• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy: Sin

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
It was snowing heavily outside. The towering mountains around us were clothed in a thick coat of a freezing white under the dark, moonless sky. The wind was starting to howl with speed, swinging the old and elaborate lanterns around the hall with creaking moans and eerie, shifting shadows.

Aside from the fire of the lanterns, there was no warmth that breathed in these ancient hall. The round and stony chamber was wide open for the winds to ravage, the large, aged pillars that shouldered the huge dome above, didn't shelter much from the biting gusts. Near impenetrable Blackness reigned outside and Shadows covered the hall from the inside, except for the small patches of swaying light the lanterns were throwing around. We all cuddled under their faint light, trying to draw any warmth from the dancing fire within with no avail. No one thought to cast a fire of his own.

We were all exhausted, cold and have been without much food for a while. I had lost my cloak on our way here, but the shiver in the others' bodies around me told me it wouldn't have done a much better job anyways. Some of us were still panting, others had slouched upon the stone floors to take rest. I leaned against one lantern, beads of sweat covering my forehead, and irritatingly matting the hair around my face. I strained for any sound outside, hoping I don't hear one and thankfully, none came. But we couldn't let our guard down. We all still clutched the weapons in our hands, though we knew we could hardly lift them, but what other choice did we have? We only hoped we don't come to use them. A slight nod from my partner's head, told me and the others that it was clear outside after his routine check. At least, we could rest assured that we were not followed so far. Needless to say, we were all in need of some warmth and good rest. Yet we were all stuck here in wait for our only hope to be answered.

After an immeasurable amount of silence, in which we caught our breath and talked of nothing, one impatient friend of mine stepped forward.

"How long are we gonna wait in this secluded, no man's castle? we have been waiting for a while and no one answered!"

"Should we break in?"

"Guys guys, calm down a bit. Let me remind you, that this is our only chance. So let's try and not ruin it. If it weren't for him anyways, we wouldn't have even made it this far."

We all fell in silence again. No body dared to deny his words, we all knew that every syllable carried nothing but the truth. And I had to remind myself bitterly, that if it wasn't for me, we wouldn't have needed to be here in the first place. I hated myself for bringing this upon them. No sooner had I thought so, then the large, main doors slid noisily open. We all sprang quickly to our feet and stepped forward anxiously. A lone hooded man stood behind them, clutching a long wooden staff with a ring of gold in its middle. It was him, alright.

"Your Reverence," I started, trying to hide the quiver of desperation in my voice as I walked closer, bowing my head with respect. "We have come a long way to seek your help." His face was shrouded mostly under the hood, I could only make out his chin and smiling mouth, he looked rather youthful for someone of his age. "Please, we have--"

"It is alright now." he patted my shoulder reassuringly. I could hear the others' sighs of relief behind me, feel the smile spreading on my face against myself. Finally, we're done with it, I can rid them of my doing. "It'll be over soon..." His smile curved wider, and I, feeling I could never thank him enough, looked up in his eyes to thank h--

My Smile froze. These EYES?! You're--

Before I could utter any warning, the hand on my shoulder tugged me harshly forward and I felt a sharp, tearing pain cut through my chest and into my back. I gasped, taken by surprise and disbelief. How could he have... Why?...ugh. The entire world dissolved into the sheer pain and searing cut of the blade that pierced me. I had often swore to never show a sign of pain no matter what, but the wrench of the blade out of my body, pulled more than just blood. And I was drowned in my scream of agony, swallowed by a mind blanking pain as he pushed me away, and stared hungrily at the others.

I hit the floor hard, writhing in pure anguish. I could hear some screams rising around me, laughter, more feet hitting the grounds, clang of weapons, bullets firing, shouting, chaos just broke out. But soon enough, nothing mattered but the pain. I felt as if my lungs were on fire, I tried to drag a breathe but It hurts so much. It hurts so damn much. The pain in my chest spread like fire, it burned in my stomach, in my head, in my eyes, in my fingers, everywhere. It was unbearable. I fidget trying to throw it out of my body, but it grabbed harder, I could hear myself sobbing in utter desperation. The blade that struck me was infused with a spell of pain and poison. A blade that meant for those it struck, a torturing death.

Drawing a breath in hurts, letting it out hurts. It was agony, stealing a gasp of air was a terrible effort. Something gurgled in my throat, and I yielded into the pain and coughed, tasting the warm crimson of my blood as it spilled out of my lips. I lay there feeling chilly, my limbs are numb with cold, the air hits me hard with soft icy currents, and I can't stop my body from quivering and throbbing like a raw nerve. What were the others doing? Are they safe? ...No, I don't want any one else to--

I strain to breathe, to contain my whimpers but I feel heavy, dull, out of all strength. Someone came around, I couldn't tell who, and then another and another. Soon enough faces were swimming above my head, I couldn't tell who was who, but I could tell they were distressed, they seemed to talk, but I didn't understand... or rather I couldn't make out what they were saying. I wanted to tell them it doesn't hurt that much anymore but I could hardly breathe.

I kept looking, looking for that single face, in the sea of swimming faces above me. He must be there, he must be safe. Please, be safe. Something was tugging me down, my head was swaying with dizziness, and everything was dulling into blackness. My ears couldn't hear a thing, as if blocked by air pressure. My senses had lost sense of anything, it was as if I'm being put under. I felt so sleepy, the kind of sleep that you have been waiting to have after long, hard days of continuous fatigue and weariness. The one where the moment you put your head down on the pillow you lose contact with the world, and sink into a dreamless oblivion.

I was dying.

I gasped through the tears, and what was left of breath. I had to muster all my entire effort to utter something important. I had to tell them, I had to, before it is too late...

"I am so sorry... I--"

The words came out a near inaudible murmur but they must have heard them, right?
Guys, Please forgive me...

A final tug of breath and I felt my heart thump, one last time. Then It all went so still, into the dark it all faded, and I felt no more.

How could we have ever come to this?

When did the path go so wrong?​

When did we become our own enemy?...​

Final Fantasy: Sin

Six Months Before...

The crisp, afternoon rays, spilled through the curtains showering the large room in a light golden veil. A slow, peaceful piece of piano played in the background from some excellent pair of hidden stereo speakers, threads of steam wafted gently from a delicate cup of tea that sat on an antique, and very expensive wooden table near the terrace. On it laid, a set of ebony and ivory chess pieces in mid-game, and against the ebony side of it sat Athena sipping her tea.

She had her dark honey brown hair pulled up in an elegant and simple chignon. Her red, v-neck blouse, had long puffed sleeves that matched perfectly the black of her loose, sleek pants, high heeled half boots, and black, leather belt fastening around her waist.
She ran her long fingers along the edge of the table, eyes fixated in thought on her chess pieces. She was planning an important move. Although, it had hardly been the first day of the new term, Athena had the time to indulge herself with a little game. Most of the students had arrived last night, and as per the tradition, the first day was a long day of festivities to welcome both new and returning students to the Academy.

After Morning breakfast, she had made her speech to the academy, introduced the teaching staff, and the new additions to it this year. After that, it was rather some office work, and Aspis section preparations to take care of. The head of students and academy affairs would be handling especially the new first years, giving them a tour of the academy and orienting them on how things go about. The other teachers, went about their own business, preparing themselves for the day to follow or resting through the day much as the students would. Students on the other hand, get to enjoy a day long with activities and events, stuff such as swimming and dueling contests, a band concert, some plays, or simply fun games. It was full of many, and always witnessed a new addition every year. At night, there would be a large dinning feast, and fireworks would then be fired in the sky, marking the end of the first day. Students would then head to their dorms, readying themselves for a work filled day next.

After a long time of contemplation, Athena moved the bishop two steps to the right, threatening one of the ivory knights. She sighed, and rose from her seat and walked into the terrace for some air. Although, a couple of papers still need her signatures on the desk, she had to put them aside for now, and think of matters more important a bit. Matters like the last couple of incidents near the Felonhark factory. Although, they probably passed as normal incidents, she had her other doubts. And she'd need to make sure of them. But, that will be all in its due time. For now, she might as well enjoy the day.

Last edited:

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
Click, Click, program accepted Seraph Drive accomplished waiting for next orders.

The giants screen immediately filled up with codes, commands, and number sequences as far as the eye could see, which wasn't hard seeing how the whole side of the wall inside the huge underground was the screen. In front of the screen touching and sliding multiple commands was a youthful man sleek black hair waving about as he moved about the screens length dragging a collection of files that had resulted from the commands inputted. The man wore a lab coat over the black professor uniform small gold pendants swaying to the swift turns the man made as he attemtped to make multiple sequences happen on the screen. Behind the main was a massive space filled with advance machinery, computers, and weapons as far as the human eyes could allow to see.

This room was underneath academy and was its very life blood power, defenses, and weaponary. Anything made here was as classified as it could get and was currently only occupied by the man at the screen. The man happen to be Kevin Avius, Head of Magical Research and Development, he also was the worlds number one leader in blue magic... then again it was still a young field and Kevin knew one day he would be able to give that title away. Until that day however Avius would trek on making as many advancements as possible for the academy and field.

"Beep."

The professor turned away from the screen to a holographic image of a chess set. Popping his neck he went over to the hologram kneeling to look over the move, his opponent had moved a bishop threatening one of his knights if he couldn't counter. Chuckling at the bold move Kevin reviewed his options, deciding he touched a castle piece and moved it to the right a straight path to the opponents king if the opponent didn't back track or move out of harms way.

"Come on now Athena were is your mind at cause it doesnt seem to be on our game," the man said to a small speaker device next to the hologram. "The new weapons system is operational by the way and as requested only me, you and the other heads of departs can access it, mind you the lack of staff and short notice of this request will cost you dinner or lunch." Kevin smiled at his small joke knowing the principal would probable roll her eyes at that last part.

"So what's on your mind?"

Awards
"Whoa whoa! This is just a friendly match you know!?" Acesto dodged and weaved as a muscle bound young man sent weighted and clumsy punches his way. This actually wasn't as fun as he thought it would be. He saw a 'dueling' contest was being held, little did he know that he would have to fight a line of people with their eyes on the prize. What was the prize anyway? He couldn't seem to recall.

"Hey prick! Are you even trying!?" His opponent yelled at him, likely chastising him for doing nothing but dodge the whole fight.

"Sorry about that, I was just contemplating throwing this match, Don't worry, I've made up my mind." Ace stopped evading the thoughtless attacks, and instead side stepped him and tripped him with his right leg. A string of curse words flew from the falling young man's mouth as he realized that he had been led to the edge of the dueling platform, there was nothing he could do as he slammed into the ground 3 feet below.

"Ring out! The winner of the dueling contest is Acesto!... That is unless there's someone out there in the audience willing to take his spot?" A tall flamboyant man sang into a microphone. The last thing he added alarmed Acesto.

"H-Hey, you're kidding right?..." He let out a sigh, suddenly regretting his decision to not throw the fight. He just knew someone would jump on the stage, heck he could be here all day! Thankfully a familiar face in the crowd gave him an idea. "WHAT'S THAT ASAHINA? YOU WANT TO CHALLENGE ME!?" You'd think someone just dumped a bucket of ice down her shirt, Asahina nearly jumped five feet in the air.

"M-me? But I- She tried to protest, however the ecstatic announcer was already pulling her up to the dueling platform. She trembled, so many eyes on her... She had no clue why Ace had called her up, there was no chance she could win! As per the normal formalities before a match the two of them walked to the center of the platform and bowed. While both of their heads were down Ace whispered to her.

"Just swing a punch, I'll take a fall alright?" The announcer screamed out 'fight' and the match began, however while Ace backed up and put his hands up Asahina just stood there blinking in shock.

"You want me to... WHAT!?" She recoiled as she just noticed what he called her up for.

"Come on, show me what you got!" Ace taunted her, giving her a wink to go on with his plan. He charged towards her making it look as if he were about to tackle her. Not even close to ready Asahina began running around the platform in a panic, making the duel look more like an attempted mugging. "S-stop running, I'm not going to hurt you, just punch me!" He wasn't sure if his words had any effect, however Asahina manged to trap herself on a corner of the platform, so regardless this was ending one way or the other. Letting out a confounded scream Asahina closed her eyes and held out her right hand in a fist. Ace crashed into it face first, then flipping over backwards and violently tumbling out of bounds.

"RING OUT!~ WE HAVE OUR DUELING CHAMPION!" The announcer walked over to Asahina, presenting her with a trophy that she could barely hold up. She mumbled a few words to the announcer, but he was too busy hyping up the crowd. Getting to his feet Ace brushed himself off, then walking to the side of the platform.

"Congratulations, you're officially the academy's best duelist!" He proclaimed with a sly smirk. Asahina couldn't say a word, frankly she was in shock at the moment.

Last edited:

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
The earlier ceremonies had ran on but having been here for a good deal of time, he should've been used to how dull it became. Welcoming new teachers, announcements, and a bunch of other needless information they could've put in a cheap pamphlet and saved some time for everyone else. Often Calipher skipped these ceremonies but due to a friend's daughter being welcomed as a new addition to the teaching roster, as well as being the girl who watched him teach for years, he felt he could've been there to support her. Of course by that time he had nearly chosen to walk off and return to his office. The girl in question named Mayuka, was the only thing that stopped him from that 'disrespectful' course of action.

He didn't care too much for the games and events but children needed entertainment, and unless it was his own child or a child of a close friend, he had no desire to hold hands for any of them here.

Thankfully there was no boredom for him at this time. The students were outside socializing, eating, and typically fighting for fun. The Head of Magical History and Support was just beside him, watching the activities as well, but mostly the crowd in general. Minami Izumi had a very impressive family and he of all people would know it considering his relations with her family started with her two great-grandmother's. They didn't come to merely have a warm conversation about how beautiful the day was; it came down to comparing students, and using a mind with equal consideration to do such a thing. This wouldn't be the first time they came together.

He was dressed as he always was and that theme of black never changed, and his eyes were narrowed in thought. Nothing new there.

"Another year we debate on who'll make themselves useful ..you make this day much more bearable." Calipher turned his back from the window of Minami's own office. The door wasn't locked, but Calipher had utilized his bloom to make certain no presence, no matter how hidden, may be in the surrounding area to hear what they were about to say. Small devices used to pick up audio were sought out and destroyed. It may have seemed trivial for nothing more than a debate about the student's but ironic enough, Calipher didn't enjoy being spied on despite how much he kept his eyes on others. The fact of the matter was, nothing was in here to listen, and nothing was out there to listen. He'd have felt it, even if he couldn't see it. His bloom made it so ..and he's had over a lifetime to perfect it.

It wasn't stopping there.

"Very well, let's start. Auster Hyne, the man you've chosen to replace you when you find the time right to stop teaching." There was no immediate need to pull his profile up, Calipher knew enough about him to offer his own opinions. "No hardship due to parents with a decent place within the kingdom's government. Antisocial unless you go to him yourself, disregard for the dress code put into place ..he's not a prime example for a teacher. If he acts as he does now, what makes you honestly think he could teach students when he hardly shows the desire to know any of his peers?" Calipher held up a hand before he let Minami speak and instead moved towards the laptop he left on her desk. Gently lifting it open, he entered the name 'Asahina Miyo' before he brought his gaze back to his company.

"I'll remind you that this part of our debate isn't about combat ability. He's one of the very few who specialize in stealth and intelligence since Rika Misaki had graduated and left. I'm not bringing his field experience into question." Though Rika had since graduated, she had offered her services to him and Minami in case they needed someone outside the Academy to get something done. It was generally for a price, but having known them for some time, getting a free pass was not difficult. The girl was erotic and pleasing to the eyes, could take advantage of a man's frustration and loneliness to achieve her own goals. She was a dangerous young woman with a large amount of potential.

Truly one of the few he wish remained here. Calipher didn't fancy the path of a mercenary but money did talk if you held no true loyalties.

"If I needed people to die, I know the students to send for that job, and even those outside this academy ..but if he's going to be actively affecting the generations to come, I need you to be certain Mr. Hyne can be expected to cooperate with the staff when need be, and work under the same rules as everyone else. Minami, you of all people know how dangerous it could be to take advantage of a position ..I know this better than anyone."

Students still insisted he had means to dispose of failures.

And he did ..with his authority, accidental deployment and 'mistakes' could happen if he had a bad day. It was his job to prepare students for the unexpected, for harsh and unforgiving combat. Not everyone could come back.

"So, I ask you ..do you trust him, his ways, his attitude ..when it comes to the fresh minds that'll come here? You really place your faith in him to be a shining example of a potential teacher on the course he's on now?"

-

Submerged under a mass of water was Mayuka's favorite place to be. Under there it was a sanctuary, a place of thought and isolation where few could disturb her for long. When you shifted, the water itself took your action and carried it through its container, bouncing along the walls of its cage and carrying that action in it for a long time. Because of her blessing, her gift, natural elements were in her grasp to wield with respect and dignity and due to that, being in this place felt amazing. It was nothing but her here within this private circular pool which was oddly equal to the size of one you'd see in an Olympic event. This was a gift to her by both a mentor and a friend, Calipher ..and with a little persuasion from him, the Headmistress agreed to have this.

She had been under it for at least an hour in thought, and fear. The ceremony was okay, but her heart pounded violently at the idea of being in front of so many other people. To think that she of all people would be able to teach others about handling magical forces ..the pressure was great. Sure it seemed perfect because of her gift but that didn't stop her worries one bit. What if they didn't think she was good enough for that position? What if she made an idiotic mistake and looked stupid?

None of this was easy for her. Sure, she used to be destined to be a princess, in the eyes of some people she still was even if her father did give up his right to the throne. Her blood, her birthright, none of it helped her shoulder the burden. As her mentor had told her, students would need to look to her for wisdom and guidance in the field she led. He was born to guide others ..but for Mayuka, she didn't know what she was born to do yet. It sounded fun, sounded like a good experience, but upon getting to this point it was all starting to come together. She, a princess, to be a teacher. It was no secret who she was to anyone, and it went through the kingdom fairly quickly.

'Did you hear? Prince Van's daughter is supposed to be teaching at Mysidia this year! I bet she'll do great, its in her blood.'

Her blood.

There was more to her than just what was in her blood, in her families blood. Her father had given up his right to power, riches, and leadership by dedicating his life to something more. He did something almost unthinkable, and when you thought that was shocking, he married a common girl and started a family. People insisted that his part of the bloodline would be tainted from there on, but that kind of talk was quickly silenced. He was happy with what he had found and brought up in this world, and no talk like that ever made him regret his options. She was born with love, and whenever she saw her parents or even her brothers, it reminded her of this if she was ever in doubt.

She had a lot of support from her family and friends, and the Headmistress seemed to like her too. It would be wrong of her to back out now ..but..

Emerging from her floating dead center in the water, she came up for the first time and moved towards the edge, bringing her arms crossed on it and blinked her eyes a couple times. This didn't seem to be doing her favors at all. She thought her father would be ashamed to see her like this, reconsidering after so much time studying for this. If it wasn't for the fact her bloom was airborne and she could hear the shutting of her own door, she might not have realized she had company that just arrived. Lifting her head up, she strained her ears to listen closely. The tones, the excitement ..it sounded familiar.

"--awesome, except the kids ..most of them looked at us like we were royal-- Oh." Isaac admired his little sister's room and how 5-star it looked. The walls were a light cyan and-- man forget the walls, she had a huge window that gave her a brilliant view of the school grounds, a comfortable white carpet to run your feet along, and the bed seemed two sizes too big for a young woman like her. Everything here was top class. "If this is how they treat teachers, sign me up!" Carelessly he ran across the room and jumped face first onto her bed, testing both the springs and the comfort level the material brought. Though he was a couple years older than his little sister, he still treated a good room as if he were a kid for the first time. "Oh, man, mom you've got to try this bed. Why didn't we get beds like this growing up!?"

"Because I was busy teaching you how to be humble and respectful to those who didn't live as fortunate as this..and I see you're still learning. You didn't even take your shoes off Isaac." Van huffed at his eldest son as he stood beside his own wife Azusa, not upset enough to actively say much more, but wishing Isaac thought about his actions before he made them. Mayuka's room was nicer than Calipher had chosen to describe. Of course the description of something like this didn't really matter in the long run. She'd be up and about for much of her day and, to be honest, they had no reason to be here and babysit. They were family, yes, but he had to let her be an adult just like he did Isaac and Aiden.

..Isaac was currently up for debate.

"...You're one to crash a guy's party dad, you know that?" sitting up again, Isaac removed himself from the beautiful white sheets and straightened it back up again. For all his parental talk, his father was a good man who usually let him have his freedom. The family had planned to get together and congratulate her personally, but she wasn't even in here. "Seriously mom, try the bed ..I gotta get me and Inori one of these things. It'll make getting into it something to look forward to even more."

"Are you implying that this will-"

"Dad, let's not debate my choice of implying certain personal events in front of mom, please. She's delicate."

"Hmph, well played."

"Learned from the best."

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"You'll be fine. I promise!"

Under any circumstance this would be something very reassuring to say to someone when they're feeling distressed about a certain situation. Unfortunately,t his was not just any circumstance. Nor was the comment assuring at all. In fact, the young freshman was absolutely terrified; she shook in place, despite being told numerous times to hold still. She stood amongst the trees, semi-hidden from sight and a group of onlookers not too far away. On top of her head was a shiny granny smith apple, and it just so happened to be the target of Vera Esperanza.

A good distance away the sniper lay, her faithful rifle poised directly at the apple. The air was still, as was she; both icy blue eyes adjusting every second to get the apple knocked off. She drew in a breath and held it, her body shifting ever so slightly as her fingers gripped her weapon, her index finger on the trigger. All she had to do was shoot. Shoot and not hit the girl. But that wasn't what she wanted (not that she actually wanted to shoot the freshman!), but she wanted to shoot it off her head in a specific manner.

Then, Vera moved; for just a second she knew it was time, and pulled the trigger. Her mist gathered at the rifle's tip, and then sprang forward. To the naked eye, it seemed like a bullet and nothing more, but of course it went too fast to truly see and appreciate. It zipped through and shot through the apple; the freshman let out a scream of terror, toppling over backwards.

"Ugh! Why did you move?!" Letting out an exasperated sigh, Vera pushed herself up and slung her rifle over her back, quickly moving towards the girl as the group of students huddled around her. "I swear you kids are chickens, GEEZ."

One boy looked at the approaching Vera and let out a gasp that alerted the rest to her arrival. Once within a few feet away, the group immediately let her through. To their surprise however, Vera simply stepped over the girl and picked up the apple, inspecting it and the very clean hole now made.

"YES! Do you see how beautiful this is?!" Vera exclaimed excitedly as she showed it off. "Perfect shot!"

They all agreed, whether they thought it or not for fear of becoming her next victim. One, however, was more concerned about the freshman. "Hey, what about Michelle?" He asked Vera.

Rolling her eyes, Vera knelt down next to the girl, patting her head. "A job well done, little girl." She grinned from ear to ear. "On a scale of one to ten, how awesome was it?"

"It...it was t-terrifying..." She mumbled, still shaking.

"Oh grow up." Vera stood up and took a bite of the apple, looking over at the school. "Huh, time flies, eh? Let's all get back kiddos, wouldn't want to get you all in trouble."

Without so much as a word, each and every one of them scrambled off, including Vera's target. Letting out a small sigh Vera began to follow, a strong gust of wind picking up her pink hair off her neck as she slowly made her way back.

Another day. That's all it was.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-------------------------------------------------

Everyone appeared to enjoy the festivities greatly, both by students and staff members of the school. As the little fighting tournament exploded in a round of loud cheers and excitement, and rambunctious laughter came from the part of the festival with all the games, a mixture of both combined with sounds of oohing and awwing were equally just as loud from another part of the large festival.

Many little children adorably picked up equally as tiny little creatures into their arms, to which both child and creature seemed to both enjoy greatly. The mini enclosure was full of rather exotic creatures from around the world, all carefully trained and domesticated by the students of the Creature Care-taking Division of the school. While many of them looked like simply bunny, cat or even wolf like creatures, which the children absolutely loved, there were still the more massive and impressive looking beasts for those much older to gaze at, and in some cases even manage to touch them without any worry.

While some of the more advanced students were watching over the creatures, teaching those interested to better hold and care for the little ones, a robe covered man stood out amongst a crowd of similarly dressed people, though their own robes were much less elaborate and important looking. As many of this little group helped answer numerous questions from enquiring people, whether about the animals themselves, the running of the school or even the other instructors, the single man whom stood out from them was busy with other things.

Notebook out, Abeo scribbled down various lines of information, always just momentarily looking up from it to see a particular creature before going right back to the book.

“The Mini-Flan’s and Choco-Chick's are beginning to be hungry. Have their crushed apple cores and greens ready in a few minutes.” Said Abeo to one of his robed staff members.

"Yes Professor!" Said one of the robed men.

"See to it that the Lobo's are fed their weekly helping of Behemoth meat."

"Right away professor!" Replied one of the robed women who hurried just as quickly as the previous person to do what the Professor asked.

With that, every minute or so the Professor would tell another staff member to go and do something concerning the other creatures, always managing to have something new for a returning staff member, having them scurrying off to quickly do once again. This continued until the Professor seemed to not notice, as he was still busy taking down notes in the book, that he was without the rest of his group.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
With a hand wrapped firmly around the hilt of what can only be described as a strange looking sword, a group of freshman that seemed to have gathered around him for some reason look on with a mixture of curiosity and excitement. What they look at is Rence with his sword held out before him facing off one of his friends from the Literature club. He just lets his Mist flow from his body and through the weapon before taking shape. The character that he's currently acting as is know for having a "blade that burns with justice" so he lets the Mana take on the form of flames. Because of this the weapon erupts into flames and faces the young man before him. A grin finally forms on his lips as he feels that the time is right to finish up this little "show".

"You have impisoned these people for too long, Razor! Prepare to taste the Blade of Justice!"

In an overly dramatic way Rence charges at the man before finally leaping into the air. He lets out a long and loud yell as he falls onto the young man in a powerful swing. He listens as some of the people in the crowd yell out as if to stop him while others prepares themselves for the worse, but Rence doesn't land his blow. He stops just short of hitting his friend and watches as the young man leaps backwards to act like he was hit really hard. Rence just rises to his feet from his crouching positions and calls out, "You're reign of tyrany is over, Razor! I have freed the people from your evil clutches!"

With that the weapon in his hand not only extinguishes itself but also folds into what appears to be a gun before it is slid into a holster. In the way that it was done in that book Rence turns his back to his friend and walks away through the stunned and very confused crowd. What they thought was a demonstration of what they would learn actually turned out to be something that Rence will do at random times. Knowing that they will meet up some time later, Rence just pulls a white book from the confines of the bag on his back and opens to the middle where he last stopped reading. He finally makes his way into the heart of a crowd leaving some other sort of demonstration he eaily avoids the younger ones despite never looking up from his book titled Loveless. But now he feels like quoteing a part of it that he's already read.

"When the war of the beasts brings about the worlds end
The goddess descends from the sky.
Wings of light and dark spread afar
She guides us to bliss, her gift everlasting."

It's only then that he happens to look up from his book and notices Vera with her rifle on her back. He just smiles as he closes the book and walks over to the young woman. He can't quite remember if he ever gave her a name, but he has the perfect one thanks entirely to what he was just reading. "It would seem that Loveless does not lie. How fare you, Goddess?"

Last edited:

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
It was difficult to decide which was more appealing at the moment. Jellybeans, or this discussion. Minami wanted to have this serious discussion, true, and even enjoy talking leisurely to Calipher. Despite how mature she makes herself to be, Minami had always wanted an elder brother of sorts. Her family was certainly strange, occupied almost entirely of women save a few deviants here and there. All of her cousins were, at this point, girls and as the eldest cousin she was to be the head honcho amongst them. Which, of course, allowed all of the cousins to pretty much act like her little sisters. She wanted someone else to take that role and enjoy being a little sister for a little while.

Ah, jellybeans. If she had to divulge a secret weakness of hers, it would have to be jellybeans. She liked candy but jellybeans took the proverbial cake. It didn’t help that her great-grandmother had so graciously gave her a huge jar of jellybeans earlier before rolling away in her typical trolling way. Minami stood impassively at the window looking down at the students, but in all honesty she was staring at the jar, containing 1,265 jellybeans, on her desk.

She’ll take one.

Turning around, she opened the jar and downed a handful of jellybeans.

“In this line of work,” she said, careful with her words, “Trust is imperative.”

Minami didn’t need to lecture Calipher the necessity of trust, he was Mr. Secrets. Which wasn’t a bad thing, Minami keeps a few secrets of her own, and the jellybean one isn’t one of them.

“Giving it away so easily is… foolish,” her mother of all people were those naively honest people who trusted people too easily, but when you’re in her shoes it is easy to give away trust like it were jellybeans, “I’ve learned that the hard way. So, my giving it away to Auster is not the result of a lapse in judgment, in fact it shows his character and integrity.”

She turned to face Calipher. She wore a simple ensemble, a form-fitting sleeveless waistcoat over a white top, and a unrestricting skirt. Her light red hair looked fiery in the sunlight and was a complete contrast to her golden eyes. Distracting as the color shifted when she looked at him.

“So, he’s a little rough around the edges, I’ll give you that. The concept that there are born leaders out there is a complete lie, there’s no such thing as that. People must become leaders, and Auster is in that process and is doing fairly well at that.”

Unfolding her arms, she took around handful of jellybeans and delicately ate them.

“He has taken charge in any assignment given and can command respect and authority. Even having assembled a little task force of his own, that I, of course, am keeping a close eye one. Reorganizing the library archives, producing a watch list for my enjoyment and is generally the leading man in any of my work.”

Her hand wavered to the jar, but she decided against it. Closing the jar she sighed, resigning to an uncharacteristic method of expressing her weariness, “Whether it is in the battlefield or in the classroom, I trust him. Besides, he has plenty of time to be molded to my design,” she gave Calipher a playful (yet completely contradictory to her public personality) smile, “I don’t plan to give up my position until I am one hundred percent sure he can take it after all, even if I have to cheat death.”

~--~​
Azusa, without hesitation, slapped Isaac on the back of the head at his more playful comments. It wasn’t a serious reprimand and Azusa was merely playing the straight man in this situation. “Delicate huh?” she asked ominously, “You’re so funny sometimes Isaac, honey, but why don’t I show you just how delicate I am.”

“Ooh, you’re in trouble,” snickered Aiden.

“No laughing at your brother.” She smacked him as well.

“And I don’t think Inori would appreciate you speaking about her like that,” Azusa continued, “You know how spirited she can become.”

Somewhere in the cosmos, the aforementioned girl realizes someone is speaking ill of her and is plotting her revenge.

“Also, I’m pretty sure that’s one of the reasons you aren’t, and can’t become, a teacher,” Aiden joked, “They aren’t looking to hire stupid perverts.”

Although he said that, Aiden felt it was incorrect somehow but shook off that feeling.

“If anything, they’re looking for cool, smart, and tough teachers,” Azusa rolled her eyes as Aiden puffed his chest out, “Like me.”

“Try saying that without all of the food you took from the cafeteria in your hands,” Azusa countered.

Aiden didn’t respond but chewed his caramel apple sullenly.

Despite the royal part of this family, they behaved like an average superhuman/angelic family would. They joked, a little more than what Azusa would preferred, and behaved more like really close friends than stuffshirt royalty. Azusa’s commoner background meant nothing, just as Van’s royal background was just something for idle conversation. It wasn’t in their interests to compare and contrast the two and certainly not to judge based on that.

The epitome of a close family with love.

~---~

Crowds were never Diane’s thing. She felt uncomfortable in them and didn’t fancy the company. She wasn’t antisocial, it’s just most people treated her like she was delinquent. Sure, she looked like one. With her hair cut as if she had a fight with it wielding scissors, never mind the fact that it was dyed, her dark eyes locked in a “give-me-your-lunch-money” way, and her scars screamed delinquency.

And sure, even though it bugged her a little she had no desire to change simply because of that. If people want to judge based on her appearance, feel free to do so. If they are more than willing to look past that, fantastic!

It wasn’t the words they said to, or about, her. No, words never hurt her. It was what they wouldn’t say to her. Those people who would look at her strangely, or even with hatred, and not say anything. That’s what annoyed her, she’d preferred honesty from people not this quiet hatred. It drove her nuts, not enough to engage in serious experimental brain surgery, but enough to feel ticked off. Perhaps this is why she has that angry look on her face, more maybe it was that caramel apple that she ate before.

“Congratulations!” an annoying announcer said, “You’re officially the academy’s best duelist!”

Normally, Diane wouldn’t give two flying ponyfeathers about that. Little contests like that were eerily common in this place, how strange that this school is populated by fighting maniacs what is this Beelzebub?

But when she looked at the proclaimed number one duelist, she had to bite her tongue to not laugh. Asahina?

It wasn’t that she doubted Asahina’s, er, abilities. But her volunteering for this little parade of testosterone was amusing at the very least; hilarious at its most. Asahina wouldn’t harm a fly, in fact, Diane was sure she couldn’t harm one. Out of pacifism not inability.

It was probably someone else who forced her into it. Before Diane could don a deerstalker and deduce her way to the truth, she saw Asbestos – sorry, Acesto – over there looking sorry for himself; or was that his default expression?

That was a boring conclusion, but it made sense.

Walking past everyone, who seemed ecstatic that a wallflower like Asahina could supposedly whoop them into next week, she approached Ace.

“You’re pathetic,” she remarked familiarly, “Was this your doing?”

Awards
“You’re pathetic,”

Acesto recognized that abrasive tone anywhere, turning to face the voice he saw Diane.

“Was this your doing?”

Looks like he was busted. He put on a weary grin, ruffling the back of his head like a child that was just caught stealing from the cookie jar. "You got me, I set up the last match. I didn't want to go through another annoying match, and I figured Asahina could benefit from the attention." He lowered his hands suddenly, now scanning Diane with an inquisitive gaze. "You aren't upset are you? I mean I know you don't take these duels very seriously."

"Acesto..." Asahina came from the dense crowd, standing in front of him. The large trophy she 'won' blocked most of her face and she seemed to be struggling to carry it. She didn't dare drop it however, she was growing to like it in fact as it acted as a makeshift shield between her and the crowds. There was a shakiness in her voice, as if she wasn't sure if she wanted to be angry at Ace or not. She then noticed Diane, as if she had popped up out of nowhere. She hid behind the trophy. It wasn't that she disliked Diane, the girl just scared the ever living daylights out of her. She was always afraid to speak to her, as she expected to be knocked out for saying anything stupid. "Hi Angel... I-I-I mean Diane!" Now she'd done it, why didn't she just keep her mouth shut? She knew she hated being called that name, so why did she say it? She looked to Ace, hoping he'd save her from her incoming beat down.

"Say! how about we go get something to eat? You can come too Diane, come on it'll be... At least somewhat fun I'm sure." Ace chimed in, hoping to ease the odd tension in the air.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
"Something..." Athena evaded, resting her elbow languidly on the rail of the terrace with a vague smile. They had only recently considered installing a new weapons system to the Academy as a precautionary measure and a means of boosting its protection. Although, not completely favoring this idea in the beginning, Athena ended up agreeing on starting its development. She didn't like to admit it, but, for a while she had an increasingly growing hunch that they will need it. A thought that to her was absolutely detested, but couldn't be denied. She hoped, that this was one of the few times she was wrong.

"Well, good." Athena had paused, taking a moment to sip her tea, "As agreed Kevin, this is just a fail-safe measure and nothing more. I'll expect the codes of the Seraph Drive on my and the others' desks tomorrow then."

The air outside was lovely, light and breezy, full of the mingled scent of the sea and lemon trees. The noises about didn't completely drown the distant whooshing of the azure waves and the clear blue of the skies above was uninterrupted except only by the slightly burning rose of the setting sun. It all absorbed her in a stilling serenity, where nothing really mattered and all that was left was the clarity of this moment. Her gaze quietly lingered on a group of students heading for the dormitories, probably to get ready for the night's festival and dance. It must be wonderful to be without a care in the world, Athena thought wistfully, the wind lightly slipping through her hair catching the light of the setting rays in her honey tufts. It seemed so unfair to think about work in this fine day. It was not in her nature to ignore or put off important matters, but a nice break was something she deserved, even if for a little while.

Deciding to head out, Athena walked back in her office and placed her empty cup on the table. Before she could made it to the door, however, she noticed Kevin's last move in their game and her smile widened mischievously.

"You really should get out of the lab more often Kevin." she suggested, holding out an ivory castle piece between her fingers thoughtfully. "It isn't healthy to shut yourself down there all the time."

Kevin Avius was one of the more friendlier members of the Aspis staff. Lighthearted, funny and certainly one of the few on the forefront in the Magiteck field, even if his ego got to his head sometimes. And having been chosen for such a position by the former headmaster surely, earns him some undisputed merit. His seriousness about his work is not something she doubts either. It is just that, sometimes, he made himself so easily readable, that Athena thought he was either too naive or being intentionally too predictable. That aside, however, he was a good Professor.

"Alright, I shall be heading outsider for a bit." She concluded, delicately setting aside the white castle and walking away.

"Oh and Kevin,"

She was about to close the door behind her when she turned around, remembering something. The white castle had fallen for the bishop's earlier distraction and was replaced with her dark queen, leaving his ivory king neither with the space for escape nor the possible defense of another piece. Since it was an unavoidable death, it surely constituted a--

"Checkmate." She had remarked, before turning around and closing the door quietly behind her.

~*~​

There was something expressly personal and reflective about solitude. This isolating layer of existence that plucks you out of a sea of turbulent influences and into a silence of the mind where only you reign. It becomes just you and the world, and nothing in between. This subtle connection with something far larger than you, that silent and mutual understanding between you and life can have a very profound effect on the self, as if you have gained a new invisible friend or a drop of knowledge that you never had before. It is exactly why Elaine wishes she was on top of that distant peak right there at the moment. The Trabian ranges were not so far from Mysidia Academy, actually they were really easy to spot in the horizon if you looked the opposite direction from the sea. Sadly though, Elaine couldn't be there today.

She sighed, and rose from the garden bench, stretching profusely to throw the laziness out of her muscles. It is not like she hated the company of people, quite the contrary, she liked hanging with her friends and socializing. But Climbing was her favorite thing to do, and she tries to use every possible chance to practice it. It wasn't helping as well, that the members of the climbing club are pretty low and rarely agreed to her endeavors. She wasn't letting that frustrate her anyways, she has had more than enough skill and experience to go on her own. Time still was the issue, though, with all her duties...

"What is all this commotion about?"

There was a large crowd of students standing around a dueling platform not so far to her left. Curious enough, and having nothing else to do she headed their way. By the time, she made it through to the front line of the crowd, she saw Ace running after Asahina. Surprised, Elaine tried to fight the urge to not burst laughing at the comical situation. Asahina was the last person to participate in something as violent and physical as this, the notion of how she was up on this platform was baffling on its own. And what the hell was Ace doing chasing after her in the ring? He didn't challenge her to this, did he? It was only a few moments after when he had cornered her, though by a pure surge of luck, Ace fell for Asahina's unintended punch and lost. The Crowd burst in Cheering as the announcer announced that Asahina was the champion. Well, at least it ended on a good note. Soon enough, Asahina made her way towards Ace with a large trophy at hand. Elaine thought she should at least congratulate her.

Congrats Asahina!” Elaine chimed in, directing a perfectly enthusiastic smile at the trophy carrying girl. She had, however, managed to offhandedly punch Ace in the shoulder not so lightly. It was hard to believe that Asahina participated in a dueling contest, let alone be its champion. Too shy, and too peaceful for such an intense atmosphere, although, she could benefit with the confidence boost. Elaine didn't want to think of the alternate ending to this though, because Ace would have surely had it. Lucky Ace.

"s'up Diane?" Elaine had noticed that Diane was standing next to Ace and greeted her with an encouraging smile, slightly surprised that she was roaming about the festival. It wasn't like her to do so. Diane might have looked slightly intimidating and with little tolerance to... a lot of stuff, but she was nice, in her own special way. She was good over all, and since Elaine had seen her defend a first year three years ago from bullying, she had gained some respect for the girl.

"So Ace, I heard you were talking about food" She turned towards him, revealing a rather playful grin, "How about you treat us to some burgers and fries to Celebrate Asahina's win?"

Joking aside though, she was starving after that session with the first years. They had totally drained the best of her, as she toured them around. Thankfully, she was done with the Students' Assistance committee duties and can now enjoy her time.

"So guys, what do you think about the new Magical Combat Professor?"

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Vera watched the younger students go about one another as they made the trek back to the festival. Ah, to be young and carefree, and misused by older students. It was all in good fun, honestly; though she knew she'd have to pick someone with more gall, who would at least stand still.

"It would seem that Loveless does not lie. How fare you, Goddess?"

Licking her lips, Vera paused in her steps as she turned to the familiar voice. She thought about the question and eyed the book warily and took another bite of the apple. "As awesome as it sounds, I don't think I'd ever want to be Goddess of this world." She replied half heartedly as she continued walking. "I'm fine with just being Vera. For now anyway."

After gobbling down the rest of the apple, she tossed the core into the bushes and yawned, putting her arms behind her head as she eyed the bookworm. "Honestly, I'm just waiting for the actual fun to start. I want this year to be a really, really good one. I'm surprised to see you out of the library, Terry." She joked as she put her arms behind her head. "Bored, so bored, bored. Now what to do, what to do...?"

Kingdomkeylight

Awards
"Out of the lab aye," Kevin chuckled for falling for the simple trick. Looking at the board he waved a hand causing the hologram to vanish, it had been awhile since someone had said that to him. Looking at the completed screen project the green haired scientist sighed,d after loosing to Athena's little trick the man felt a bit of disturbance, she was avoiding a thought one that she was about to tell before changing subjects.

"Ugh maybe I just need some air," throwing off the lab coat Kevin made his way to the elevator. Pushing the up button the scientist found himself trapped in his own thoughts. Current advances were going smooth, the lab was expecting two new weapons releases, the nanotech project was running smooth, hell he had just finished the seraph drive project, and school was finally about to start. Yet he still felt a bit odd, was it because of his mother about three years ago illness had taken his father. No that was'nt it she was doing fine.

"Maybe I have trapped myself in that lab a little to much... finally." Kevin exited the elevator located in the northern district of the school. Heading immediately outside the scientist felt the wind gently caress his face. The moon looked lovely as ever Mindanao reminding him of shivas fair skin though comparing a beauty like Shiva or even her twin sisters didn't seem like a far contest for the moon. Chuckling at the random thought during his outside walk turning to the left he noticed a group of students walking about one girl in particular looked like she had been just scared out of her mind. Raising a eyebrow it was shortly followed by a soft smile. Not to far was Vera lugging her rifle.

"Should have figured." Slowly taking to their direction Kevin slowly approached the pink haired girl before finally summoning his weapon and catching the apple core. Currently his weapon in its shamans staff form glowed lightly a kind light reflecting of his cloths from the staff. The students ahead of her shot up straight in attention some scared thinking they were in trouble others just because he was a teacher and one at the highest level. Picking up the apple he immediately noted the shot hole. At this point the student were all scared.

"So how far was the shot, I assume the modification to the barrel has helped out a bit?" Most of the students seemed shocked by the teachers questions most had probable expected him strict since only his students and students with advanced weapons were the only ones who ever really got to talk to him.

"Though I do remember last time shooting apples from atop students heads is a bit extreme don't you think?" The teacher still carried his soft smile all the while playing a balance act with the apple core.

"Ah Terry how have you been?"

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Rence just looks at the woman as she says what she wants regarding not only the new nickname and an answer to his question, but she also sneaks in the jibe about how he spends a good amount of time in the library. He admits that he spends a significant amount of time there, but that's only for the Literature Club. ..Okay so he does enjoy reading the vast quantities of books that they have. But that's because even the history books can be as entertaining as the most thrilling work of fiction. So he just shrugs at the comment but something still doesn't feel right.

Speaking of not feeling right, the two of them are joined by one of the teachers at the institute. The two students obviously know the man well considering that they both use rather advanced weaponry, and that tends to put them into good standing with them, but Rence likes to think that he has a good standing because he tends to find pleasure in reading about the man's various experiments and even puts in a few comments of his own. The only thing about this time is that Rence has no clue what the man is working on now. It's supposedly all hush-hush.

"Ignoring how much I don't like the name 'Terry,' everything is going fine for me, Professor. I had actually meant to come and see you about some augmentations to increase the range and accuracy of my gun mode."

With that in mind he pulls the weapon out of the holster and aims it at a tree. He throws in a small Fire spell and pulls the trigger. While he may specialize in the Fire field, he still can't help his accuracy while using the gun form of his weapon. As a result the blast of fire misses the tree completely and nearly takes off the hair of yet another first-year. The younger one stands there in shock for about half a second before suddenly running away screaming about how someone is trying to kill him. Rence just smiles as he puts the gun back into the holster and looks back to the other two, primarily Vera.

"I think this year promises to be very entertaining, Goddess."

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Diane didn’t enjoy Ace’s tone of voice. Especially that nonsense that Asahina could “benefit” from the attention. What an idiotic reasoning, then again this was Asbestos we were talking about, the so-called smooth talker that could pull off any trouble from him and to quickly rationalize his dumb decisions.

She looked back at Asahina who looked like a terrified small animal. It was partly due to Diane’s less-than-hospitable disposition, she should probably remedy that. The last thing that she wants is for Asahina to feel uncomfortable around her.

“Hi Angel-“ Diane’s eyes narrowed at the sound of her name and her stare intensified to demonic. Again, it was a complete accident but it was a bad habit of hers. She hated her name because it reminded her of those bad parents. Also it had been pretty bad being named Angel with looks like hers; she got made fun of a lot in school.

Before she could kill Asahina with her stare, Diane pinched between her eyes. It looked like an expression of annoyance, especially after Ace’s offer for food, but she was trying to fix her face.

“S’up Diane?”

That voice made Diane feel a little better and definitely less awkward. Looking up, Elaine just floated by with that care-free smile of hers. In some ways, Elaine reminded Diane of Ace. They’re both care-free and rather relaxed in nature. However, Ace makes Diane want to tear her hair out and fix that stupid look on his face. Elaine was tolerable and didn’t say stupid things.

Elaine’s mentioning of Asahina’s win reminded Diane just why she was upset with Ace. But she didn’t want to cause a ruckus here, she’ll deal with Ace later.

“Fine, I’ll let you treat us,” Diane conceded, but she deliberately glared at him to make a point, “But we aren’t done with this yet.”

Looking at Asahina and that trophy she held, she looked even smaller somehow. Although it didn’t look very heavy, it looks like a burden to carry. Diane stepped forward and quickly, but gently, took the trophy from her and held it with one hand. “I’ll hold it,” she said, promising that she isn’t mugging her.

“And to answer your question, I don’t know. I haven’t seen the new teach, though I heard of her. She must be good to be picked up at this time, I hope I’ll get along with her.”
As expected, Diane had a bit of a sour reputation amongst the teachers and hoped that this new one would be easier to get along with.

Awards
It was right after Ace mentioned food that Elaine showed up. Asahina jumped slightly as she was congratulated, almost tripping and tossing her trophy. "T-thank you Elaine..." She muttered, almost feeling guilty for actually taking the credit for this, though she had a feeling Elaine knew. She had been feeling nervous about winning in such a way, the consequences beating on her head like a diamond tipped hammer. She didn't even know of any repercussions there could be, but that didn't stop her from imagining hell fire and brimstone. In the back of her mind however, she didn't care, for as meek as she was displaying herself she was actually having fun.

"It was that obvious huh?" Ace gave a wobbly grin to Elaine as she playfully punched him. This was rather amusing to him in a way however, while he was chasing Asahina on the platform he planned to take a fall, he did NOT however plan to trip and faceplant right into Asahina's fist. His nose still kinda stinged...

"So Ace, I heard you were talking about food" It was at this point that Ace began to fear for his wallet, he hoped he had enough gil on him. "How about you treat us to some burgers and fries to Celebrate Asahina's win?" That didn't sound too bad actually, and it wouldn't empty his savings either. Diane agreed as well, and Ace caught the glare she gave him. Not done with this? He hoped she wasn't truly so upset, if she was then he wouldn't hid from her. He had to wonder if she was doing it more for Asahina's sake or to set him straight, perhaps both?

Asahina watched with shaky legs as Diane approached her, was she about to strike her over the use of the taboo name? She flinched as the trophy was taken from her hands, it was swift though she sensed no malice intent from it. "You don't have to carry-... umm, nevermind-thanks." She blushed over how sloppy her communication was, she wasn't even sure of what the heck she just said. She wanted to express thanks, as well as apologize for being so wary around her, Diane didn't deserve to be treated like some bully. With the trophy gone she went back to keeping her arms close to her chest and her hands close to her face, hovering just below her mouth in a show of a timid demeanor. They started to walk now, moving to a not too far off cafe.

"The new Magical Combat Professor... I hear she is a prodigy in the arcane arts, I look forward to learning from her. Ace commented, taking the time to answer Elaine. What do you think Asahina?" He directed the question to the azure haired girl. She simply twiddled with her thumbs for a bit before answering in an embarrassed tone.

"We're getting a new Professor?..." She really wasn't helping her stigma as an airhead. Thankfully they arrived at the cafe, so they wouldn't pay it too much mind.

Kingdomkeylight

Awards
"Actually Rence I wouldn't suggest shooting... to late," Kevin watched as Rence loaded a fire spell to add effect and power to the bullet only to end up missing his target and almost taking another student in the process. Staring at the scene as the student ran off yelling murder the professor couldn't help but face palm for a small moment. Thankfully no other teacher had been arround to see that.. or so he hoped anyways.

"Anyways I think the main problem is in spell choice really its very difficult to handle magic in connection with a combustible trigger... also that fire sort of launches the bullet before you really even aimed... ya about that." Kevin looking into the distance.

"So any big plans for this year?" The teacher asked in connection with his pretended acknowledgement of what had happened. In truth Kevin was surprised he hadn't ran into any of his actual students though his tier was still somewhat small he had a pretty good sized group of students joining his sessions. Hopefully like Fence had suggested something interesting would happen this year.

Yet even with this small conversation heading nicely and relaxing the man still couldn't shake off his thoughts towards Athena's worry she had explained nothing leaving the question in the air nothing like Kevin had really seen before, and the seraph drive though he had suggested it be built in at some point he would have never assumed it would be this soon five years maybe to tally the costs and resources but that bill didn't didn't even to raze her she wanted it added immediately. Almost like they would need it for coming days.

"What is putting her so on edge.. huh," Kevin noticed the stares of the two students clearly his last thought had escaped his lips," so much for relaxed breath of air. The single thought caused the teacher to sigh a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back