• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy X-3: Peace Always Comes With A Price

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
@ Rikku, No..........................

@ Darkfyre, yes................

@ tiamod and bonechill, I had no idea she left either o_O

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Template
Peace my ass!

Name:
Meriox "Riox" Cooja

Appearance:
This

For the most part, Riox can be considered an average warrior with a really big sword. The only thing about that though, is that his clothes don't hide anything from view. For those that have large, heavy weapons it is normally expected to have the muscles to wield it. This is not the case for Riox because his build is quite average and limber. He does not have any excess muscles to get in his way and appears to be built more for speed than power. This is only countered with his height of six feet seeing as how some of the fastest people are also significantly shorter than those that focus on strength.

If one manages to see into the pale blue eyes of the man, it is known that there appears to be no soul or spirit. It's unclear as to why this is so, but people all agree that there have been terrible things in his past. This is reinforced with the fact that his face tends to take on a sorrowful expression except on the rare occasions when he smiles with joy, but the eyes never change. Of course, this is only if the person manages to see the eyes of the man through the thick brown hair that seems to partiall laze about his head and obscures his eyes and even ears from the rest of the world.

His clothes are rather loose fitting to his frame and often times gives off the illusion that he is built more than he actually is. This is partly due to the plate armor that he wears under the black shirt with sleves that extend all the way down to his wrists. This shirt is always tucked into the loose fitting pants lightly brown in color on held to his frame by a black belt. On the left thigh of the pants is a large pouch that seems to always clink when he moves rapidly due to the number of Potions and Ethers that he always keeps on him. Other than that, he wears a type of vest matching the color of his pants and a pair of black boots on his feet. His sword is always noticable because he always keeps it strapped to his back with dirty, white bandages.

Birthplace:
Djose

Alignment:
Bad

Personality:
Depending on the conversation, Riox can be quite enjoyable to have around. If the subject is kept away from anything having to deal with Aeons or Temples, he's willing to get along with just about anyone. But should the subject come up he will be the first to draw his blade on the person responsible, even if that person should be a close friend. He hates the Temples almost as much as he hates the Crusaders due to actions that happened ten years ago at the Djose Temple. Because of this he will go out of his way to strike down anyone calling themselves a Crusader and will not hold back even against a child being raised at one of the many Temples.

Other than that, he prefers to take things in stride and will tackle problems as he gets to them. He never makes serious complaints about his actions and is willing to accept the consequences. There are exceptions to this, as there are with everything, and will either fight or run should his life be asked for as payment. At that point he will normally just increase his debt by taking yet another life. In this regard he is considered cold and heartless, but he actually cares for those that he gets close to. In which case he will normally fight to defend that person with his life.

Weapons/Armour:

Weapon:
Breaking Blade
It's just as tall as he is.

Armor:
Light Plate
Only the plates are made out of ceramic tiles and they're really thin so it's kinda hard to make out the armor through his clothes.

Magic/Abilities:

Magic:
Cura
Fira
Blizzara
Thundara
Watera

Abilities:
One-handed Style: Despite the size of his sword, Rioz has trained himself to the point that he can wield the massive blade as if it were a simple longsword. While this does decrease the power that he is able to deliver, it increases his speed with the blade so that he may deal with flying foes.

Two-handed Style: This is the default style for a sword of this size. Because he uses both hands he loses some of his speed with the weapons only to gain the same amount of power. It's also notable that in this stance he tends to lose defensive capabilities. This style is primarily meant for the enemies with hard shells or some type of protective layer.

Overdrive:

Ethereal Slash: He will envelope himself in a bright light that slowly lifts him off the ground. The large amount of energy creates a wind that is normally enough to push others away from him as he gathers the energy needed. The light will often times create the illusion that he himself grows wings on his back before moving to his sword. At that point he hovers in the air with his sword glowing brightly just before he points it towards the ground and drops. The sword aims to imbed itself into whatever surface he is standing on and expell the energy to send out three shockwaves of explosions coupled with debris from what he stands on.

Biography:
He can't remember the faces of his parents because he was raised from a very young age at the Djose Temple in order to become either a Summoner or a Priest. When it was found that he did not have the talent to become a Summoner his training focused mostly on learning spells to aid others and to help protect those that cannot be harmed by physical means. For the first thirteen years this was the case until the day of Operation Mi'ihen. As everyone knows, that is the day that the Crusaders, with the blessings of Yevon, teamed up with the Al Bhed to try and take out Sin. While he agreed with the concept of the two races teaming up to take out a common enemy, he did not agree with the method that they used.

He sided with Yevon when the joint opperation was a failure leading to the death of many warriors and the excommunication of the Crusaders. He did not, however, side with the temples when they decided to aid those that were injured. Despite his protests the priests told him to tend to the wounded and deliver food and water. At first he simply swallowed his pride after giving a warning that the temples will regret that choice before going to aid the survivors. It was actually while Lady Yuna herself was praying inside of the temple that Riox came across one of the Crusaders that was to be his last. He helped to calm the man down before tending to the wounds and made the mistake of dropping a toy given to him by one of the other children at the temple. The man saw the snake shaped toy and suddenly recalled the recent battle against Sin.

The man tried to attack the boy thinking that he was one of the Sin Spawn, but Riox was too fast for the injured soldier. He quickly jumped from the reach of the man only to act on instinct and conjure a Thundara spell. The man quickly fell to the attack and was reduced to a smoldering corpse. Normally a boy would be too scared to do anything, but Riox was filled with rage. He stormed through the temple until he found the Head Priest and told him about what happened and that he warned the Temple not to aid the Crusaders. The priest kept a calm air about him by saying that it was in the Teachings of Yevon to aid those in need, but Riox countered with the fact that it was also against the teachings to use any of the Forbidden Machina. For several minutes the two argued about this until finally the man snapped and struck the child as punishment.

Riox was in shock and quickly left the temple to hide out somewhere near the temple. It was around there that he found a single warrior camping out after hearing the story of the Crusaders. Seeing as how the boy was tired and hungry, he went to the man and asked if he could share the camp site. The man could tell that the boy must have been through a lot and let the boy rest. It was during that night that Riox found out that the man was once a Crusader but left the instant that he learned about how the Crusaders were going to use the Forbidden Machina to combat Sin. All of a sudden, Riox started to like this man. This like quickly grew in power as Riox discovered that the man harbered not ill feelings towards the Al Bhed themselves only because he knew that they did not follow Yevon so were not bound by the restrictions on Machina because they would soon be wiped away by Sin. Granted there were the few that would not be killed because they followed the Teachings of Yevon.

From that night on the boy followed the man wherever he went and ended up learning how to wield a sword on their travels. This was all to change one day when the two came across Djose Temple again. There man of the Crusaders gave up the sword to become Priests. Riox knew what he must do in order to truly revive Yevon and departed with the man he had been travelling with for several years. Riox waited until the figure of the man could no longer be seen and began his attack. That is the first day that he truly destroyed a human life out of spite in hopes that the news of the destruction of the Djose Temple would bring about a reform for the relgion. But to his dismay, the New Yevon did not follow the way that he envisioned Yevon to truly be so Riox made it his mission to purge the world of all traces of Yevon and rebuild it into what he believes it truly is.

Theme/Battle Song:

Theme Song
Little Fugue in G minor - Bach

Battle Theme
Reise Reise - Rammstein

Overdrive Theme
Lacrimossa - Mozart

Last edited:

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com
Yeah Eva's taking an extended hiatus. She probably won't be back anytime soon.

I'm still in, Arcade and his gang must continue the run amok.

So what are we going to do about the summoner spot?

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
Here are some possibilities I thought of, regarding the summoner:

1. We keep Lucille, and Chris keeps general control of her (Gives Eva the opportunity to continue RPing as her if she happens to return)

2. We temporarily replace Lucille (and give a decent excuse as to why) with a new summoner/new RPer (or a current RPer) (Eva can return)

3. My character (Crystella) is technically a summoner, it could be possible if I edited a few posts...then again...that much trust and power given to her may not be the best idea :/ (Eva can return)

4. Kill her off :/ Then replace. (Couldn't return, hopefully this one can be avoided)

5. Disappearance (whether it be physically or from the plot all together). Then replace. (Eva can return)

As for replacements. We have the perfect opportunity to acquire Dona. Other then that, I'd guess someone would make a new character that is currently in Kilika.

Last edited:

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
Hmm, we could have her kidnapped and Crystella can be her replacement in the mean time. Adds a bit more flavuh to the storyline if you ask me. And with Darkfyre on board...maybe Meriox would like to be her kidnapper? I'll just roleplay as her up to that part.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
That sounds like a great idea imo, nothing like counting on a slight psychopath teetering between good & evil. :p

Darkfyre, you up to the kidnapping? If you are not up to speed on the RP, I have a short summary on page 7, I believe. Post #273.

Also, everyone has been officially notified of the RP's return.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Yup, I'm up for it.

I read that summary on pg. 19 and I gotta say, I was not expecting her to be the new Sin.

EDIT: Post is up. I just went by what I read in the summary and a couple back posts. Just tell me if I need to change anything.

Last edited:

Zeph

imp of the perverse
I would love to still be in this roleplay, but I've had some major incidents happen rendering me without internet.

It hopefully won't be too long before I get back up and running, but at the moment, I have no idea.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
Aww, hope you get it fixed soon!

Will (or rather, should) have a post up soon.

On a semi-unrelated note:

Chris, after re-reading the first few pages of this thread, I just realized you never approved my template and I kinda just started posting o_O

......*Feels like a ninja*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back