• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

is Sora superior to Mickey as a keyblade warrior

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
My Ranking -
Not sure where to place Yin Sid because we never seen what he can do...
1. Xehanort
2. Aqua, Sora, Terra, Mickey
3. Roxas,
4. Eraqus
5. Ventus, Vanitas
6. Riku
7. Kairi

Vexdon

@ Vexdon actually i made a mistake Riku is the chosen wielder because, Terra selected him sora was never meant to have the keyblade but he acquaired it through his pure heart or whatver shit disney wants u to believe anyway getting back to my statment if Riku was the chosen wielder chosen by terra this elimates sora as a true master so techainally King Mickey is better bcuz soras not an option since hes not even the chosen one riku was.-- or riku could be the better weilder if there was a King Mickey VS riku thread. and here is the video to show[video=youtube;g8o97ipytSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8o97ipytSM&feature=related[/video]

i must respectfully disagree with the bolded text...If Sora wasnt at least potentially a 'true master' then the Keyblade would have permanantly transferred over to Riku instead of returning to Sora for good..As it still stands Terra isnt even a Master so thats really not saying anything as far as him passing the ability down to a 'true' suiter

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
i must respectfully disagree with the bolded text...If Sora wasnt at least potentially a 'true master' then the Keyblade would have permanantly transferred over to Riku instead of returning to Sora for good..As it still stands Terra isnt even a Master so thats really not saying anything as far as him passing the ability down to a 'true' suiter

The keyblade transferred over to Sora permanently because Riku's heart proved itself weaker than Sora's in two instances and because Sora's heart itself became stronger due to him fighting for his friends. Not to mention Ventus's heart rests in Sora's.

Terra IS a master in all but title, even Eraqus and Master Xehanort acknowledged that.
Terra has everything needed to be Master in terms of power level, that's why he even could perform the ceremony for Riku.
So it's saying very much about choosing a "true" suiter, which Riku is as evidenced by the fact that he can wield other people's keyblades temporarily as seen when he took Roxas's oblivion and also created a new keyblade which is his own.

Vexdon

The keyblade transferred over to Sora permanently because Riku's heart proved itself weaker than Sora's in two instances and because Sora's heart itself became stronger due to him fighting for his friends. Not to mention Ventus's heart rests in Sora's.

Terra IS a master in all but title, even Eraqus and Master Xehanort acknowledged that.
Terra has everything needed to be Master in terms of power level, that's why he even could perform the ceremony for Riku.
So it's saying very much about choosing a "true" suiter, which Riku is as evidenced by the fact that he can wield other people's keyblades temporarily as seen when he took Roxas's oblivion and also created a new keyblade which is his own.

yea okay, but that still doesnt take any credit away from Sora as far as him not being a true master while Riku is...At this point saying he isnt just because the keyblade was meant for Riku is arguing semantics just like the arguement of Terra not being a true Master simply because the title was never bestowed on him

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
yes I think Sora is superior to Mickey from KH2 I only can see Sora getting faster/stronger as a keyblade wielder.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Mickey is probably stronger than Sora. Mickey has been wielding the Keyblade even before BBS. He became a master the right way in BBS, and then had another 11 years after that of using the Keyblade. Mickey's power is evident in KH1, since he went into the Realm of Darkness all by himself then he must have been pretty powerful to just dive into the realm of darkness with countless heartless living there.

The question is which is stronger between Sora and Riku? Sora's no weakling not by any stretch of the imagination. Sora's taken down XH, Xemnas, most of the organization, and tons of Disney villains. However we must remember most of the time Sora had help from others.

Still though in KH1 he was able to defeat Riku alone when Riku was under the control of XH. Riku probably got stronger during the year between KH1 and KH2, while Sora slept. So that could have made Riku stronger than Sora by the time of KH2. Sora was obviously stronger in KH2 than he was in KH1, so in my opinion, I think Sora and Riku are about equal.

EDIT:

I'll just give a ranking of where I think each wielder stands in terms of power starting from the strongest and going down to the weakest:

1. Yen Sid
2. Xehanort and Eraqus
3. Terra and Aqua (Aqua being a little stronger now since she has been in the realm of darkness for so long)
4. Mickey
5. Vanitas (Slightly stronger than the others on number 6 but Ventus is probably on Equal footing with him)
6. Riku, Sora, Roxas, Xion, and Ventus
7. Kairi

Last edited:
Awards
Didn't Jafar say Sora's skill with the keyblade was not his own? I honestly think Sora is just a puppet the KK acts through. I'm sure he could hold his own against smaller heartless but not against Ansem, Xemness, Org XIII, or any of the other boss heartless/nobodies. Video game or not, playing toy sword with your friends will not prepare you for battling supernatural creatures with the ability to swallow the hearts of entire worlds. I like to think that DDD will be spent teaching Sora how to fight without the KK's influence and unlocking his true abilities. So Sora is a cheater. If the KK decided to stop lending him a hand Waka could probably kick Sora's ass.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Mickey would be much stronger than Sora.

If you count the fact that if Sora loses to Xaldin in KH2, Mickey would come in and save his ass.

Vexdon

Didn't Jafar say Sora's skill with the keyblade was not his own? I honestly think Sora is just a puppet the KK acts through. I'm sure he could hold his own against smaller heartless but not against Ansem, Xemness, Org XIII, or any of the other boss heartless/nobodies. Video game or not, playing toy sword with your friends will not prepare you for battling supernatural creatures with the ability to swallow the hearts of entire worlds. I like to think that DDD will be spent teaching Sora how to fight without the KK's influence and unlocking his true abilities. So Sora is a cheater. If the KK decided to stop lending him a hand Waka could probably kick Sora's ass.

Maybe not though..Cuz remember Ventus in the begining of BBS, Vanitas and MX were talking about how he wasnt strong enough yet to forge the x-blade so they waited until he had traveled to the other worlds battling unversed to get stronger. By the end he was, so its plausable that Sora did in fact develope his own skills through his adventures to be able to wield the Kingdom key good enough to defeat stronger heartless such as Ansem

flurryflames

Maybe not though..Cuz remember Ventus in the begining of BBS, Vanitas and MX were talking about how he wasnt strong enough yet to forge the x-blade so they waited until he had traveled to the other worlds battling unversed to get stronger. By the end he was, so its plausable that Sora did in fact develope his own skills through his adventures to be able to wield the Kingdom key good enough to defeat stronger heartless such as Ansem

I agree with flyingfishstick on his above quote before yours.

Sora never indured in any of this with BBS until Kingdom Hearts 1 and then so forth. The real heros were Terra Aqua and Ven. Sora was just a kid during their time. Sora got strong because of Ven giving him his heart at a young age. Ven was more advanced than Sora ever was. Even Xigbar commented on that the three keyblade wielders were alot stronger than him.

So in a way Sora didn't earn any of this himself. It was given to him. His friends were always there to back him up except when he fought against Riku. There isn't ONE battle where he faced the MAIN villains on his own. We may not know all of King Mickey's history, but it seems that he may have worked hard on his own to become a key blade warrior.

Volktio

Mickey is more skillfull than Sora because of the years of experience but Sora has more potential .
it is explained like this
Sora is a good street singer and Mickey is an opera singer is something like that xD someone have class and the other not but Sora will learn the correct way to wield a keyblade in DDD but i wish they not change sora's battle style

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I agree with flyingfishstick on his above quote before yours.

Sora never indured in any of this with BBS until Kingdom Hearts 1 and then so forth. The real heros were Terra Aqua and Ven. Sora was just a kid during their time. Sora got strong because of Ven giving him his heart at a young age. Ven was more advanced than Sora ever was. Even Xigbar commented on that the three keyblade wielders were alot stronger than him.

Asides from the dual wielding ability and second Keyblade that came due to his sheltering the heart of another wielder, Sora received nothing from Ven.

So in a way Sora didn't earn any of this himself. It was given to him.

On the contrary; that's not to say that all of Sora's achievements were obtained because someone held his hand all the way. Give him some more credit.

His friends were always there to back him up except when he fought against Riku. There isn't ONE battle where he faced the MAIN villains on his own. We may not know all of King Mickey's history, but it seems that he may have worked hard on his own to become a key blade warrior.

So did Sora. Not as much, as I agree that Mickey is indeed superior, but he didn't cheat his way to the top. He received help, but help is useless if he could not hold his own.

vitxras

well if u think pf it this way sora seems to have gone through much more than any other keyblade wielder. not counting the seniors, eriqus, xehonort, and yensid. but definitely the youth fulls. sure Mickey has had the keyblade for 10 years but we can assume that he didn't do that much (probably defending his castle from time to time). but sora has gone through way more than the rest. so i would say his skills and strength out weigh Mickeys but mickey has years of experience and wisdom.

its like 2 sides to 1 bad ass coin

Ulicies

I'm certainly hoping they recieve powerful spells comparable to the original trio. Riku, I want to become as powerful as he can get. It's always been Soul Eater, seeing him use spells like Blizzard and Cure will be refreshing.
I'm actually pretty tired of using the same old "Blizzard/Fire/Thunder" spells. They feel really weak by now, especially with their design in KH2. I want more powerful, flashy spells to be integrated uniquely to each character. I want Riku to go all out with dark powers (his abilities in CoM on crack, per-say), and Sora to learn dazzling light magic. I realize that Final Fantasy games always use the Blizzard/Fire/Thunder formula, but I'd love to see more flashy powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back