• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - Coming First on PS4

I really enjoyed LR's combat, but in VII I would like to be able to perform more than four moves. I kind of feel like XIII-2's battle system might be more suitable. Ideally I'd prefer for it to be like XV, but we all know how that turned out.

You would be able to switch freely between all of your party members though! This would mean that everyone would have a unique materia set-up. Switch to Aerith for Cure, Barrier etc. You would be able to change your materia set-ups in between battles. If need be, maybe you could have several set-ups per character, like holding down the L1 button would change the buttons to an alternative configuration.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I was really surprised of this announcement. This really made E3 special. At least I'm hoping that they could fit the game in three different discs. That'd be really awesome and can't wait to be able to ride the Highwind in 1080p and seeing Aerith die again...is going to suck :(. I knew that this "Remake" was going to entirely change some aspects of the game but whatever I'll buy it anyway.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

most anticipated:

1. mr. dolphin
2. hell house

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com

xBmDLJX.png

This needs to happen in the Remake!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Yes! I literally laughed out loud the first time I saw that scene!

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

So I just started my first play through of FFVII on PC recently so I'm glad I'm finally playing it before the remake comes out. So far I quite enjoy it. The graphics have not aged well AT ALL though. Also, the translation/localisation is pretty...crap. Like if any Final Fantasy needed a remake it would be this one. I still find it enjoyable despite its flaws though.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

But don't you find the pre-rendered backgrounds really nice to look at? It's mostly the polygon models that look bad. The backgrounds mostly suffer from low resolution rather than dated design, imo. Also, surely you must love the soundtrack? :D

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Here's a question:

Should Aerith's death be ommited from the Re Make

Why I ask, well we know her death was one of the most knownable video game deaths and we know there are those kinds of people who still hold grudges or freaks out when thier favorite characters are killed, but should Aerith not die this time?

Personally and I am being serious, those people need to chillax, characters die, no matter if you like them or not. There are worse fates than death.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

There's no way they'll remove that.

However I wouldn't mind if the remake changes up the order of some events to help make itself feel fresh and keep us on our toes.

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Sorry, but it's not even up for debate. She's clearly dead in Advent Children. As is Zack. Remakes don't usually remove important parts of the plot.

I can however see Cissnei as an optional character. That would be awesome.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I'm hopping on the "Cissnei as optional party member" because she is still one of my favorite characters from this franchise within a franchise.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

We also still need to find out what her real name is!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

We also still need to find out what her real name is!

My thoughts exactly! That was never clarified. D: By the way, seeing as how SE are planning on releasing a KH game on mobile (Unchained chi), do you think they might remake Before Crisis, too? They can do it for mobile or 3DS.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Can you guys imagine remaking Final Fantasy VIII and how will that intro look in modern day graphics? As for Final Fantasy 7, I hope there's still an overworld. Imagine walking to the cave to get to Junon but the giant Snake on shallow waters.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards

The Gold Saucer better be goddamn beautiful.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Imagine seeing Cid for the first time :) "Shera! Go get me that damn coffee! #&$@*!!"

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

After reading through all the comments here and the interview about remaking a classic it seams there's actually a chance it might be action based like the Versus XIII we never got. Man I hope that's the case, playing FF VII is what inspired me to dream about a game like Versus where you can switch characters at the go and everyone play completely different from each other.
I don't believe it until I see it though, they could just do something like FF XIII did instead but damn I hope it's a really cool action game with Cloud being a slow fighter, Yuffi can jump on walls, Vincent play like an improved Dirge of Cerberus and Barret is a fps (or over the shoulder), that would be so diddlying awesome just to see the variation.

I also hope they add some Crisis Core Easter eggs and maybe have Genesis as a secret boss.
People didn't like him? I thought he was awesome and I just adore the Loveless stuff, love that poem :)
He's my second favorite character in the VII universe second to Sephiroth lol

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Reasons not to like Genesis:
1) Retcon. This is probably the biggest offender. Crisis Core added new plot where none was needed and it did not feel organic.
2) He is literally Gackt.
3) His obsessions with the Loveless poem is ridiculous. It makes him very one-dimensional.

As for the overworld, I think people have very unrealistic expectations. A full worldmap in proper scale, which is what they're aiming for in XV, is not the equivalent of a worldmap in any of the classic games. Those were glorified hubs with generic graphics and did not leave much room for any exploration. If you make it 1:1 scale, you can literally search for items behind trees and such and it requires a lot more detail. I'm hoping they basically copy the same map from the game, with miniature towns and all, but make it look good. Proportions shouldn't matter. A realistic scale would be too big and you would also feel like there's a lot of space between each town (I'm pretty sure that it is to be assumed that there are more towns on all continents in the game, just that none of them are important to the journey you're on).

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I've never heard of Gackt before, had to look it up so maybe that's one of the reason I liked him but for the world map I hope and think they make it like FF XV more or less so they'll the entire world much smaller then in the original game but much more filled with content and that way they can keep everything from the original but make it on a much smaller scale.
I know that's just what you said but I wanted to say it too lol :)

Back