• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Kaijuguy19

Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - Coming First on PS4

I wonder if they'll take the time to improve on the flaws of the writing for the game? I've heard that the game's story hasn't aged well at all so I wonder if they'll take that to account and improve on the story while still keeping a lot what makes FF7 what it is?

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
there would be massive disappointment from a LOT of fans if they made this arpg. i know i'm in the minority here (this being a KH forum and all) but i will only feel betrayed if they made it arpg.

I wonder if they'll take the time to improve on the flaws of the writing for the game? I've heard that the game's story hasn't aged well at all so I wonder if they'll take that to account and improve on the story while still keeping a lot what makes FF7 what it is?

where the diddly did you hear that!? hahah

seriously though, this is probably the most silly comment i've ever read. a story is either good or bad, no matter when it was released. i suppose hamlet's really not all that good after all? haha

Last edited by a moderator:

WanPisu

Awards

There will be disappointment from a lot of fans no matter what you do. As long as the core story and world is there, it'll be worth a shot.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

seriously though, this is probably the most silly comment i've ever read. a story is either good or bad, no matter when it was released. i suppose hamlet's really not all that good after all? haha
Not so much about it not aging well, but it seems they'll be changing stuff (such as newer technology in the game) which the script will reflect.
Nomura said:
You've called it a remake, but what's going to change? Will the story change?

TN: Hah! Well, that's something that literally... [He gestures to his open laptop].

Nomura said:
Is there a comparable remake in gaming, movies?

TN: If I say anything, then that could reveal too much. If I say, "It's a bit like this," you'll suddenly think: "Ah well, then that's going to turn out just like that." In the trailer, at the end, I try to reference that: "The reunion at hand may bring joy, but it may bring fear. But let us embrace whatever it brings."

People will wonder how far the game will change and exactly what is going to change. Sure, at first there's the joy that the game's returning, but then the concern that what you liked in the original may change or disappear completely. People have different demands. But if we take everything literally the same, we're turning into the HD port again.

'Final Fantasy VII': The challenge of remaking a classic

Kaijuguy19

I haven't really played the game so I don't have an idea about what the entire story is about though I do have a good idea what it's about and the characters. It's just from some videos I've seen some people have talked about how it's overrated,how it's actually terrible etc. I know that they're just opinions in the end but all the same I do wonder if the team behind the remake would take some complaints to account and see if there any flaws in the story that need to be improved upon.

There will be disappointment from a lot of fans no matter what you do. As long as the core story and world is there, it'll be worth a shot.

That's certainly true. You're never going to please everyone in the end even if the changes and what you do are indeed for the better.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

i don't believe they'll be changing the story as such, just filling in the gaps they created when they introduced prequels/sequels.

I haven't really played the game

I've seen some people have talked about how it's overrated,how it's actually terrible etc.

just so happens, i tend to see this a lot on the internet.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Like I said earlier, calling something overrated is basically just revealing that you're annoyed that people like something more than you do.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I don't find FFVII to be overrated, but I find it incredibly annoying when there's the fans who think "FF died after VII" and such. Granted, these fans exist for nearly every FF game (I've seen fans like this for VI, X and XII, and suddenly XIII now as well), but it seems like the VII group is typically the most vocal.

That being said, everybody knows FFVII is a cashcow for SE, so while I'm partially annoyed VII is being remade before II-VI get proper remakes, I understand why they did it and am very for it, and I'm glad that people who love it are going to be able to reexperience a prettier, new gameplay version.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Huh? I, II, III and IV received proper remakes. I & II were remade in 2D, III & IV were remade in 3D (and the latter also in 2D).

Lonbilly

Awards

Huh? I, II, III and IV received proper remakes. I & II were remade in 2D, III & IV were remade in 3D (and the latter also in 2D).

Those were remakes, yes, but I mean in the same vein that FFVII is getting a facelift. I'd love to play a FFXIII-esque looking FFII-VI. Sorry, should have phrased that better lol.

TheOtherPromise

That being said, everybody knows FFVII is a cashcow for SE, so while I'm partially annoyed VII is being remade before II-VI get proper remakes, I understand why they did it and am very for it, and I'm glad that people who love it are going to be able to reexperience a prettier, new gameplay version.

A lot of fans (online at least) say they just want updated graphics and no changes to gameplay or story at all. These people are going to be so upset when the actual game comes out (or when the changes are announced) because there is no way that no changes are going to be made. I just hope those people are a minority or else the game might not do very well. Then SE probably won't do any more remakes like this.

Lonbilly

Awards

A lot of fans (online at least) say they just want updated graphics and no changes to gameplay or story at all. These people are going to be so upset when the actual game comes out (or when the changes are announced) because there is no way that no changes are going to be made. I just hope those people are a minority or else the game might not do very well. Then SE probably won't do any more remakes like this.

Hopefully they actually pay attention to news regarding FFVII (which they probably don't). First thing Nomura said was this one is going to be different, and that there'd be no point in releasing the exact same game, just with better graphics.

I'm hoping it's a minority as well. A couple of months back, I had a YouTube conversation (mistake number 1) with a couple of people telling them that the FFVII Remake they're asking for isn't the one they'd want, since the gameplay would be updated for the times, and the story would be updated for the Compilation, to which they told me I had no idea what I was talking about. I guess we know who was actually right. Though, while it might have been too much trouble, I still think SE should have designed two battles systems - the new (and probably better) one, and then a classic one (which probably wouldn't be that hard to make since... well, it's already there) to appease those who will complain.

The problem is, no matter what, those fans are gonna complain, be it over the gameplay, story changes, new graphics, models, the way the world looks, etc.

I have hope it'll at least do well, although I do expect it to do more than well. I'm sure all the buzz regarding it will help it sell even to those who have never touched an FF game. Maybe by the time it releases (which probably won't be until 2017), there might be a new popular current gen SE game about to come out that they can bundle the demo with to help sells further.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

I think the fact that he's essentially Gackt and his obsession with that stupid poem are even bigger problems. Crisis Core would have worked just fine if the clone experiments had only been performed on Angeal, who's basically a less grumpy version of Auron.

Touche.

Hopefully they actually pay attention to news regarding FFVII (which they probably don't). First thing Nomura said was this one is going to be different, and that there'd be no point in releasing the exact same game, just with better graphics.

I'm hoping it's a minority as well. A couple of months back, I had a YouTube conversation (mistake number 1) with a couple of people telling them that the FFVII Remake they're asking for isn't the one they'd want, since the gameplay would be updated for the times, and the story would be updated for the Compilation, to which they told me I had no idea what I was talking about. I guess we know who was actually right. Though, while it might have been too much trouble, I still think SE should have designed two battles systems - the new (and probably better) one, and then a classic one (which probably wouldn't be that hard to make since... well, it's already there) to appease those who will complain.

The problem is, no matter what, those fans are gonna complain, be it over the gameplay, story changes, new graphics, models, the way the world looks, etc.

I have hope it'll at least do well, although I do expect it to do more than well. I'm sure all the buzz regarding it will help it sell even to those who have never touched an FF game. Maybe by the time it releases (which probably won't be until 2017), there might be a new popular current gen SE game about to come out that they can bundle the demo with to help sells further.

This. Not everyone is going to be satisfied since not everyone is going to realize that change is going to be inevitable no matter how much people don't want change.

I do agree that I hope that these people are indeed the minority since there is less of a chance that these sorts of remakes won't happen. So far, III and IV are the only ones from the classic lineup that have had 3D remakes. I'd like to see Final Fantasy VI get the same treatment that this game is getting, at the very least.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex

There are unfortunately way too many purists who think the game will be "ruined" if it's not ATB or turn-based. I would love to see something similar to Lightning Returns, where you can also switch between characters and assign materia to your buttons.
I really enjoyed LR's combat, but in VII I would like to be able to perform more than four moves. I kind of feel like XIII-2's battle system might be more suitable. Ideally I'd prefer for it to be like XV, but we all know how that turned out.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg

If the story was flawed there wouldn't have been multiple spinoffs and we most certainly wouldn't be getting this remake.

I'd take what these people say with a grain of salt.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

normal_ff7emushot153.jpg

Can't wait to see how this part turns out.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg

Touche.

This. Not everyone is going to be satisfied since not everyone is going to realize that change is going to be inevitable no matter how much people don't want change.

I do agree that I hope that these people are indeed the minority since there is less of a chance that these sorts of remakes won't happen. So far, III and IV are the only ones from the classic lineup that have had 3D remakes. I'd like to see Final Fantasy VI get the same treatment that this game is getting, at the very least.

That might not be too far off.

E3 2015: FF7 Director Wants to Remake More Final Fantasy Games - IGN

"Considering that we have remakes of Final Fantasy up to IV and then we have VII — I’ve been working with Mr. [Yoshinori] Kitase since Final Fantasy V, and we’ve noticed that V and VI are missing. That bothers me," Nomura told VentureBeat. "How come we skipped over those two?"

SephirothZ

I have a feeling FFV and FFVI will be on a handheld system like III and IV... which is kind of a shame. Would love to play those with amazing graphics on a home console.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al

As usual, this is sort of a ramble lol. For about 7 or 8 years I always said that there wouldn't be a VII remake until they could use the tools & models/assets, in large part, from Advent Children and had a easy to use dev engine. The fact they basically did half of that with Type-0 HD(the in-game Class 0 models are slightly altered versions of the FMV models) made me think we might be getting closer to a VII remake. Can't find the quote, but I mentioned that in the Type-0 thread awhile back. Also, KHIII's shift to Unreal 4 gave me more reason that what I imagined would happen was.
Anyway, I bet anything that we will find out sometime between now & release that this game is running in UE4 & that a large number of the assets are re-purposed from AC. So, based on Nomura's comments, I'm going to extend that to V & VI as well. And look! They've got high quality models of Terra & Bartz thanks to the new Dissidia. I'm sure we'll get other reps from those games this time & stages/set pieces as well & I'm pretty sure that game is in UE4 too. So, here's a fun question. The Midgar arena from Dissidia Arcade...is it from the remake in some way?

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

LOL I remember back a year or so ago where rumors of a PS4 FF6 remake was on the works AND that it was gonna be a PS4 launch title!! �� Speaking of which, if FFs 5 & 6 were to be remade, for them to return with their traditional ATB gameplay they would have to be remade on the 3DS, seeing as how the Vita is gonna bite the dust soon, and console RPGs are walking towards the Action RPG grounds.

Back