• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gameplay with Voices [[ENG]]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Sky says just putting a typical "Sarcasm"could've easily stopped that mess from happening. Not all of us are that comical to consider some thing like that a joke until it becomes transparent.

I'm sorry but it's not his fault. Do you think he thought that people weren't going to get it? He just posted it imo. If I worried that not everyone was going to get something I posted than I would never post anything at all on here. As I said, if you read her comments the joke made sense.
It was Allister's comment that was completely serious anyways.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
For the sake of being fair neither did we. As pointed out by Simple&Clean it was said to be a joke beforehand that we interpreted wrong.

No it wasn't, I made the comment before it was pointed out I just double checked. Turnitto didn't point it out until AFTER I made the comment. Trust me, if someone said it was a sarcastic quote before I typed anything, I wouldn't have made the comment.

Well anyway let's just stop about this small mistake and just get back on topic.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And that was how we all came to know that Vanitas97 and skyfoxx had no sense of humor.

*laughs ass off*

Oh man.

Well anyway let's just stop about this small mistake and just get back on topic.

It's kind of hard to talk about this, seeing as we have a few grunts and two words to go by. So all there is are people going 'they suck!! I hear it in the grunts!!' and people going 'you can't tell from grunts!!'

Personally I don't put much faith in grunt quality (did I really type that orz) and I'd rather wait for some real cutscenes. But something is pretty funny about seeing people analyse a grunt.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
*laughs ass off*

Oh man.

It's kind of hard to talk about this, seeing as we have a few grunts and two words to go by. So all there is are people going 'they suck!! I hear it in the grunts!!' and people going 'you can't tell from grunts!!'

Personally I don't put much faith in grunt quality (did I really type that orz) and I'd rather wait for some real cutscenes. But something is pretty funny about seeing people analyse a grunt.

lol I like how Allister was the serious one in the first place and poor Grass still got all the flack xD

Anyways, I already talked about all this with her about how I don't judge upon "HYAHAHHAHHHH!", "FIYAH~!" and "GGAGHSASGAHAGG!".

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
I don't know why, but I lol'd pretty damn hard when I got to the "GGAGHSASGAHAGG!". Maybe I'm just more easily amused than usual when I'm sleep deprived. Good times.

lol I always laugh really hard when I read anything capslock late at night. Actually, anything late at night seems a hell of a lot more funnier than if I had read it durning the day.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
guys i have really good ear phones, only i have the qualifications to give a true judgment of the VAs
i already know Terra will be terrible, i can hear it in his grunts

this is official, accept it

Grass, I think my admiration for you has just tripled. XD

On another note, I wonder if we'll be getting more gameplay clips before the E3 trailer...

micbeasty

idk about Aqua's voice i matched up willa's voice to aqua's and it doesn't seem to to be right

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
idk about Aqua's voice i matched up willa's voice to aqua's and it doesn't seem to to be right

What everyone keeps forgetting is that in those scenes Willa has to sound different because Aqua's in the middle of fighting. I'm sure her voice will sound much nicer in the cutscenes.

micbeasty

good point, that does make alot of sense i just don't know it just sound really different from watching the jappenesse version of it and looking at cutscenes!

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
good point, that does make alot of sense i just don't know it just sound really different from watching the jappenesse version of it and looking at cutscenes!

I really like the japanese ver too much but after listening and watch the english one, I can't get their voices out of my head. :p

Apollo

Silver Member
I like how all their voices sound in battle, they sound fierce.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Well, there is one thing you can tell from grunts - whether or not the actor knows how to do attack noises. XD We can judge the quality of the battle voices at this point, because there's not a lot of recording they did for that which we haven't heard yet.

There's a couple of other things you can pick up, too - like the fact that Terra's VA sounds an awful lot like he was attempting to copy the Japanese VA's attack sounds directly instead of finding ones that fit his own voice better. (Compare [ENG] and [JP], especially the first combo)

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, there is one thing you can tell from grunts - whether or not the actor knows how to do attack noises. XD We can judge the quality of the battle voices at this point, because there's not a lot of recording they did for that which we haven't heard yet.

There's a couple of other things you can pick up, too - like the fact that Terra's VA sounds an awful lot like he was attempting to copy the Japanese VA's attack sounds directly instead of finding ones that fit his own voice better. (Compare [ENG] and [JP], especially the first combo)

Are the urls meant to link somewhere? :D?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...whoops. xD They're fixed now.

Hnnn... I think there are just so many ways to grunt, yanno? As long as it's not jarring when you actually play (and there's a difference between hearing it as you play and sitting there listening carefully to analyse it) then it should be fine ;D
Dialogue delivery > grunts in my scale of importance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back