• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep Capes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firaga013

In the trailer for Birth By Sleep, Terra Aqua and Ven have the nice big capes. I think they were cut because of lagging issues in the game, but would you have liked them? Or are you an Incredibles person and say it's better without them?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
They were cut out because of lagging. But I think Birth by Sleep would have been even more boss with capes.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I honestly don't care. They would be nice to see in the cutscenes, but I'd rather not have to deal with them flying around all over the place in battle because it is very distracting.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It would have been nice...if they had the room on the disk without the lagging, it would have been a nice option to choose if you want the capes on or off. :|

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Capes or any long drapery are notoriously difficult to program convincingly, so it's not surprising that they were cut.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, Nomura said they had to cut them because of game lag. :'(
I do hope to see them wearing the capes in later games on consoles that can handle the animations.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
even if there were room for them, i would prefer them not being there. for most of the gameplay your view of the character is the back, and that brings an oppurtunity for a swaying cape to leave some areas blind, cover the keyblade, and cover the design of the armor, leaving a bland cape to stare at.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It wouldn't have been bland. Dissidia 012 has a lot of capes and it doesn't cover up much or look bland at all. In KH it probably would have, which is why if it had been in the technical bounds of the PSP to have capes, they could have easily turned the feature on and off. -shrugs-

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Capes would have been interesting but I don't think they wanted to go through the hassle

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Would have been nice if they had kept the capes, but would have been too distracting so probably for the best. This actually makes me wonder what No Heart and Armor of the Master would have looked like with capes. Actually on second thought no it doesn't.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Actually, they only caused lagging issues in Mirage Arena. That's the main reason I have a problem with it. Not only are they more aesthetically pleasing (Capeless makes them look like power rangers), but it was a needless retcon to remove the cape from the Lingering Sentiment. They should have just had the capes during the story, but they could have been removed in the Mirage Arena.

And to the people saying it's too difficult, they didn't seem to have a problem in Dissidia, where tons of different characters used capes.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
(Capeless makes them look like power rangers).

In Power Rangers Mystic Force, the Ranger had capes...and they were pretty cool. I have to say, capes are only a flashy element in the end, but if they ever made KH on the PS3 or 360, where lag wouldn't be a problem, I would love capes. I think if a company can make things flow very nicely, you know they are good at graphics. (Bayonetta's hair is extremely well made)

Gram

Banned
Awards
whats with people and the damn capes....all it did was add to terra's batman look also does no one remember the incredibles!?

Arimith

They don't even wear armor except for like one battle, and the rest is cutscenes.

But that being said, I don't think I'd of minded them removing the capes all that much, except for the BbS intro still shows them in their capes! Cmon, Nomura. Either make a totally new intro for the game, or at least retcon right...

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I would've liked to see them in their capes. That'd be boss

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
whats with people and the damn capes....all it did was add to terra's batman look also does no one remember the incredibles!?

I'm pretty sure TAV didn't have to be worried about their capes getting caught on rockets, elevator shafts, turbines, or vortexes lol Also, I would love it if TAV came back and needed new armor, so they went to Edna Mode <3

Arimith

I'm pretty sure TAV didn't have to be worried about their capes getting caught on rockets, elevator shafts, turbines, or vortexes lol Also, I would love it if TAV came back and needed new armor, so they went to Edna Mode <3

BisonYes.jpg

If this doesn't happen in 3D or KH3 I will be so disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back