• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KHIII Release Time Frame Set, Almost All Worlds New, Secret Movie included

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Gematsu: KHIII Release Time Frame Set, Almost All Worlds New, Secret Movie included

i think that 2017 is the best opition for them right now maybe laate 2017 but you may never know and realse late 216 next year

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Rumour: KHIII Release Date Set, Almost All Worlds New, Secret Movie included

Gamestalk made a summary of the interviews in Japanese, which Gematsu translated:

Now that sounds more realistic. It sounds more like they have a rough estimate to the release window, as in say i.e. spring 2017 or something rather than an actual date.

Most of the worlds except Olympus will be new, which is also far from "all" and surely applies solely to Disney worlds.
If I remember correctly KH 2 also only had 3 fully playable returning worlds (as in Olympus, Agrabah and Halloween Town), Atlantica didn't fully return in KH 2 because it was a mini-game world as is 100-Acre Wood while Disney Castle doesn't count since it wasn't playable in KH 1.
Land of Dragons, Beast's Castle, Port Royal, Space Paranoids and Pride Lands were all new at the time.

Heartkeeper

Awards
Re: Gematsu: KHIII Release Time Frame Set, Almost All Worlds New, Secret Movie included

Really happy about having mostly new worlds. Regarding Nomura knowing the release date, I wonder if he means "the expected release date", not necessarily the "solid release date".

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Really happy about having mostly new worlds. Regarding Nomura knowing the release date, I wonder if he means "the expected release date", not necessarily the "solid release date".
Companies have multiple deadlines when working on projects. Things in KH3 have their own deadline. The deadline for the full game has been decided, but yet to be seen if they will reach it or if they will need to delay it.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Great. KH3 will be another open ended game. The story will never get resolved xD

DommeUG

So until this point here's a list of worlds we are going to visit:

Announced in the trailer:
1. Tangled
2. Olympus (Where we finally become REAL HEROES! One of my biggest hopes for KH3 besides the whole main story)
3. Twilight Town + Yen Sids Tower (Maybe something to do with Namine)

Kind of announced due to plot needs:
4. Keyblade Graveyard (Where the final clash will happen)
5. Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion (Ventus Body sleeps there)
6. Destiny Island (We see Sora on Destiny Islands taking Master Eraqus' Keyblade)

7. And maybe The Realm of Darkness (Aqua is still in there)

So we already have nearly 7 Worlds we are going to visit. If there are way more new Worlds than old ones, then hell yeah KH3 is gonna have a LOT of playtime. I am hoping for at least 50hours with cutscenes for the normal game. There is so many questions and if Nomura is going to answer them all, we will need a lot of time.

MikhaliX

Huh. I was really looking forward to the Deck Command Combat Gameplay since he really developed it throughout the non-numbered games. I'm not sure if it's really a bad thing. It's just... anti-climatic.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
6. Destiny Island (We see Sora on Destiny Islands taking Master Eraqus' Keyblade)

You can replace that one with Radiant Garden most likely as the FF cameos are slated to return.
The scene of Sora picking up Master Eraqus' Keyblade was only conceptual/symbolic and is not something that will actually happen in-game.

Destiny Islands can also be in the game without actually being playable as right now there aren't really any plot reasons to visit it properly.

DommeUG

You can replace that one with Radiant Garden most likely as the FF cameos are slated to return.
The scene of Sora picking up Master Eraqus' Keyblade was only conceptual/symbolic and is not something that will actually happen in-game.

Destiny Islands can also be in the game without actually being playable as right now there aren't really any plot reasons to visit it properly.

Well actually there is a reason to visit Destiny Island. It is known to have a strong connection to the Realm of Darkness where Aqua is. Sora and Riku once escaped there towards Destiny Island. Since Aqua transformed The Land of Departure to Castle Oblivion with Master Eraqus Keybladeand since where Ventus sleeps body sleeps there, we might actually need his Keyblade to unlock the Land of Departure again and save Ventus.
Just my opinion on that, but you're right that it doesn't need to be this way.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I really hope we'll see the return of Agrabah with the third Aladdin movie, I couldn't care less about Olympus Coliseum though.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well actually there is a reason to visit Destiny Island. It is known to have a strong connection to the Realm of Darkness where Aqua is. Sora and Riku once escaped there towards Destiny Island. Since Aqua transformed The Land of Departure to Castle Oblivion with Master Eraqus Keybladeand since where Ventus sleeps body sleeps there, we might actually need his Keyblade to unlock the Land of Departure again and save Ventus.
Just my opinion on that, but you're right that it doesn't need to be this way.

The Door to Light always opens towards the world the person that opens it calls home. That's why the Door to Light at the end of KH 2 lead to Destiny Islands, because it is Sora's and Riku's home.
When Ventus opened a Door to Light in BBS it lead to Land of Departure, which he considers his home.

Eraqus's Keyblade alone is pointless as you cannot unlock Land of Departure without its Keyhole and that Keyhole is located in the Chamber of Waking where Ven sleeps.
Only Aqua can find that room though and she is also the one who holds Eraqus' Keyblade at present time.

warmaster34

Please stop. Xenosaga did not lie, she was translating various details from the interview which have now been expanded upon thanks to Gematsu. Any further discussion about "did she lie, did she not lie" will be deleted.
I know that why I said I believe it and I apologized which makes me wonder now that everything is a new world what dose that mean for pirates and tron will we have new realistic worlds ? and if so what are the list ?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Huh. I was really looking forward to the Deck Command Combat Gameplay since he really developed it throughout the non-numbered games. I'm not sure if it's really a bad thing. It's just... anti-climatic.
Almost like it took a step back.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
well, I'll be damned, it wasn't just a bluff, that wasn't a confirmation of exact release date though, sounded more like a release window like "2016" and that's it. That's still earlier then I expected to be honest, hope that's not a sacrifice in quality and content.
There still seam to be a few more worlds reappearing so here's hoping for Tron, PotC and Disney World

Anagram

Banned
(About the battle gameplay of KH3)
Tetsuya Nomura: "The battle gameplay returns to commands such as 'attack' and 'magic' rather than deck commands. I thought that king of gameplay styles had the royal right to be used in a numbered Kingdom Hearts title."
Finally! About damn time. This is honestly the best news I've seen since E3 when it comes to KH3.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i dont think tron is in because there new movie out or even going to be out and i dont think he going to start going to tv series yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back