• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cloud or Zack?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It is like chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream. They're both great in their own ways. And they're even better with one on top of the other.

edit: okay I feel bad about that answer.

I love both of them. I love Cloud because he started out this angry and shy kid with nothing going for him, with no special talent or skill, who had to face the fact that he would never live his dreams, who tried so hard in the army because he wanted to show everyone what he was worth... And then he was fucked over by the corrupt system it was his dream to be a part of. He was badass through the first part of VII, sure, but he was much more than that. He grew and learned and changed from badass fighter, to insecure, to self-realisation, back to being badass but with a better cause, you could see it. I just loved him, full stop.

And that's why I love Zack too, funnily enough. Zack was the opposite; he was this bouncy, cheerful kid with talent coming out his ears, but he didn't let it go to his head. He was always willing to help people. And then the corrupt system broke him down until he was harder, more bitter, and more mature. I didn't really like the Angeal/Genesis/extra crap in Crisis Core, but I loved the curve of Zack's development. I loved him so much, it broke my heart to see him after Angeal died, more bitter and lean. He was a great friend to Cloud, and his death scene is one of the saddest things I've ever played.

I think loving and appreciating both Zack and Cloud helps you love the other. The way Zack took care of Cloud unquestioningly and died for him made me see and love that side of Zack's character, and the way Cloud reacts to the burden Zack places on him also makes me love Cloud more.

I don't think you can have one without the other. Bits of Zack are in Cloud, after all.

Last edited:

Stagnate Wolf

I like Cloud better than Zack, just because I like VII better than Crisis Core. Other than that fact, though I'd have to say they were even.

x3Advent

Cloud has a better design and probably a more in depth personality but overall I like Zack seeing as whatever Cloud thought he was was Zack anyway. Cloud has a bad ass sword in AC though...

FaithValor

I actually like them both eventough Cloud made me really annoyed at first. I hated him to be so angsty all the time.
After playing Crisis Core I suddenly lost every last bit of my "I hate Cloud"- thinking. He really has a reason to feel like
that, sad and cold. I mean, Zack was his best friend and made him to see the bright side of many things. But Zack died while
defending everything that was dear for him, Cloud included. Then there was Aerith. Cloud felt that he had to protect and take
care of Aerith for Zack. And then Sephiroth killed her. Things that were close to Cloud's heart were all taken away from him. So yeah,
he really has a reason to be like he is. And I like him nowadays, I appreciate how he has survived from many things.

Zack then on the other hand is always very cheerful and offering helping hand for those who need it. I really admire it how he knows where's the line between light and darkness and actually shows it. And also the fact that he is very compassionate. I mean he made mistakes and was not like: "I am perfect hero mwahahahaa!" And he never gave up and kept fighting for things that were dear for him.
That's why I like him ♥

Jakek9

I prefer Cloud. He realizes his mistakes, and didn't think he could handle him because he thought he failed on letting Aerith die. Not to mention his best buddy passed away. How would you feel? Not to mention he had this dream, that completely smashed him, once it was realized how corrupt it was. Plus Sephiroth keeps bugging the shit outta him! He can never officially just be gone.

And yet Cloud pulls through all this crap, and depression, and takes this stuff on anyways.

x3Advent

I just realised that playing CC before VII was a really bad idea, it made me laugh because of the fact you were living Zack's memory through Cloud during the Nibelheim incident.

Ryukashi17

I also played CC before VII, and I think it is partially what caused me to not like the original VII all that much. I personally say Zack over Cloud and to me it just seemed like you connected to the characters in CC more than VII.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I just realised that playing CC before VII was a really bad idea, it made me laugh because of the fact you were living Zack's memory through Cloud during the Nibelheim incident.
damm was I angry there, I was so convinced they had changed the story and really hated CC for a couple of days. but I don't regret it, to be honest I can't remember one time I've been so sad in a game as when midgard exploded. Damm those shinra who destroyed the place I've spent hours and hours to protect and they did it like nothing just to get ridd of me and some mates, damm!

Xenin

Banned
I've always been a type of person who enjoys life and is happy with whatever is thrown at me. SO to see the way Zack was in Crisis Core made me love his character. He is strong though he's lost everything and everything he was fighting for. I'm not saying Cloud doesn't have a reason to be sad but if you look at Zack then him you can obviously see who's happier. Also if you think about it, Zack lost just as much as CLoud if not more. He lost his master who was like his father, not to mention he had to kill him. He was betrayed by the company he gave so much for. He was screwed over in many ways. But in the end he always kept a positive outlook on his life. He kept positive.
Now CLoud does have a reason to be sad..but he stays the same even after 7. If you watch advent children he still is a loner who wants to be left alone. While I'm not sure if he gets over that in the end I'm not sure. But you also have to think how many positive influence Cloud had! He had all those people behind him helping him and being his friend. Zack's only friend was CLoud really. Everyone else vetrayed him or died. Even with that CLoud stayed relatively emo as Zack stayed happy while still growing and becoming more mature.
In the end what I'm trying to say is, CLoud is a good character but is kind of stubborn to changing his emotions.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Now CLoud does have a reason to be sad..but he stays the same even after 7. If you watch advent children he still is a loner who wants to be left alone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Advent Children and FVII actually had different writers. I think for the sake of drama in the movie, they sort of rewound Cloud's character development. Actually I'm pretty sure that the original game isn't even counted as part of the 'FFVII Compilation'.

So yeah, I don't really count the movie as completely canon. I mean they got the colours of the materia wrong, and implied it was possible to drive a motorbike from Midgar to the Forgotten City :/

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I like them both. I dont really think I like one over another though I think Id give this one to Zack since I like his design better.

And, lack of a poll is hurting the idea behind this thread.

Sheireen

It is like chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream. They're both great in their own ways. And they're even better with one on top of the other.

edit: okay I feel bad about that answer.

I love both of them. I love Cloud because he started out this angry and shy kid with nothing going for him, with no special talent or skill, who had to face the fact that he would never live his dreams, who tried so hard in the army because he wanted to show everyone what he was worth... And then he was fcuked over by the corrupt system it was his dream to be a part of. He was badass through the first part of VII, sure, but he was much more than that. He grew and learned and changed from badass fighter, to insecure, to self-realisation, back to being badass but with a better cause, you could see it. I just loved him, full stop.

And that's why I love Zack too, funnily enough. Zack was the opposite; he was this bouncy, cheerful kid with talent coming out his ears, but he didn't let it go to his head. He was always willing to help people. And then the corrupt system broke him down until he was harder, more bitter, and more mature. I didn't really like the Angeal/Genesis/extra crap in Crisis Core, but I loved the curve of Zack's development. I loved him so much, it broke my heart to see him after Angeal died, more bitter and lean. He was a great friend to Cloud, and his death scene is one of the saddest things I've ever played.

I think loving and appreciating both Zack and Cloud helps you love the other. The way Zack took care of Cloud unquestioningly and died for him made me see and love that side of Zack's character, and the way Cloud reacts to the burden Zack places on him also makes me love Cloud more.

I don't think you can have one without the other. Bits of Zack are in Cloud, after all.

Great and true post :D
Both are great in their own way

King Thanatos

Lol...every final fantasy characters has there ups and downs...I just thought it was just a matter i
of who likes who better...I didn't realize it was about who's better than the other....o_O

well I like Zack cause he has black hair...xD

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
Beat both FF7 and CC so i can gladly say that i like them both, but I just prefer Zack more

Xenin

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Advent Children and FVII actually had different writers. I think for the sake of drama in the movie, they sort of rewound Cloud's character development. Actually I'm pretty sure that the original game isn't even counted as part of the 'FFVII Compilation'.

So yeah, I don't really count the movie as completely canon. I mean they got the colours of the materia wrong, and implied it was possible to drive a motorbike from Midgar to the Forgotten City :/

If thats right then I take back a few things. but alot still stands. Cloud had more friends then Zack but still hated life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back