• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Incredibles 2 (and Cars 3) Are Happening

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I AM SO HAPPY, OH MY GOSH.

This is the ONE thing I wanted from Pixar and it's finally happening. There is so much they can do with a sequel and I cannot wait to hear about what they're planning to do with it. C:

I don't give a shit about Cars 3 but I know that kids adore the Cars franchise so it makes sense for them to continue with it.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
We will finally know what happened to the Mole Man

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Ah hell yeah Incredibles 2. I'm with Death, though. They should do something similar to what DreamWorks is doing with How To Train Your Dragon 2 and join the cast several years later.

(idgaf about cars 3)

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
This is great. Really great.

Don't care at all about Cars. Haven't seen a single one of those movies and I really don't plan on doing so, as the concept doesn't appeal to me at all. But it's good for the kids and for Disney's wallet. Because let's face, why else are we getting another Cars sequel? And a Planes sequel? Munniez.

But I digress, the real news here is The Incredibles 2. Same director as well so I really can't see this failing. This should be good at the very least.

I wonder where they're gonna go with the story. The kids will probably have grown up so that might give some new and interesting situations. Anyways, can't wait!

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Very excited for Incredibles 2.

Cars 3 is w/e because Disney prolly just wanted more toy revenue.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The original Cars was good, had some really funny moments ("I'm in hillbilly hell!" is one of my favorite lines). Haven't seen the sequels but maybe I will.

I agree. The first Cars film wasn't all that bad. Certainly not one of Pixar's best films, but still a perfectly decent film with some good moments.

Zter

Great, more lazy sequels instead of new and fresh films. Thanks Pixar.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
This is anything but a "lazy sequel" considering The Incredibles is pretty much the only Pixar film to ever set up opportunities for a sequel and it is one of the most demanded sequels from fans. And Cars is easy money so who can blame them.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

If you aren't at least semi interested in a sequel for The Incredibles then you are simply devoid of joy in your life.

blksabbath74

We will finally know what happened to the Mole Man

The Underminer...Mole Man is an actually Marvel villain.

I am sort of surprised that Disney never turned the Incredibles into a television series. The reason why they took so long to come out with a new movie was that they wanted a really great script. However, they freely admitted that there were a million fun adventures they could have spanwed that just weren't sequel-worthy.

Hello, 30-minute episodes on Disney channels...full of very well-spoofed villains and new heroes.

BTW, Life imitates art...there's some d-bag in Colorado who is trying to sue the underwater rescue team who pulled him out of his submerged car, because now he has hospitol bills.

I say they put him back in the car in the river.

blksabbath74

Hasn't seen anything from the sequels, calls them lazy. Good job!

Clearly doesn't know what he's talking about...

Other than Cars 2, the only sequels Pixar has produced were Toy Story 2 & 3, and that whole trilogy was terrific, and Monster's University, which many feel was superior to Monster's Inc.

The rest have all been originals, and there is no real reason to beleive that Pixar won't do a good job with the upcoming sequels of Incredibles 2, Finding Dory and Cars 3.

Also, I'm not sure what everyone has against Cars.

In it's defense, Cars 2 wasn't a 'lazy' film. It actually took a pretty big risk going in a very different direction from the first, which, unfortunately, just didn't work very well for either children or adult viewers.

The original Cars was as good as any other Pixar film, across the board.

I am sincerely hoping that they can bring the Franchise back with the third installment, like Indiana Jones.

For the record, there WAS no 4th Indiana Jones film. Crystal Skulls was actually a Hellboy film that suffered from massive casting problems.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
LTTP

AHHHHH. INCREDIBLES 2. THIS IS ALL I HAVE EVER WANTED. It's such a perfect opportunity to see how things have changed since the last film.

Cars 3, though? Okay...I suppose kids will enjoy it.

You can go.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I didn't know hell finally froze over?

But hell yes, I am excite. I'm hoping they've gone through some aging though, I want to see an older Jack Jack (not as in adult, just, you know, not a baby)

Technically in Dante's "The Divine Comdedy," the ninth circle of Hell is a frozen realm, if that counts. :p

Also, I completely agree that they need to have a time skip between films. At the very least, I want to see how the characters have grown since the first film (and not just in regards to how tall the kids have become).

i'm ignoring the cars films because

1) i haven't seen them

2) people generally agree the franchise as a whole is bad anyway

but toy story 2 and 3 as well as monsters university were all pretty decent (with MU being the weakest movie of the bunch, but that was kind of expected given it was a prequel)

Same with me. Cars never seemed like a kind of movie that I'd be interested in watching. That being said, I haven't really been keeping up with Pixar and Disney films for quite a long time now. I still have yet to fully watch movies like The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Frozen, Up, and so on and so forth. I still haven't even seen all of Toy Story 3 yet. *goes into a corner and sobs*

I'm hoping they maintain the family aspect that made the first movie so good. I'm hoping that all the characters are much older, with Dash in highschool and Violet out of the house.

Completely agree with this. There is some great material that can be used with those ideas in mind.

LTTP

AHHHHH. INCREDIBLES 2. THIS IS ALL I HAVE EVER WANTED. It's such a perfect opportunity to see how things have changed since the last film.

Cars 3, though? Okay...I suppose kids will enjoy it.

You can go.

From what I recall, the Cars films were relatively successful with kids, and apparently the first film was decent enough.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
From what I recall, the Cars films were relatively successful with kids, and apparently the first film was decent enough.

Yes, they were. They are a huge merchandising success for Disney & Pixar so they have plenty reason for making another film. I would hope after the third they stop, though. There is only so much you can do with a series before you lose your viewers.

They could always spin-off Cars (and not with Planes) and continue with it.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I'm not surprised that this announcement comes in the wake of popular superhero movie franchises. I just trust Pixar to treat the movie with respect like they did with TS3 and MU.

I didn't know hell finally froze over?

But hell yes, I am excite. I'm hoping they've gone through some aging though, I want to see an older Jack Jack (not as in adult, just, you know, not a baby)

Can't say for Finding Dory, but Toy Story 3 and MU stood out because they grew with their audience. I'm betting Incredibles 2 will do the same if it follows the same family (which it probably will).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back