• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Has the lack of Kingdom Hearts 3 made anyone jaded over the years?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
Kingdom Hearts has been around for years and while many fans enjoyed the console and portable games, it seems what we really wanted over the years is a Kingdom Hearts III game on the console. I know life happens and people change over time but it seems as though that a lack of KH3 has made some people jaded as they were waiting for the game that will never come. I still the enjoy games regardless of the system and I know this a bit late but has the lack of Kingdom hearts 3 made some fans jaded and cynical?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Not at all. In fact, people who are so insistent that KH3 is some mythical thing that can never arrive make me cringe. It's really not that big of a deal. It's not like Kingdom Hearts disappeared for 10 years like some other series. It's pretty much always around (save the news droughts during developments)

JackKeyBlade

I remember people thinking Birth By Sleep was going to be KH3 from a trailer posted for it, and even though it was a good game it wasn't what I anticipated it to be. It's been a long wait for KH3 and even though it's been long the trailers and posted game play has kept me excited and hopeful for it. I just wish they would show us more then just teasers.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I think if you spend 11 years waiting for a game that wasnt announced, you deserve to feel unhappy.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I do feel a bit tired. Don't get me wrong, I love that they brought the series onto a console and that 2.8 is a thing but I definitely do feel a bit tired while waiting for kh3

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
No kidding chu.

As for me..I figure, like with fansubs, it'll be out when it's ready. Period. Tho to some they may think it's another Duke Nukem Forever situation, sadly. I have seen the interviews, I know he prolly didn't mean to leave it this long, but we're a year or two away from it now, methinks.

And I'll be glad to play it when it is finally out. ^^ Also I got a backlog to keep me company until then, so not upset that there's nothing to play..

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think if you spend 11 years waiting for a game that wasnt announced, you deserve to feel unhappy.
That is a ridiculous argument; anyone who knows their numbers would expect a 3 to follow KH2.

Too bad we all couldn’t have been sated by these piddling little side-games on this console and that console and every console under the sun, not even speaking for the lack of quality in several of them as compared to the games released on the main console.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That is a ridiculous argument; anyone who knows their numbers would expect a 3 to follow KH2.
Except at the point of Kingdom Hearts II's release, it was the third game released. So the idea that after II should have been III is invalidated by Square's previous actions.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Too bad we all couldn’t have been sated by these piddling little side-games on this console and that console and every console under the sun, not even speaking for the lack of quality in several of them as compared to the games released on the main console.
Well that argument is also invalid because Chain of Memories was the second game made, not KH2. So to assume the next game would be KH3 is based on nothing.

Edit: chaser 2 fast

Kounelli

Awards
I'm more jaded about the complaints surrounding the lengthy development process of KHIII than actually waiting for the game lol.

I feel fine about waiting for KHIII myself, although I can understand the people that are growing impatient. It is a long time to wait, and there seems to be a pissing contest between FFXV and KH fans over who is waiting the longest (which is annoying), but I kinda like that we are going to see KH on next gen consoles.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Taochan said:
Well that argument is also invalid because Chain of Memories was the second game made, not KH2.
Chaser said:
Except at the point of Kingdom Hearts II's release, it was the third game released.
Let me clarify this incomprehensible nugget: people would naturally expect a KH3 to be coming because there was a KH2, not because it would or should be the third game in the series……….. Or whatever you were thinking. CoM only gives more credence to that argument, because the game on the main console is given the 2 designation while the side-game is subtitled. Also--to clarify another point--it has nothing to do with KH3 not being the very next game after KH2. It's the fact that KH3 hasn't shown up 10 years after KH2.

I think the long wait for KH3 is half of the reason for jaded fans. The blatant milking of a popular series is the other half—2.8’s “new episode” is pretty much the nadir.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Not at all. It's finally here anyway -- KH3 is literally only one game away. And actually? I am glad they produced all these "side games" to flesh the story out.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I personally can't wait for 87 year old Jesse McCartney to voice Roxas in KH3.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I personally can't wait for 87 year old Jesse McCartney to voice Roxas in KH3.
Ugh, seriously now? These kinds of jokes really drive me nuts, because they essentially are "oho KH3 won't come out until 2040 or something idk how old Jesse is

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Well, not really. At first I was a bit confused but when I played BBS and Days I realized the story was still on going, so I did not really mind. I guess people think for some reason that KHIII is something similar to Versus/XV which was announced and has been in development hell for the past 10 years. KHIII was never announced thou.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Definitely not. There plainly is nothing to be "jaded" about.

Not even counting the facts that KH III was explicitly stated to be not a thing by official sources right up to 2011/2012 and that the series did continue, disliked story-developments, arguable quality and admittedly unwise console-spread be damned, I personally have enough other things to fill my admittedly spare free time with as well.
Thus I am "waiting" for KH III since its announcement in 2013, not since 2005 or 2006 nor 2011/2012 when Nomura first clearly stated that there will be a KH III eventually. You do not wait for something that is said to not come for quite a time.

No matter how one twists it around it was stated more than once to not expect a KH III and that there are no plans for it, so waiting for something that is stated to not come in any foreseeable future is an issue that lies with every single individual, not with the creators/developers nor the series.
Although to be fair, gaming sites and magazines are also partly to blame during the period of 2005 to 2012 with continuing to pester Nomura and the other developers about "Kingdom Hearts III" and sometimes being openly dismissive of the handheld titles before even playing them because "it's not KH III", totally ignoring the fact that they were told there won't be a KH III for quite a period of time.
Seriously, what condescending attitude is that to have?

That Versus XIII took this long and the whole problems they had to deal with concerning the White Engine/Crystal Tools, which led to the disaster that was the original FF XIV and even FF XIII taking longer than expected were additional factors that contributed to the gap getting even longer, but one thing I always remember when thinking about this issue is that even when he was personally at E3 2013, Nomura still said he feels KH III was announced too early.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Are the same people who are upset about the wait for KH3 also upset because the next mega man game is taking so long? (Excluding mighty no 9 because it's not mega man)

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I guess that's my biggest frustration.

For the people who don't care about story and just want another KH1/KH2 type gameplay to play... ok. I guess I get it. But it's not like you're deprived. You can play KH1 and KH2 anytime you like, though I know 2.5 wasn't exactly the greatest port-wise, you still have your storyless games you can play. I can see the eagerness to just play a new command menu KH2 style game in next gen (still not sure why you'd wait 10 years for that, but ok)

For the people who do care about story and the plot continuing... the plot never stopped continuing. BbS, Coded, and DDD have all moved the plot forward. Days the only one that I can think of that is strictly set in a certain time period and only developed some characters rather than actively move the plot or introduce anything new really (other than Xion, and fleshing out the clone scenario that might just matter in the near future) Why have you been 'waiting for 10 years' when the plot hasn't stopped moving for more than a few years?

What have you been waiting for exactly? I just don't get it. Did you want another situation like KH2 where Nomura crams a crap ton of stuff into the game that was so all over the place, even the side games didn't manage to explain it all that well at times? If you really care about the story and the plot moving forward, your '10 years of waiting' is just... well, doesn't make sense. I am happy that DDD and BbS exist, even if they weren't the best.

If there's anything to be jaded about, it's the concern that Nomura won't manage to tie up the Xehanort saga just right. Not that you had to wait for a game that hadn't been announced until 3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back