• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - July 11th 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Return to Ivalice in Final Fantasy XII -The Zodiac Age-

FINAL FANTASY XII <3

Gosh I've been holding off on replaying it for a long time now and I'm glad I waited.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

The only way I've ever experienced XII was in the form of a disc-based demo that was included with my copy of Dragon Quest VIII. I'm definitely interested in this, though.

Cactuar

Holy shit. It's all just hitting me now.

I wasn't affected when I heard the XII HD news, since I was out at the store getting dinner and had to write up the article and shit while my dinner was getting cold. But now they've released trailers for Yooka-Laylee and Horizon Zero Dawn and there's the new Volition game and a lot has happened over the last 6 hours and omfg

I noticed that they released those trailers as well! I'm sort of surprised that they didn't leave it until the Sony conference next week, but I guess maybe it will also generate some more hype for their appearances at E3.

Omg I'm so happy I still have my FFXII guide though. I've been thinking about replaying it recently so I'm happy I waited. So excited to play this game again.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

My guess is that there will be new trailers for both XV and VII-R during the Sony conference and they don't want to avoid oversaturation. I expect this release to be a bigger deal on Gamescom and TGS.

I actually never play XII. As far as I'm concerned, it's ATB system is kind of real time, and that's about it. I hope it's good though, can't wait to pick it up.

ATB was always a compromise between turn-based and real time. The battle system in this game is literally ATB with the ability to move your characters around during the charge time.

FINAL FANTASY XII <3

Gosh I've been holding off on replaying it for a long time now and I'm glad I waited.

Me too! It's such a good game though. It's aged like fine wine. It's easier to appreciate it now as an adult than it was back then as a teen. It's main issue always was its pacing. The game is basically encouraging you to grind, loot dungeons and do fetch quests for hours between each major story development. It's so easy to lose track of what's going on in the plot. I watched a cutscene movie version a few years ago on YouTube and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it when told like that. One of my favourites in the series, even.

This game was absolutely ahead of its time. The original release doesn't look or feel a bit dated today, a decade later. Can't wait to beat it again.

The source material has aged very well indeed, but the PS2 version looks like rubbish on a HDTV. 480i in NTSC or 576i (at 50 Hz) in the PAL versions.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

I am about this.

Still have the steelbook from the original release.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Re: Final Fantasy XII - "Elizabethean Star Wars NFL"

I was never able to get around to this on the PS2, but I wonder if you'll be able to choose which style of game play you want - the traditional or zodiac. The title would suggest that they've just retained the latest Japanese exclusive version for this re-release, but it would still be an interesting touch to be able to choose. Unless IZJS has just been proven to be vastly superior.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Wasn't E3 next week?? In any case, glad I held off playing this, after tracking down a PS2 steelbook copy it's just been sitting there, but the rumors of the remaster made me reconsider. Glad that turned out to be the case, I can't wait =3

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Finally! I actually never finished the original and I too was sitting on replaying it because I just knew this was coming out. So I'm glad its finally announced ha.

Hahaha that was my first thought exactly.

Same haha.

Sdog

Awards

This'll finally be my chance to sit down and play it! Sure there are other means but with trophies incentivizing me I should be more inclined. =p

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

This announcement basically saved my overall bad day.
I FUCKING LOVE FF XII!

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

The only thing i wish they added were alternate outfits,like Basch's judge outfit.

halfmango

Awards

Madness. Absolute madness! As if I didn't have enough money, now I gotta spend more!

I hope they have some new contents. As in actual new contents combat wise or story wise other than remastered soundtrack and stuff.
I know it's farfetched, but it would be incredible if they added revenant wings' story to it as a post-game thing or side quest.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Madness. Absolute madness! As if I didn't have enough money, now I gotta spend more!

I hope they have some new contents. As in actual new contents combat wise or story wise other than remastered soundtrack and stuff.
I know it's farfetched, but it would be incredible if they added revenant wings' story to it as a post-game thing or side quest.

Llyud in HD graphics? Yes please!!

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

like how FFIV: The After Years was remade in the style of FFIVDS? honestly, the most probable way SQEX would do that would be telling the story via a series of attached cutscenes, like the DS games in the Kingdom Hearts HD collections

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I would prefer a (physical) Vita + additional smartphone port with redrawn sprites.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

No Revenant Wings?:(

I guess I should've always known that that wouldn't happen--as the game wasn't exactly very well received, among other things--but I could never stop hoping that a RW theater would be a feature in a possible FFXII remaster, anyway. Especially since most people seem to frown upon HD remasters with only one game in them.

Just a tad bit disappointed here. I'm a freak who liked Revenant Wings even more than XII (though that might change when I can experience the story again and actually make sense of it now), so I would've been psyched to see that re-realized in some way but I'll be psyched to finally play the Zodiac Job System in just a moment. Just give me a minute:)

This is really cool, though, and I'm glad it's finally happening because it's been hinted at for so long now. Haha.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

It felt as though the Fran Play Arts Kai was a confirmation heralding this, but who didn't expect X/X-2 HD to sell well honestly?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It felt as though the Fran Play Arts Kai was a confirmation heralding this, but who didn't expect X/X-2 HD to sell well honestly?
It felt as though Arnie Roth confirming it, the HD screenshots in the Prima guide, and the many many hints over the last few years were a confirmation of this

Back