having to move your cursor down away from attacks to get at your items makes the battles seem more intense and dangerous. I also miss when magic actually had a strategic use as opposed to basically just being another strong attack. So if they can strike the right balance between KH1 and 2 I'll be happy. To appease the Deck lovers, perhaps just offer more customization options?

SonOfWiseii

I did like the Command Deck in both BbS and DDD (haven't played Re:Coded yet), but I'm definitely all for moving back to the Command Menu. The only gripe I have with it is that I'm reeeaalllly slow whenever I scroll through the menus (which is more of a personal issue), so I generally stick to only using the basic attacks and shortcuts, which of course is limited to 3 or 4 options in KH1 and KH2 respectively, and in that respect I feel like even though I do have many more options with the menu than the deck I'm never able to appropriately make use of all of them in combat. Especially in 1 where I practically had Cure and Aero in the shortcut menu at all times. I suppose my hope is that they can kind of combine the two systems, in the sense that the shortcut menu could be expanded to 8 options that you can scroll through by holding L1 and scrolling with up and down on the control pad. But I guess depending on how many different spells we get in the game it would become less of a shortcut and more the entire menu in scrollable form, so maybe not...oh well, I'll still play the game no matter what they choose to do with the combat system.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Yeah because only having access to spells and attacks you equip and not being able to use them again right away is such an improvement over having access to all of your spells at any time without having to equip them while also having access to other commands. (I = sarcasm) You see my point here?

Gray Aria was referring to how Nomura himself stated in the past that Command Deck was the proper battle system and such, and how now he is going back on that mostly because of the casual fan base.

And really, it's a matter of preference. I prefer the Command Deck because I don't have to worry about MP, just reloading times which honestly were pretty fast if you had the reloading abilities, I didn't have to worry about using Cure once and then being out of luck for magic like in KH2, and I found navigating through about 8 Commands (at most) much more preferable than scrolling, choosing magic, than scrolling through that, then having to hit X again. Sure, the shortcut menu was there, and it definitely strikes me as "original" Command Deck for KH1/KH2/Days, but being limited to only four options was ridiculous. I'd also rather not waste time having to go through hordes of options in a battle when I need only a few spells/attacks/limits, when I could just scroll through a much smaller amount and dodge and do whatever else I needed to do.

No need to be so rude about it.

I also miss when magic actually had a strategic use as opposed to basically just being another strong attack. So if they can strike the right balance between KH1 and 2 I'll be happy. To appease the Deck lovers, perhaps just offer more customization options?

They could easily make the Shortcut Menu function like Command Deck, but with the MP system. Do I think they will? No, and I'll be sad about that, but I do agree that a lot of the magic from BbS->DDD was much more offensive than defensive (RIP KH1 Aero and KH2 Reflect), and there were some spells that were just... not even really needed (Poison, Sleep, Esuna, etc.) whereas the spells in KH1 and KH2, will being few, still all had some use, be it big or small.

Sorafan

Gray Aria was referring to how Nomura himself stated in the past that Command Deck was the proper battle system and such, and how now he is going back on that mostly because of the casual fan base.

And really, it's a matter of preference. I prefer the Command Deck because I don't have to worry about MP, just reloading times which honestly were pretty fast if you had the reloading abilities, I didn't have to worry about using Cure once and then being out of luck for magic like in KH2, and I found navigating through about 8 Commands (at most) much more preferable than scrolling, choosing magic, than scrolling through that, then having to hit X again. Sure, the shortcut menu was there, and it definitely strikes me as "original" Command Deck for KH1/KH2/Days, but being limited to only four options was ridiculous. I'd also rather not waste time having to go through hordes of options in a battle when I need only a few spells/attacks/limits, when I could just scroll through a much smaller amount and dodge and do whatever else I needed to do.

No need to be so rude about it.
That was more aimed at the part about improvement. Also I tend to come off as rude unintentionally so sorry about that. I was just trying to make a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back