• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KHIII Release Time Frame Set, Almost All Worlds New, Secret Movie included

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I forgot to mention Winnie the Pooh bear, I really hope we get to see that world again even if it's for the last time.
Every main game in the Xehanort trilogy deserve at least some Pooh to look at.

People are talking about DI as well even if that's a origin world but I also truly hope that's playable again, hopefully one of the last battles will take place there, I love when stories start like the end like the first KH, the first R&C or the Harry Potter series (if only for that magical soundtrack lol).

That comment about some things being open ended at the end make me even more certain about exactly what's going to happen in the end.
The DTD open and "the True Light return" and all the worlds become restored and reconnected.
Then in KH IV it's all one world again but it must be held together by man made rules and laws so we'll get an enemy hiding behind the Light.
PS. the ending is also gonna be just like the ending to P3 because it have to be, it's always like that.

i dont think tron is in because there new movie out or even going to be out and i dont think he going to start going to tv series yet.
I still hope it's there and they have their original story, they teased it so much in 3D and if they can't work with the new movie and don't want to make the story completely original (which wouldn't be to far fetched, see Beast and Xaldin for example) then the tv show was one of the best god damn shows I've ever seen, could have become number one if it wasn't canceled.
Considering it was I don't expect them to use it but I can still dream :)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Goldpanner's translations match up a lot better with all the information we got during E3.

It's pretty amazing just how much progress they've made since the last time KH3 appeared publicly. If they can make such dramatic changes, I'm more than happy to wait through all of those news droughts (though I'd rather not lol).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I have already decided on my plans for the directions of the characters fans care about. I don't want to make something too short that only settles the main dispute."

This one especially caught my eye. It nutures hope that major characters besides Sora, Riku and Axel/Lea won't be treated like just an afterthought/cameo as it was done in KH 2/DDD. ^__^

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I forgot to mention Winnie the Pooh bear, I really hope we get to see that world again even if it's for the last time.
Every main game in the Xehanort trilogy deserve at least some Pooh to look at.
Forgot about Pooh's book. With it saying most of the (I presume Disney) worlds will be new, but that probably isn't including mini-game worlds so it's a good chance Pooh bear's in.

People are talking about DI as well even if that's a origin world but I also truly hope that's playable again, hopefully one of the last battles will take place there, I love when stories start like the end like the first KH, the first R&C or the Harry Potter series (if only for that magical soundtrack lol).
While ending at the beginning was already done in the first game I want to see this too. It wouldn't feel right to have our hero and villain being both from that world and not using it for at least one battle.

Last edited:

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Forgot about Pooh's book. With it saying most of the (I presume Disney) worlds will be new, that probably isn't including mini-game worlds so it's a good chance Pooh bear's in.

While ending at the beginning was already done in the first game I want to see this too. It wouldn't feel right to have our hero and villain being both from that world and not using it for at least one battle.
And I didn't even remember that Xehanort also started out on DI when I typed that, now they have to include that.
I don't care what kind of stupid excuse they have to throw in, teleport the heroes from the graveyard for some reason or make Xehanort and Sora return there after the final battle because they get thrown in to the RoD and return to their homeworld after it but Xehanort is not ready to give up yet so Sora have to fight him with both of them being pushed to the brink or whatever, just get me that DI battle lol

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Ooh, more info? :3 Everything happens while I'm away lol.

I'm glad that there will be a lot of new worlds, entries like Re:coded used the same ones and it kinda got stale after a while haha.

Also, secret ending? Maybe it's just a sneak peak at what the next saga holds?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
This seems crazy. Am I the only one who has the feeling that KH3 was announced quite recently and it's not normal for it to come out in about a year (cause this is what is gonna happen apparently)? :p Kudos to them if they make it.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
This seems crazy. Am I the only one who has the feeling that KH3 was announced quite recently and it's not normal for it to come out in about a year (cause this is what is gonna happen apparently)? :p Kudos to them if they make it.
Well, Kingdom Hearts 2 didn't take very long to make if I remember correctly. Though in my opinion this one already looks even better than 2.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Forgot about Pooh's book. With it saying most of the (I presume Disney) worlds will be new, but that probably isn't including mini-game worlds so it's a good chance Pooh bear's in.

We got a new minigame world in BBS. Disney Town. The same thing could happen again for KH3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

They've been working on it since 2013, and ported everything over into UE4 last year, so development has been going on for at least 2 years now.

Next year it will be 3. I don't know how soon or late you want the game but we are nearing some sort of end point in the near future.

Unumus

Awards
I'm so sad about the command deck not being in KH3 though it was kind of obvious from the trailers that it wasn't going to be in the game. They have to add some sort of new feature to the Command system, though. They could do some pretty cool stuff with the PS4's touchpad but I don't know if they would add such an important feature only for the PS4 and not XBO. I feel like it's pretty early for a release window to be given.

I just don't want things to be rushed since so much detail has to be put into the game. Plus, it might be pushed back since they still have some work to do and complications are likely to arise. I don't think they'll give us an exact release date but rather a year. I hope it's late 2016 or early 2017.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That's not so much, BBS was teased 2006 wasn't it? My memory isn't the best but I think it was so that PSP game took about 5 years to make unless they were occupied with other stuff.
Now that was a new team sure but this is a new console, it should take at least 4 years to make the game or at least it would seam like it to me.

DommeUG

One World I want to see in KH3 is Wreckt-it Ralph! I see this world working out pretty nicely. Also there could be a mini-game thats is a little bit like Mario Kart as a Easter-Egg. Great movie tho!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
For the most part, I'm glad about the mostly new worlds thing. Still hoping that the King of Thieves will appear, though, so as to end that particular arc.

Also, as excited as I am for whatever that secret ending holds, I really hope that everyone before that gets wrapped up in a nice fashion. That way if people want to finally quit the series, they can just ignore the secret ending and go about leaving it peacefully that way.

It's also nice to hear Nomura say that he doesn't just want to wrap up the main conflict for our beloved characters, which makes me think there will be some nice epilogue that shows where they all mostly end up? I really need that, tbh, and I think we all want it, too. And I really DON'T want it to be like LR, where it only focused on Lightning's happiness and we didn't know much of anything else, so major kudos to Nomura for thinking differently than that, I think.

DommeUG

That's not so much, BBS was teased 2006 wasn't it? My memory isn't the best but I think it was so that PSP game took about 5 years to make unless they were occupied with other stuff.
Now that was a new team sure but this is a new console, it should take at least 4 years to make the game or at least it would seam like it to me.

Thats right, but as far as I got it, Square is working together with the original Producers and Animations from the Movies used, since many of them seem to be newer movies and they are still alive and working for Disney. I think with that support of Disney Animation Studios they can save a lot of time and concentrate more on the actual gameplay things.

Muke

whatever
Awards

It's the same team. ^.^
Besides, the thing with BBS is, that they were first going to do it for the PS 2.

I don't know if that had any influence to the development of the game though.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Thats right, but as far as I got it, Square is working together with the original Producers and Animations from the Movies used, since many of them seem to be newer movies and they are still alive and working for Disney. I think with that support of Disney Animation Studios they can save a lot of time and concentrate more on the actual gameplay things.
I didn't think about that, I hope you're right :)

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, Kingdom Hearts 2 didn't take very long to make if I remember correctly. Though in my opinion this one already looks even better than 2.

It took ~ 3 years if the info on the wiki is correct (which it should be).

Which is the thing that most KH Players forget. Unfortunately. :(

Another thing KH players seem to forget - the PS4 is no 3DS or PSP.

That's very short amount of time for this generation. PS2 development times were much shorter, same goes for budgets and teams.

So 2-3 years for one of the most anticipated AAA-games of this generation, from Square Enix, something is off..

They've been working on it since 2013, and ported everything over into UE4 last year, so development has been going on for at least 2 years now.

Next year it will be 3. I don't know how soon or late you want the game but we are nearing some sort of end point in the near future.

IF they manage it and the game is good and not rushed, colour me impressed. For the time being, I am both excited and worried for the final outcome.

KH 2 - 3 years
FF XII - 5,5 years
BB - 4,5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back