• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Call of Duty 4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Cerberus

\\'arrior Lacrosse.
Awards
I haven't seen any thread on this lately so eh.

I just picked this up 3 days ago with my ps3 to give it a shot to see how it was. Not bad, I played single player and it took me 2 days of playing it to beat single player. Now I just wanna play online. So anyone play it online? :/

Tatsu

I haven't played it online yet. I have a 360. I have played the single player and it blew me away. It was one of the best shooting game stories ever. The battles and everything was intense. Definitely worthy of being called Game of the Year.

Stark

Bronze Member
I play online with my ps3. Its real fun to play but hard in the beggining since alot of ppl already know how to REALLY play. But once you get the hang of it you'll be killing alot. My psn id is tj92 im usually on at night and sometimes in the day if im bored enough

Rix

:)
Awards
My boyfriend is playing the game online on 360 all the time,hehe! It's not my kind of game, but it looks good and I have heard many good things about it :)

J

jgtufballssss

Really interesting? I just ordered the Call of Duty 4 for PS3 at a deal price of $57
How do any of you think of it? or if i should get one for xbox 360 or others?

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Call of Duty 4 is the most overrated game for the 360, IMO. This is because IT'S BASICALLY THE SAME thing as the previous installments, just set in modern times with newer weapons. And the story is the same as most tactical-warfare shooting games, "lawlz itz teh terrowritz, we have to stop them lawlz!"

Definitely not better than Halo 3, IMO. Story-wise, it's about 2% better than Halo 3, but Multiplayer-wise, Halo 3 is much better. AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME. I would personally recommend this game to a TW Shooting fanatic, but I would ask them if they would want to buy mine.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
This is because IT'S BASICALLY THE SAME thing as the previous installments, just set in modern times with newer weapons. And the story is the same as most tactical-warfare shooting games, "lawlz itz teh terrowritz, we have to stop them lawlz!"

LMFAO.

Sorry, the majority of war games are not set in modern times.
If you played the game, you would realize that it is a work of art. No other game ever makes you feel as much of a connection to the war going on in the middle east than this heart-stopping thriller.

It's the fact that it PERFECTS the shooter-genre that makes it so awesome. It's beyond realism. It's like you're in the warzone yourself.

If you're saying it's like Call of Duty 2? Then that's not a bad thing at all. Whatsoever.
Call of Duty 3, however, as you probably didn't know, was not developed by Infinity Ward and sucked, so don't compare it to that.

Definitely not better than Halo 3, IMO. Story-wise, it's about 2% better than Halo 3, but Multiplayer-wise, Halo 3 is much better. AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME. I would personally recommend this game to a TW Shooting fanatic, but I would ask them if they would want to buy mine.

Go on most gaming websites and award shows and see which game got GOTY.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
I HAVE played the game. If I DIDN'T, I WOULDN'T have said that the Story is 2% better than Halo 3. And I believe BioShock was actually the game the was GOTY on most gaming websites and award shows.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
And I believe BioShock was actually the game the was GOTY on most gaming websites and award shows.

Ah, that too.
True that I actually remember hearing a lot about Bioshock winning, but I also heard quite a few Call of Duty 4 won. There was an award show a couple of weeks ago, and Infinity Ward was thrilled to have won console game of the year (over Bioshock and Mario Galaxy). XD

Subtly Inspiring
Call of Duty 4 is the most overrated game for the 360, IMO. This is because IT'S BASICALLY THE SAME thing as the previous installments, just set in modern times with newer weapons. And the story is the same as most tactical-warfare shooting games, "lawlz itz teh terrowritz, we have to stop them lawlz!"

Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3

Wait, what? lol

And CoD4 is amazing. The story mode is absolutely beautiful, and you do form a connection with your two main characters, and when halfway through the game your british guy gets tanked, you start to realize that while it's war and you're a hero, war doesn't always end happily, like every other game in the genre insists.

ZC, if you play over PSN send me an invite sometime. My PSN is rayarpeggio.

Just as Planned

INTERNET FIGHT

Fun game, brilliant usage of IW's modified Quake 3 engine here. Storytelling was excellent, 'a shame story was disgusting Clancy bullshit. Otherwise, missions played in order of occurrence within the plot rather than which of the <slash>three</slash> two playable national armies leads to much tighter narrative, told excellently. On par with motion picture, almost.

Dissatisfied with the weapon selection and the portrayal of arms (SO I HEARD YOU LIKE HK LEAF SIGHTS ON P90 AND GENERALS OF THE ARMY EVERYWHERE) and the "NATO WINS!" complex that is even worse than Nazi hate from the two (There was no such thing as Call of Duty 3) previous installments. Otherwise, good game. It's not like this half-assed post is going to get me motivated to play, though.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
CoD4 is in my opinion the best shooter that the PS3 has right now. Resistance was always amazing but when you played the servers contain so many players lagging and crap. But CoD4 you hardly see anyone actually lag like they do in Resistance. Also CoD4 seems faster pace game than any other game. Warhawk is fast but most of the big time action happens in planes.

I will be up for a tournment i was thinking about suggesting one myself. Maybe since people have different time zones and everything you set a 1 week limit on matches or something like that. But I think there would have to be at least 8 people willing to play.

Rix

:)
Awards
Kingdoom911 seems like the other CoD4 thread was deleted when I wrote in it ;P But are you playing it on 360 or ps3?

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
uh dont mind me saying this but i think the game sucks
i find it boring as hell and from what ive played it has no real point
but hey, im just stating my opinion

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
anyone willing to get smashed on PS3 in this game i am all up for it. I will show off the skill that has already smashed two others. If theres going to be a tournement try to say what system you have and maybe someone will record it i guess.

Right now what i see for PS3:
me (blinkboy211)
Twilight93 (i assume)
tj923 (damn i most likely got his name wrong)
If more say so cause i think we need at least 5 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back