• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gameplay with Voices [[ENG]]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
i don't know, i was hearing aqua's battle "cries" with some sensitive ear phones. listening to it by just speakers alone, i can barely notice it.

but i'm still going to say your all too optimistic for those who can't hear it. i remember when i didn't like xion's voice from the first english impression and some said i was too negative, but when the game was released and everyone heard it, there were people that were agreeing to.

it sounds ok, because the bad parts aren't too noticable with speakers alone. but the way she says some spells is really noticable. specificlaly when she says "fire"

Okay headphones aren't going to make a big impact on your opinion no matter how good they are -_-

And we're not being too optimistic, YOU'RE being too critical. You're saying her dialogue sounds bad but most people don't hear it. And again, headphones wouldn't make a difference. And the fact that I HAVE a blu-ray and surround sound and I can watch youtube videos on the TV, I watched it, heard nothing wrong with it.

You keep saying her voice doesn't sound bad but you never describe why it's bad... or even when you attempt to describe it, it's still very disagreeable.

It doesn't make us too optimistic... sometimes our opinion is just different than yours -_-

Allister Rose

French Lover
Okay headphones aren't going to make a big impact on your opinion no matter how good they are -_-

And we're not being too optimistic, YOU'RE being too critical. You're saying her dialogue sounds bad but most people don't hear it. And again, headphones wouldn't make a difference. And the fact that I HAVE a blu-ray and surround sound and I can watch youtube videos on the TV, I watched it, heard nothing wrong with it.

You keep saying her voice doesn't sound bad but you never describe why it's bad... or even when you attempt to describe it, it's still very disagreeable.

It doesn't make us too optimistic... sometimes our opinion is just different than yours -_-

no, I'm going to stick with you being to optimistic, mainly simpleclean by using some happy metaphors..... or maybe you don't want to hear it so you can't psychologically. anyways i already did explain myself, don't act like i didn't.

the first few moments of the battle cries sound good, but when it ends, it sounds off.

being too critical isn't even a bad thing. as long as your honest about it. anyways she's a bit inconsistent, aqua's screams sometimes loud then soft, that's one of the problems. the only thing i did like about her saying magic spells is when she says "thunder" but "fire" was sort of lacking. but like i said before I'm already use to it so i probably won't pay too much attention next time.

anyways, if i say your too optimistic, it may not be so bad from where you stand

headphones do make an impact, but really, that's not even my biggest argument, so you can just drop that. but you really try to listen carefully.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

I know this get annoying at times but seriously, THIS. And I'm sorry but this is true.
Seriously do we have to agree with you? Maybe we just hear it differently, in a sense, of what we like/dislike. I mean haven't you thought of that. We all have our own opinions as the person I'm quoting mentioned above...but it's not like we have to agree with you. We can see what your saying but we don't have your earphones eithier....and plus we all hear it...maybe we're just hearing it differently.

Also Willa Holland's voice sounded okay to me as well but that's just my opinion on it. And I know you don't have to agree with me...but I wouldn't try to convince everybody else to "dislike it" even if we were and or weren't to agree with you.
I'm generally just glad I can hear more of her voice and also I cannot wait for E3 trailer.

You can keep being a critic all you like but seriously.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I know this get annoying at times but seriously, THIS. And I'm sorry but this is true.
Seriously do we have to agree with you? Maybe we just hear it differently, in a sense, of what we like/dislike. I mean haven't you thought of that. We all have our own opinions as the person I'm quoting mentioned above...but it's not like we have to agree with you. We can see what your saying but we don't have your earphones eithier....and plus we all hear it...maybe we're just hearing it differently.

Also Willa Holland's voice sounded okay to me as well but that's just my opinion on it. And I know you don't have to agree with me...but I wouldn't try to convince everybody else to "dislike it" even if we were and or weren't to agree with you.
I'm generally just glad I can hear more of her voice and also I cannot wait for E3 trailer.

You can keep being a critic all you like but seriously.

Thank you! This post is exactly what I needed to read.

Anyway, Alister Rose you can stick to your opinion but don't claim us to be over optimistic, it just means we have different opinions.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

QFT!!! Just because we have different opinions on Willa's performance as Aqua =/= you're right and that we're overly optimistic, Allister.

I've heard bad voice acting plenty of times, and I can say that Willa (if that's her voicing Aqua) is doing a phenomenal job for her first time voice acting. She's doing a lot better than say, Alyson Stoner did as Kairi and Xion in RE:CoM and Days (and I didn't even mind her performance too much, though there was admittedly a lot of improvement she could have done)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
the one VA that i think is the ABSOLUTE worst was Aerith.

Mena Suvari right? I'm hoping Andrea Bowen will voice Aerith if she returns in future installments. She did a great job in Crisis Core.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
If that is Hamill he certianly did as good as I expected, hell even better. And Jesse seems to be finally getting used to this VA thing with KH cuz Ven sounds really impressive...but I might go crazy listening to that chipper voice over and over again. Aqua? I'm not gonna say its bad but it sounds forced, like she took countless tries to get it down pact, but to be honest, not bad for her first VA and she's actually kind of better than usual KH VA *shivers at the thought of Aerith in KH2* but yeah. She did a decent job from what I can tell from a few grunts and battle cries but her spell shouting seemed a bit off...but nothing major, just nothing to worship her for.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I would say "Let's leave the MS hate for a hate club" but then I realized there isn't one. So, back on topic now?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
i completely agree. The voice had no emotion..

Her voice was one of those moments when you want to just strangle the crap out of Aerith...and it wasn't even her fault, damn Mena. I mean I was to the point where I started searching for ways to perform that blueskadue thing in Blues Clues and just strangle her. Anyways the VA for Aqua is better than the average VA from what I can tell but its still lacking somehow, but very impressive for her first voice role.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
i love all of their voices, it might just because i would be happy with almost anything. maybe it's not the voices but the thought that we are getting closer to a release.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I would say "Let's leave the MS hate for a hate club" but then I realized there isn't one. So, back on topic now?

There should be one.

Anyway, I would NEVER compare Aqua to Aerith. Aqua's voice actually has emotion to it despite them just being battle cries. Still, can't wait for the E3 trailer where we can actually hear dialogue as well as more voices.

Sempied

I still don't get it. What, exactly, are you comparing it to? He sounds way younger than any of Hamill's recent characters, apart from the weird battle sounds.

And I don't think there would be such a big difference between the attack sounds and the actual voice if it was Hamill. =P
Past roles. Preferably the supposed one from Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition, and the possible differentiation from his regular voice - gruffer voice in Yakuza. (Not to mention how the VA's in the press article look very close to a TAV order.)

I can assure you i'm not just looking at one video, and looking back saying "OMG IT"S REALLY HAMILL BY THAT VOICE HE USED FROM THAT ONE GAME!!!". If i'm wrong i'm wrong, "Pretty sure" still leaves itself open for a flaw of being wrong. As far as it goes I actually thought it was Steve Staley (Hitsugaya-Bleach) the first moment I heard him say "Take that!"

Lady-Lee

Awards
I love that Jesse McCartney seems to finally have gotten his voice just right. I kinda like Aqua's voice, its not horrible to say its her first VA experience, and just from the fight noises i think she may have done well enough during cutscenes. I guess ill be proven wrong or right during E3.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
your optimism is too much for me.....and i said i had sensitive ear phones. the really expensive kind, where you can hear things almost up to blu ray level (as if you were watching TV). i was able to hear alot of flaws on all the characters.

when she says "fire" it's on enthuisiastic, and when she attacks seconds before one of her battle screams end you can hear that she's holding back.

You know what the problem with expensive earbuds is? They don't do anything to improve the audio quality of the clip itself. With a poorly-compressed Youtube-quality audio clip, the only thing those earphones would add is an increased ability to hear compression artifacts. =P

And I don't understand how you can say Aqua's "holding back" if you're not criticizing Terra for the same thing. =/ He's restraining his voice so much that he sounds like a completely different person. But I guess that's not as important as something you can't hear without special earphones.

Past roles. Preferably the supposed one from Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition, and the possible differentiation from his regular voice - gruffer voice in Yakuza. (Not to mention how the VA's in the press article look very close to a TAV order.)

I can assure you i'm not just looking at one video, and looking back saying "OMG IT"S REALLY HAMILL BY THAT VOICE HE USED FROM THAT ONE GAME!!!". If i'm wrong i'm wrong, "Pretty sure" still leaves itself open for a flaw of being wrong. As far as it goes I actually thought it was Steve Staley (Hitsugaya-Bleach) the first moment I heard him say "Take that!"

How many times do I have to say this:

Mark Hamill did not voice Luke in The Force Unleashed.

And I guess that's fair. I guess I'd just prefer some kind of more direct comparison than "he's good at changing his voice, so..."

Sempied

You know what the problem with expensive earbuds is? They don't do anything to improve the audio quality of the clip itself. With a poorly-compressed Youtube-quality audio clip, the only thing those earphones would add is an increased ability to hear compression artifacts. =P

And I don't understand how you can say Aqua's "holding back" if you're not criticizing Terra for the same thing. =/ He's restraining his voice so much that he sounds like a completely different person. But I guess that's not as important as something you can't hear without special earphones.
That, and if your watching it on youtube they tend to decrease 3/4 of the original quality some video had.

You can't give fair judgement, and say that "She's bad as Aqua" from just some grunting, and one line. Wait until the E3 trailer, and then you can give fair judgement.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
How many times do I have to say this:

Mark Hamill did not voice Luke in The Force Unleashed.

And I guess that's fair. I guess I'd just prefer some kind of more direct comparison than "he's good at changing his voice, so..."

Give us a source other than Wikipedia (and one that's known to be very reliable) and I'll believe you. I don't trust wikipedia one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back