• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI CW: Halloween Contest!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Hey KK, I know you're posting the stories without our names on them for the actual contest; but will you be having a box with the names of those who actually sent you stories in that thread? I think it'd be fun to try and guess the authors~

Sure! I can do something like that, Chibi. :D It'll be fun to have people guess who wrote what.

Noel

Awards
I'm having brainflakes and side uve' pumkinspiced coffee right now. I can already see the horror I'm about to write.

oh i mean. bran flakes.

edit: i forced myself not to use uve'. It felt like I was being gagged.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Haha, me neither! And I've already been tossing threats around :3

@KK: Oh goodie! I think it'll be fun! Sees if we REALLY paid attention~

No kidding, Chibi. xD You've got the spirit in being competitive. I'm more or less in the same boat as yourself and Aqua with some inklings of what I'll be doing too.

Oh yeah! I already got one early submission. Someone is certainly eager to enter.

I want to join, but I have no idea what to write about...

It can be original too; if that helps at all? You could write about a Halloween experience, or give fictional characters the same experience as yourself? Yup, I'm throwing ideas out there. Don't be afraid to use them. C:

I'm having brainflakes and side uve' pumkinspiced coffee right now. I can already see the horror I'm about to write.

oh i mean. bran flakes.

edit: i forced myself not to use uve'. It felt like I was being gagged.

I've never had pumpkinspiced coffee, but I really want to try it now. <3

Update: I'm just letting you guys know I'm still around and haven't forgotten this. I was a little busy over the weekend. Fear not! I am ready to kick things back into gear!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm cookin! Gonna start writing at work today. I've got a journey ahead bolding/coloring the Halloween words. It ain't easy to do on my tablet!

I wish you the best in bolding/coloring those Halloween words, Chibi. :) I look forward to seeing what you've been cooking!

Noel

Awards
Oh yes. I've got the concept down, now. Just hashing it out! Possibly expect it over the weekend.

I will play off your fears~

I'll have a bucket and a mop ready. Just incase someone ahem makes a mess. I'm looking at my dog here. He's a scaredy cat /.\

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I'll have a bucket and a mop ready. Just incase someone ahem makes a mess. I'm looking at my dog here. He's a scaredy cat /.\
I'm open-ended horror at its finest~ Ever read any of the Weenies book series? (In the Land of the Lawn Weenies, Invasion of the Road Weenies, ect.) David Lubar is my short-story inspiration! ;A;

Noel

Awards
I'm open-ended horror at its finest~ Ever read any of the Weenies book series? (In the Land of the Lawn Weenies, Invasion of the Road Weenies, ect.) David Lubar is my short-story inspiration! ;A;

OH MY KUPO.
I always wanted to read those books when I was little! I'm positive with how much you're building up, I'm positive—yes I said it twice!—it'll be the darn tootnist read ever. :]

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I tentatively think I might try to join in on this. :3 I never joined any sort of contest before, so hopefully I get some fun out of it. :D

And a question for you, Miss Kit: I noticed that you said it doesn't have to be Kingdom Hearts-related, correct? If so, is it applicable to what you people call 'Television Shows' along with other 'stuff'? :3

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
*knows she's not KitKat, but is stepping in cause she's Roxie's friend (hope that's okay, KK!)* Anything you wanna do, Roxie, as long as it's within the forum rules. So, Marvel, DC, Assassin's Creed, Supernatural, Sleepy Hollow; whatever you wanna do. You can even do something totally original to you, if that's what you wanna do; that's what I'm doing. All you need to do is keep it Halloween/spooky themed, and work in whatever words on the list fit with your story.

Roxie1563

Awards
*knows she's not KitKat, but is stepping in cause she's Roxie's friend (hope that's okay, KK!)* Anything you wanna do, Roxie, as long as it's within the forum rules. So, Marvel, DC, Assassin's Creed, Supernatural, Sleepy Hollow; whatever you wanna do. You can even do something totally original to you, if that's what you wanna do; that's what I'm doing. All you need to do is keep it Halloween/spooky themed, and work in whatever words on the list fit with your story.

I see... Thank you, Dream! :D

I have this awesome idea and I think it'll be a good read for everybody. :3

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
What about Creepypastas? Are they acceptable? I have a bunch of them, but I gotta look through them to see which one is appropriate, some of them are pretty yikes.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Roxie1563 said:
I tentatively think I might try to join in on this. :3 I never joined any sort of contest before, so hopefully I get some fun out of it. :D

And a question for you, Miss Kit: I noticed that you said it doesn't have to be Kingdom Hearts-related, correct? If so, is it applicable to what you people call 'Television Shows' along with other 'stuff'? :3

I have this awesome idea and I think it'll be a good read for everybody. :3

What Eternal Dream said. xD Therefore, I look forward to seeing what you'll write for the contest! Also, it's optional if you want to use the Halloween keywords or not.

(And thank you for answering her question for me, Eternal Dream! Always a great help and much appreciated! :D <3)
What about Creepypastas? Are they acceptable? I have a bunch of them, but I gotta look through them to see which one is appropriate, some of them are pretty yikes.

Yes, Creepypastas are acceptable. C: Long as it stays appropriate and doesn't get too graphic.

Roxie1563

Awards
What Eternal Dream said. xD Therefore, I look forward to seeing what you'll write for the contest! Also, it's optional if you want to use the Halloween keywords or not.

(And thank you for answering her question for me, Eternal Dream! Always a great help and much appreciated! :D <3)

Yes, Creepypastas are acceptable. C: Long as it stays appropriate and doesn't get too graphic.

Cool. ;3 Just wanted to be sure before I actually do anything. So, it's optional to add the Halloween words but if I do, it still needs to be highlighted in orange, correct?

Today, I shall be working on it. :3 And when does the submission end..?

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
@Rox: Aah! I can help with this. You must bold the keywords (which really are optional since they're for the awards) but I'm sure no one would mind if you made them orange!
And since entries are due by October 31st, you can turn them in any time before then! (Not sure if that day counts, though)

Roxie1563

Awards
@Rox: Aah! I can help with this. You must bold the keywords (which really are optional since they're for the awards) but I'm sure no one would mind if you made them orange!
And since entries are due by October 31st, you can turn them in any time before then! (Not sure if that day counts, though)

>.<' I knew it was something close to bold, but for some reason I thought it was to highlight them in orange since it's a Halloween story. T_T

Mm, so I got a few days or so... But today, I shall work on it. :3 Seriously, I hope you all like it.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
About the keywords, do you highlight each one once? (Like, if you put Jack Skellington, do you highlight it the first time it appears or each time it appears?) And would it count if you wrote in part of the word? (For exampleeeeee~ Putting Oogie instead of Oogie Boogie each time) I'm sorry if the questions are weird! ;0; I just wanted to double check *bows*

Annnnnd I'm struggling to get this finished on time xD; I'm afraid that editing might take a bit heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back