• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D HD trailer is up.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
It seem like a different gameplay compare to other KH series.
maybe Sora and Riku learning some new abilities after MoM?

Well, Mickey is a master and he does that kind of thing. Maybe that is what modern masters need to be able to do.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wish somebody would post a direct link of this video in HD that is an mp4 or f4v file format.

I can VM you something that you can use to download it in MP4 in the youtube video quality.
I did it last night and it looks good.

eric1018

Awards
Traverse Town in 1st District, inside the Moogle S
Well, Mickey is a master and he does that kind of thing. Maybe that is what modern masters need to be able to do.

Hey, you know what, you're right. Mickey always jumps around and stuff and maybe the dream part of this game is so Sora and Riku feel as if gravity is non existent and so they aren't scared to jump around in their real lives. But the thing is, I don't remember Aqua doing these moves (well the jumping around like Mickey) and she passed her Mark of Mastery test, right?

Lol and to think Mickey just jumped around cause he was a little flying Yoda. :p

iSeeYOU

Hummm... So Aqua and Terra had to fight little flying balls and then each other to become Masters... But Sora and Riku must fight the bosses they had to train a whole game to defeat, plus beat new worlds ? And that's only half of the game apparently. Could someone kindly enlighten me ?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hummm... So Aqua and Terra had to fight little flying balls and then each other to become Masters... But Sora and Riku must fight the bosses they had to train a whole game to defeat, plus beat new worlds ? And that's only half of the game apparently. Could someone kindly enlighten me ?

Hmmm...how about that it was confirmed that only some parts of Dream Drop Distance are about this friggin' overrated exam?
The MoM-exam will only be a small portion of the entire scope of KH 3D!

Also, there are Yen Sid and Mickey holding the exam, not Eraqus with his "absolute views".

eric1018

Awards
Hmmm...how about that it was confirmed that only some parts of Dream Drop Distance are about this friggin' overrated exam?
The MoM-exam will only be a small portion of the entire scope of KH 3D!

Also, there are Yen Sid and Mickey holding the exam, not Eraqus with his "absolute views".

Well thats the thing, how can one just determine if one is a master? It seems like there should be some set test, no different ones...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well thats the thing, how can one just determine if one is a master? It seems like there should be some set test, no different ones...

Not the content or the way the test is done has to be set but the qualities of the heart that are required have to be met.
As Eraqus said, becoming a master doesn't mean a competition or a display of power, it means showing the strength of the heart.

That's also one of the reasons I always scoffed at those who want Sora and Riku to fight each other...it's not the focal point of the exam.
Also Eraqus didn't fail Terra solely because he has darkness, but because he could not sufficiently control that darkness.
Riku on the other hand now can control his own darkness without succumbing to it, a feat Ansem the Wise archived too despite him not a wielder.

PS: These last three sentences where just some random rambling and tibits of info not really related to the question, lol.

eric1018

Awards
Not the content or the way the test is done has to be set but the qualities of the heart that are required have to be met.
As Eraqus said, becoming a master doesn't mean a competition or a display of power, it means showing the strength of the heart.

That's also one of the reasons I always scoffed at those who want Sora and Riku to fight each other...it's not the focal point of the exam.
Also Eraqus didn't fail Terra solely because he has darkness, but because he could not sufficiently control that darkness.
Riku on the other hand now can control his own darkness without succumbing to it, a feat Ansem the Wise archived too despite him not a wielder.

PS: These last three sentences where just some random rambling and tibits of info not really related to the question, lol.

Oh I get it thank you. I never played BBS cause I don't have a psp so that it why I'm not sure of that. But thanks for explaining it to me!

And your little tidbits made a lot of sense tho! haha

keywave69

AAAAHHHHHHH OMG I just had a dream that I was with all the really hot girls in my grade and we where playing kingdom hearts 3D dream drop distance and there was a Sherlock holms world and it had amazing graphics also the gameplay was just like in the trailer. it was sooooooo awesome playing it in 3D with hot chicks!!!!... But then my alarm woke me up and I had to go to school...

Dr_Mario64

I think you're missing the point, am I right? The purpose of the Mark of Mastery Exam is to see if the pupils can contain the darkness in their hearts. The flying balls were nothing more than a test of ability. I think DDD is aiming to do the same thing; just in a more elaborate manner.

DanX

Read this theory on a video for the trailer in the comments its veryy good think it might be right.

(not mine)

You see Ansem with a see through Xemnas behind him and Xemnas with a see through Ansem behind him. Nomura said that KH3D is about "trust". My thought is, so Sora can see Xemnas and Riku can see Ansem. Now what if Ansem and Xemnas were just an illusion, and Sora and Riku were fighting each other without knowing it because they think they're fighting Ansem/Xemans,and they would have to figure out that it's not really them.This is due to the exam.

Darkrider S

Seems like I was the only one who noticed so far that Xemnas and Ansem were different this time - at least if someone looked closely, he/she could've seen that there illusions of the appearance from each other in the background (means, Ansem => slightly Xemnas in background, Xemnas => slightly Ansem in bg) - that makes me wonder if that part is just only foreshadowing about the return of the original Xehanort and that Sora/Riku only see that part of him that they had to do most with/hated most.
I noticed that too! >.< I had thought i might be the only one who did.. do wouldn't this show that Sora and Riku are fighting Half of ansem and Xemnas? o.o Or their just illusions in the same Body?... I forgot my explanations now Dx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back