• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - July 11th 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Re: Return to Ivalice in Final Fantasy XII -The Zodiac Age-

Gabranth looks absolutely GORGEOUS :QQQQQQQQQQQ

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Well, Ashe is a bitch. But I think that's part of what makes her such an interesting character. I love Yuna, but let's face it - you can only stomach so many Mary Sues. Ashe has many unlikeable traits but it's also clear that she is ultimately a good person.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, Ashe is no more of a bitch than everyone's beloved Lightning.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I like Ashe, Yuna, and Lightning lol. I think I just find Penelo and Vaan boring and just like an attempt to bring normal characters into this bigger, political story. Which I mean, they served that purpose but it made them less interesting lol.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I actually like Vaan. I think many people dismiss him mostly because of his ridiculous Aladdin clothes. His sky pirate outfit from FFTA2 is much better. But as a character, he is much more likeable than Terra, Cloud and Squall. Penelo on the other hand might just be the most meaningless character in any Final Fantasy game ever. She is literally the Princess Peach of the FF universe lol.

Max

Staff member
Awards

I actually like Vaan. I think many people dismiss him mostly because of his ridiculous Aladdin clothes. His sky pirate outfit from FFTA2 is much better. But as a character, he is much more likeable than Terra, Cloud and Squall. Penelo on the other hand might just be the most meaningless character in any Final Fantasy game ever. She is literally the Princess Peach of the FF universe lol.

Vaan just likes to pretend he's the main character. He got to shine in Revenant Wings though. And I agree, his Tactics outfit was leagues better.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Its not so much his clothes but his disturbing anti-abs that make me not like looking at him lol. When he puts on a shirt he does look infinitely better lol. I only used that one in Dissidia 012.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

I never got to play this game, and don't have a PS4. If I get one should I try it out. I loved X, X-2, IX, VI, and VII so what's the good and bad on 12?

Rael_Oblivion

I actually like Vaan. I think many people dismiss him mostly because of his ridiculous Aladdin clothes.
Glad I'm not the only one who likes Vaan! Never really understood why people hate him so much. I know what everyone says, but it's never really struck me as a good enough reason to hate him.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I never got to play this game, and don't have a PS4. If I get one should I try it out. I loved X, X-2, IX, VI, and VII so what's the good and bad on 12?
Well lucky for you Final Fantasy's VII, X, X-2, XII and the XIII series (via PSNow) are available on PS4 and soon Final Fantasy XV and World of Final Fantasy as well! It's a great time to jump in.

Every praises Final Fantasy's translation which is certainly it's strongest point. The voice acting is the best in the entire series, and the audio has now been fixed and no longer sounds extremely compressed and crap which is great. This edition features the Zodiac upgrade which means each character gets assigned to a certain class (such as Vaan as Monk and stuff like that) so each character has their advantages.

There's a lot of world building presented in the game with lavish cities full of NPC's. There's also a variety of Hunts you can par take in for hefty rewards. Think of all this as an offline MMO.

Finally the gambit system combines the old ATB with the new real time gameplay. Monsters are seen in the field and gameplay takes place without a loading screen. You can choose actions for the other characters via the gambits and they will respond accordingly (e.g. You can set is so if health drops below 30%, Vaan will auto use a potion).

Rael_Oblivion

So has anyone played the Zodiac version? If so, what jobs did you assign each character?

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

Well lucky for you Final Fantasy's VII, X, X-2, XII and the XIII series (via PSNow) are available on PS4 and soon Final Fantasy XV and World of Final Fantasy as well! It's a great time to jump in.

Every praises Final Fantasy's translation which is certainly it's strongest point. The voice acting is the best in the entire series, and the audio has now been fixed and no longer sounds extremely compressed and crap which is great. This edition features the Zodiac upgrade which means each character gets assigned to a certain class (such as Vaan as Monk and stuff like that) so each character has their advantages.

There's a lot of world building presented in the game with lavish cities full of NPC's. There's also a variety of Hunts you can par take in for hefty rewards. Think of all this as an offline MMO.

Finally the gambit system combines the old ATB with the new real time gameplay. Monsters are seen in the field and gameplay takes place without a loading screen. You can choose actions for the other characters via the gambits and they will respond accordingly (e.g. You can set is so if health drops below 30%, Vaan will auto use a potion).

So what classes do you think work for the six party members?

Max

Staff member
Awards

Wait, so you actually get to assign jobs, or does each character just have one?

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

You assign them. So you can make anyone any job you desire when you get them, essentially.

Max

Staff member
Awards

Are there only 6 jobs then, or depending on your choices are you stuck without certain classes the whole game?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Are there only 6 jobs then, or depending on your choices are you stuck without certain classes the whole game?

There are 12 jobs, so there are six you will never get to use so you must choose wisely.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Jobs DO overlap though, so it's not like you "lose" 12 complete license boards.
For example, an Archer can learn Cura and Raise, as can (obviously) the White Mage.

Back