• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cloud or Zack?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
Something tells me that maybe 50% of the posters in here haven't even completed FF7, or at least followed the storyline.

Llamapox

What does that have to do with who we like better?

It means they don't get to see Cloud's full story, meaning they're just left with the impression of him being a random angsty character. Playing the full story lets you experience his proper character development. Something Zack really lacks.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
What does that have to do with who we like better?

He's probably not willing to accept the fact that others might not agree with him, so he would rather insult them by saying they don't know what they're talking about instead.

Last edited:

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
Also, while i'm here i'd just like to say something. I'm not trying to "insult" people with that comment, it was an observational summary. Almost everyone that has pointed out a 'bad' quality of Cloud's has clearly not read deeply enough into the storyline, or even just taken other people's first impressions and gone off that.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
It is better to say Zack is more charismatic; he is naturally bright and cheery. Cloud, on the other hand, is a much darker character who pretty much beats himself up a lot; that conflict he has with himself shows the depth of his character and his flaws, which makes him a good character since he is believable.

So, it's not "who is better", it's "which of the two examples do you like more".

I'm going to have to go with Cloud.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
He's probably not willing to accept the fact that others might not agree with him, so he would rather insult them by saying they donät know what they're talking about instead.

yeah, but you don't have good reasons for your choice either. His looks did not make him an iconic character. Every main FF character has some sort of unique look so how that comes in to choice isn't the best to go with.

I like both Cloud and Zack however Cloud's development was much more explored on. Not sure if i can really choose between the two.....

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Something tells me that maybe 50% of the posters in here haven't even completed FF7, or at least followed the storyline.

I completed FF7 a long time ago, and knew about the whole Zack deal way before playing Crisis Core. I still cried at his death scene, though.

I just find Zack's personality to be more attractive than Cloud's, as I tend to be more attracted to extroverted personality types.

Zdude2099

This one of those almighty questions in life.
It goes right up there with:
Vanilla or Chocolate?
Ketchup or Mustard?
Truth or Dare?
Soup or Salad?
Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Pebbles?
Surf or Turf?
Hamburgers or Hot dogs?
And now: Cloud or Zack?

It is a very close call, but I'm leaning towards Zack.
I enjoyed watching Zack grow and mature threw Crisis Core, his character is exponentially more likable than Cloud, he's easily relatable (we all have dreams we aspire to) and his final scene in crisis core was as epic as it gets for video games and I'm not afraid to admit i had even shed a tear or two over it.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Well, Cloud... it's pretty obvious that you're a fan of Cloud. Believe me, I've played through the game at least 5 times and I know the story by heart. I still prefer Zack. Like others have already pointed out, he's got a nice personality. Cloud is just a very dull character, just like Aerith, imo.

yeah, but you don't have good reasons for your choice either. His looks did not make him an iconic character.

First of all, I picked Zack over Cloud because of his personality, not his looks. And don't be silly. Of course Cloud's looks is one of the reasons why he became such an iconic character. That hair. That sword. His personality's got little to do with it. Same things goes for characters such as Mario and Lara Croft. But I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back