• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gameplay with Voices [[ENG]]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
didn't find someone find this yesterday on the official bbs site update?

Yeah, this video was already posted yesterday in the thread regarding the site update, but it's not like it matters at this point.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Only guy without a confirmed character? What about characters without confirmed VAs? Who's Eraqus' VA? I guess this might be the case, but I still think he would do a better job as Eraqus.

Well I mean the only other actor who may have a second role is James Woods... we already know he's Hades but he's probably playing someone else too if he's in the main cast. Obviously is Mark Hamill because we all know James Woods will not be Terra and if it was Bale playing as Terra then they would've put him in the main cast. There's no way the cast would've listed Aqua and Ventus without listing Terra.

Yeah, I'd say Hamill is Terra.

Allister Rose

French Lover
1'm not loving aqua's voice 100%. it sounds a bit too controlled.

Last edited:

Soren

Awards
Wow, I'm impressed. I knew that Ven's voice would probably suit him, since all they had to do was use Roxas's VA, but I never expected that voices for Terra and Aqua to be that good. To be honest, I'm having a hard time believing that "The Clown Prince of Crime" is gonna be a Keyblade Hero, but he was a farm boy who saved a galaxy far, far away, so...

Still, if it is Hamill, then I'm looking forward to this game even more than before. Can you imagine playing as a buffed up Luke with a giant Keyblade? That would be awesome! =D

Allister Rose

French Lover
ehh...aqua's VA is satisfactory, but i'm not impressed.

sorry if i'm such a downer. i knew they would have terra a good VA so, i'm glad it was kept closes to the japanese version, but aqua....the voice is good, i'm just hoping the acting is better than the gameplay VA

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
lol. i know i often confuse characters at time. i meant aqua....don't know how i confused the two..oh wait i remember...someone said aqua sounded like female sora

LOL That was me. It was my first reaction to hearing her shout the various spells. Another part of it is how some compare similarities between Aqua and Sora, so... yeah, fail on my part. XD

But listening to her now, I go back on that statement. Aqua sounds like Aqua. XD *Hard to explain*

Personally, I love Willa's voice. She's perfect as Aqua. :D

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
ehh...aqua's VA is satisfactory, but i'm not impressed.

sorry if i'm such a downer. i knew they would have terra a good VA so, i'm glad it was kept closes to the japanese version, but aqua....the voice is good, i'm just hoping the acting is better than the gameplay VA
Word. Her battle cries come off entirely unnatural, noticeably forced, and then her voice is just so ordinary on top it. I was really hoping for something with a little more character. :C

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Im barred by the fact that he's 30 years older.........old enough to voice Fire Lord Ozai....which he did.

And with Terra sounding his age, Im 19 and I still sound younger. It's common in hollywood to cast people who are older than the roles they play. I mean, just look at the average HS freshman and compare to HS on tv.

I myself am a fan of Mark Hamill, he has a great range for being a VA...he is one of the best one's I've heard.
I was just saying his "grunts" sounded deeper than him saying "Take That"...because when I heard him say that, I instantly thought of Luke Skywalker.

I just can't wait for a trailer in which we will hear everybody talking...and isn't solely gameplay.
I like the gameplay, so I can see what the moves are called.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I don't get why people are saying Aqua is unlike they expected her to sound. I think she sounds perfect. I never had a time where a voice actor actually portrays the exact voice I imagined the character to have until now. The voice fits her so well and that was the voice I imagined her to have the moment I heard what the Japanese one was. I really think it's good, I don't have a single problem with it.

And heck, I'm impressed with Mark Hamill (not confirmed but to me it's just flat-out obvious now) as Terra. He sounded a little better than I thought he would and some of his battle grunts actually sound a bit like the Japanese ones. I think it'll be great.

Even McCartney did better than I thought he would. He actually sounds like he has emotion (as Roxas, he just sounds emo... but it's obvious why) but the one thing I'm worried about is hearing him constantly say "C'mon! Bring it!"

And I'm confident with Nimoy as Xehanort. I'm actually glad he doesn't sound like the stereotypical Darth Sidious.

I'm perfectly happy with the cast so far.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't get why people are saying Aqua is unlike they expected her to sound. I think she sounds perfect. I never had a time where a voice actor actually portrays the exact voice I imagined the character to have until now. The voice fits her so well and that was the voice I imagined her to have the moment I heard what the Japanese one was. I really think it's good, I don't have a single problem with it.

And heck, I'm impressed with Mark Hamill (not confirmed but to me it's just flat-out obvious now) as Terra. He sounded a little better than I thought he would and some of his battle grunts actually sound a bit like the Japanese ones. I think it'll be great.

Even McCartney did better than I thought he would. He actually sounds like he has emotion (as Roxas, he just sounds emo... but it's obvious why) but the one thing I'm worried about is hearing him constantly say "C'mon! Bring it!"

And I'm confident with Nimoy as Xehanort. I'm actually glad he doesn't sound like the stereotypical Darth Sidious.

I'm perfectly happy with the cast so far.

It's a lot worse at another forum my friend's part of. From what she's told me, people there are criticizing like no tomorrow, saying things like Ven doesn't even sound like Jesse, Terra sounds too young, Aqua sounding mediocore, etc. I mean, all we've heard are battle cries; it's not exactly enough to just jump to conclusions and announce your hatred or proclaim to the world that your fandub sounds significantly superior to professional VAs, is it?

CGNET

WIN!
And the crowd goes wild 8D

this is so awesome-(TERRA!!OMGWTFBBQW00TX8D)
im loving aqua so far. i have to say that CGNET did a good job casting fandubbers, cuz the actual voice actoress and the fandubber (i cant remember her name...) sound a lot a like ^^
and, hee-ven <3

(im most definetly playing terra first now 8D)

Thanks again.
I'm glad you like that fandub. As soon as we hear it's first trailer, we are looking to continue the production and I may be casting members again.

Allister Rose

French Lover
It's a lot worse at another forum my friend's part of. From what she's told me, people there are criticizing like no tomorrow, saying things like Ven doesn't even sound like Jesse, Terra sounds too young, Aqua sounding mediocore, etc. I mean, all we've heard are battle cries; it's not exactly enough to just jump to conclusions and announce your hatred or proclaim to the world that your fandub sounds significantly superior to professional VAs, is it?
i'm kind of glad they are being the criticizing type when it comes to this kind of stuff. though Terra sounds pretty close to the original, and sounding young does suit him due to some scenes of him actually acting a bit younger than he appears and Ven doesn't sound like jesse? lol.

but i think they are right on the money with aqua. people are just too positive about her VA. Right now, i only hate her battle cries because instead of sounding like she's attacking, it sounds like she's attacking while being in pain, or hitting menopause.

YUPPP

I don't how everyone is saying Terra sounds like Luke after hearing a couple grunts and a ''Take That''. Because he sounds nothing like Luke. Not denying it isn't Hamill but I don't hear Luke at all.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I'm very happy Jesse is reprising the role of Ven, yayyyyyy Jesse!
And of course, loving Willa Holland's voice! 8D

Allister Rose

French Lover
ehh...your all too optimistic. or probably not the best critics. hey sign, whats the forum you said your friend was in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back