• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI CW: Halloween Contest!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Mm, so I got a few days or so... But today, I shall work on it. :3 Seriously, I hope you all like it.

Im sure we'll enjoy it. My favorite things to read online are short stories! Ill read them all so I can accurately vote and guess authors, too!
Just remember: remain anonymous and dont tell folks what youre planning! And dont forget to give it a title~

@Rena: I was gonna count plurals (like mummy/mummies) and ive bolded them every time. At the end I plan on tallying up how many times I used the words (in their forms) and then the variety that I used. 2 totals for me, just to be sure.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
About the keywords, do you highlight each one once? (Like, if you put Jack Skellington, do you highlight it the first time it appears or each time it appears?) And would it count if you wrote in part of the word? (For exampleeeeee~ Putting Oogie instead of Oogie Boogie each time) I'm sorry if the questions are weird! ;0; I just wanted to double check *bows*

Annnnnd I'm struggling to get this finished on time xD; I'm afraid that editing might take a bit heh.

It's up to you, if you want to highlight Jack Skellington more than once. It'll still count. As for your second question, yes, you can have the Halloween key word be separate by putting only Oogie or Oogie Boogie. And it will count too. =D These questions aren't weird. I encourage you guys to ask questions, if you're uncertain about anything. If you need more time to write it, I can extend the deadlines.

Roxie1563 said:
Cool. ;3 Just wanted to be sure before I actually do anything. So, it's optional to add the Halloween words but if I do, it still needs to be highlighted in orange, correct?

Today, I shall be working on it. :3 And when does the submission end..?

Yes, it can be highlighted in orange. Or simply be Bolded.

The submission deadline will be on the first page. =D Although, someone already entered their entry to me ahead of schedule, so you can do the same, if you want.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
It's up to you, if you want to highlight Jack Skellington more than once. It'll still count. As for your second question, yes, you can have the Halloween key word be separate by putting only Oogie or Oogie Boogie. And it will count too. =D These questions aren't weird. I encourage you guys to ask questions, if you're uncertain about anything. If you need more time to write it, I can extend the deadlines.

The submission deadline will be on the first page. =D Although, someone already entered their entry to me ahead of schedule, so you can do the same, if you want.

Okay! :D Thank you so much for answering these questions, and to everybody as well. :D

I just might do that, so yeah.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yay, thank you, KitKat! :D Just wanted to make sure ;w; (and if you offer more time, that would be awesome, but the quickly approaching deadline is pushing me to work super hard on this to get it in on time xD)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Yay, thank you, KitKat! :D Just wanted to make sure ;w; (and if you offer more time, that would be awesome, but the quickly approaching deadline is pushing me to work super hard on this to get it in on time xD)

You're welcome, Rena. =D It's no problem at all and I completely understand! (I'm glad the deadline is so motivating. However, the offer still stands for yourself or anyone else. On the 31st, there will be a twenty four hour time limit for last minute entries and ect.)

And you guys all rock, because seeing so many of you wanting to enter in the contest is freaking awesome. ;_; I'm so proud of this writing community and knowing all of you talented writers. <3

ChibiHearts249

Awards
I PROMISE ill have my story to you when im off Wednesday! I dont plan on doing anything but writing.

Ive just been so tangled in thinking of NaNoWriMo and getting another chapter of Zero finished...my Halloween story is making itself hard to end.

Roxie1563

Awards
I PROMISE ill have my story to you when im off Wednesday! I dont plan on doing anything but writing.

Ive just been so tangled in thinking of NaNoWriMo and getting another chapter of Zero finished...my Halloween story is making itself hard to end.

I worked on mine either Saturday or yesterday, but haven't finished it yet. :/ Why do I like to put off work then when it looms closer, I end up doing it and made it in time?

I guess there is no logic in me when it comes to that. xD *gets myself to work on it*

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

[/QUOTE]

Try not to stress yourselves out too much. :c Even if it's not finished, I'll gladly accept it as a submission for the Halloween contest. I know the deadline is fast approaching, but remember it's going to be Halloween! You get to party and dress up and eat lots of candy too!

I worked on mine either Saturday or yesterday, but haven't finished it yet. :/ Why do I like to put off work then when it looms closer, I end up doing it and made it in time?

I guess there is no logic in me when it comes to that. xD *gets myself to work on it*

I believe it's because people like to take breaks before going that last stretch of a mile in completing their work. Therefore creating an adrenaline rush. xD Either way, I'm sure you'll have it done soon. C:

ChibiHearts249

Awards
*sigh* Busy busy. I think I'm gonna be a witch and use my shoulder puppet as my familiar this year. I paid enough for it!

But this contest is just as important as the other 2 things. I also get to put it in my Short Story thread when this is over, too. I've got nothing to lose finishing it :3

Roxie1563

Awards
Try not to stress yourselves out too much. :c Even if it's not finished, I'll gladly accept it as a submission for the Halloween contest. I know the deadline is fast approaching, but remember it's going to be Halloween! You get to party and dress up and eat lots of candy too!

I believe it's because people like to take breaks before going that last stretch of a mile in completing their work. Therefore creating an adrenaline rush. xD Either way, I'm sure you'll have it done soon. C:[/QUOTE]

xD That might be true after all. x3

I think you'll love my story and while it might be top-tier, it's fun as well! ;D

Roxie1563

Awards
Haha, you forgot the first QUOTE box, Rox XD

Well, isn't someone feeling cheerful~

D: How the heck did I not notice that?! T_T

Yes, Chibi, I'm feeling cheerful! :D Beside, my story is going to beat the heck out of your story. :3 Just look at it! *points to the unfinished project* Um, wrong one! *switch sides to reveal the nearly done project* There we go! ;3

Roxie1563

Awards
My story EATS other stories.

Nope~ My story will eat your story out so many times that it has no choice but to acknowledge that I'm the superior one with the best story! >:D

*polishing it up for entry into orbit* :D

Roxie1563

Awards
I have defeated you in posts as predicted. Do you not think I shall run your storyboat aground, my friend? ;D

*sniffs* It's just a post, that's all. And I do think you could, I choose to think you can't. ;D

Such a slow process writing this story and I'm still excited. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back