• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Incredibles 2 (and Cars 3) Are Happening

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Happy to hear about the Incredibles sequel. Interested to see what direction they go with it. I say "Eh" to Cars 3. The first was pretty good but I haven't seen the second one. If they had to do another Pixar sequel I'd rather see A Bug's Life 2. :p

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Sidenote, if you've never seen the original Incredibles and need to get up to speed, you can download a free digital copy here. My friend hosts that sight (dedicated to freebies) and I just downloaded it myself, so I can tell you it's completely legit. I'm a subscriber, so you may have to subscribe for the offer (totally free as well), but then you can unsubscribe thereafter if you don't like... getting free shit. [Source: Julie's Freebies]

You're welcome.

blksabbath74

Happy to hear about the Incredibles sequel. Interested to see what direction they go with it. I say "Eh" to Cars 3. The first was pretty good but I haven't seen the second one. If they had to do another Pixar sequel I'd rather see A Bug's Life 2. :p

If you haven't seen it yet, I'd give Cars 2 a miss...

Definately watch Mater's Tall Tales on Netflix though, if you get a chance. They are about 5 minutes each, and more fun than the sequel movie.

I'm still not sure why Incredibles and Cars don't have TV series on Disney, as they both seem to lend themselves to episodic storytelling more readily than a true sequel.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
For the record, there WAS no 4th Indiana Jones film. Crystal Skulls was actually a Hellboy film that suffered from massive casting problems.

On the contrary, Crystal Skulls was actually the fourth entry in the Star Wars prequels.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
If you haven't seen it yet, I'd give Cars 2 a miss...

Definately watch Mater's Tall Tales on Netflix though, if you get a chance. They are about 5 minutes each, and more fun than the sequel movie.

I'm still not sure why Incredibles and Cars don't have TV series on Disney, as they both seem to lend themselves to episodic storytelling more readily than a true sequel.

I may eventually watch it but not anytime soon. I have seen some of Mater's Tall Tales and they are pretty good. Incredibles as a tv series is a good idea. Surprised Disney never thought of it.

blksabbath74

I may eventually watch it but not anytime soon. I have seen some of Mater's Tall Tales and they are pretty good. Incredibles as a tv series is a good idea. Surprised Disney never thought of it.

I mean, you don't want to make a sequel until you have a really GOOD plot, but they could pull off episodic supervillain spoofage and fluffy CGI action sequences all day long in a series, without the pressure to outdo the original movie.

Supervillains practically spoof themselves...

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Any excuse for Samuel L. Jackson to reprise an awesome role is OK by me! Super excited about this!

So, the link is suggesting that the film might come 2016-17? I'd thought it would be a bit sooner.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Any excuse for Samuel L. Jackson to reprise an awesome role is OK by me! Super excited about this!

So, the link is suggesting that the film might come 2016-17? I'd thought it would be a bit sooner.

I thought it would be sooner too but considering Finding Dory has been announced to come out in 2016 I assume that will come out before either I2 or Cars 3.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
As if I wasn't expecting Sam to be back. :p

I wonder who'll play Dash. Spencer Fox is about 22 now going by his reported age when the first film came out! So either the entire family is aged up quite a bit-which they probably wouldn't do just for a single actor-or they find a new kid.

Edit: it's also appropriate that Disney is offering an official free digital copy of the Incredibles with their Disney Movies Anywhere service. Membership is free, but movies are purchased. http://www.disneymoviesanywhere.com

Mater's Tall Tales is fun for certain. I'd recommend getting the Blu-Ray as it has some fun behind the scenes stuff and a look at a bunch of cancelled shorts in storyboard format. It came out in 2010 though so it's limited to pre-Cars 2 shorts.

MMT vol. 2 is something I'd get should that come out.

Last edited:

kmorris2609

I don't see a reason for there to be yet another sequel to Cars. Cars 2 was tolerable, but I don't see what more could be done in the Cars universe in the next movie.

Everybody has been wanting Incredibles 2 since the ending scene of Incredibles, where they hinted at that sequel. It is about time that they begin work on it. I think this sequel was as highly demanded as Monsters University and Finding Dory. I can't wait for it to come out.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm excited for The Incredibles 2. The first one was pretty good superhero movie that went beyond my expectations, and it will definitely be nice to see more from this universe. (I will never forget why superheroes shouldn't wear capes, all because of this movie)

Cars 3 I'm less excited about. I didn't really like the first Cars, and the second one didn't look too great either. And then planes, just no. I think I'll probably pass on cars 3 as well.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I am skeptical. Cars 3 is going to be trash and a marketing ploy and while I've never watched incredibles all the way through, all these sequels can't be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back