• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep Capes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
whats with people and the damn capes....all it did was add to terra's batman look also does no one remember the incredibles!?

Now do you see my #1 reason for wanting some goddamn capes!?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If the capes caused ANY lag at all, then no.

I agree with you, but the problem is, it wouldn't have caused lag. They pulled it off perfectly in Dissidia, and with all of the extra time they had, they could have pulled it off just as well, but it was too much hassle appearently.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I agree with you, but the problem is, it wouldn't have caused lag. They pulled it off perfectly in Dissidia, and with all of the extra time they had, they could have pulled it off just as well, but it was too much hassle appearently.

Just because it happened in one game doesn't mean it could happen in another. As Nomura said for the US verison, the UMD was pretty much packed, and when you versed Maleficent's dragon form with Aqua and Prince Phillip, SE had to remove some polygons from the thorns to reduce slowdown. If they couldn't have some polygons on one cutscene and battle, what makes you think a smooth-flying cape during all armor scenes and battles wouldn't have caused any problems.

Dissidia's UMD may not have been as packed (I don't think it was, the game itself didn't have as much content to me) and adding capes wouldn't have caused slowdown.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Just because it happened in one game doesn't mean it could happen in another. As Nomura said for the US verison, the UMD was pretty much packed, and when you versed Maleficent's dragon form with Aqua and Prince Phillip, SE had to remove some polygons from the thorns to reduce slowdown. If they couldn't have some polygons on one cutscene and battle, what makes you think a smooth-flying cape during all armor scenes and battles wouldn't have caused any problems.

Dissidia's UMD may not have been as packed (I don't think it was, the game itself didn't have as much content to me) and adding capes wouldn't have caused slowdown.

Alright, but if it was so packed, I don't see how they managed to pack even more into a damn Final Mix. I think that Dream Drop Distance should be able to support capes, if they add them, that is.

kupo1121

Awards
Alright, but if it was so packed, I don't see how they managed to pack even more into a damn Final Mix.

I have always wondered the same thing. I mean, adding one more boss may have been difficult to do for Final Mix, but adding 3 more that weren't even in the US one, and a whole new episode -__-

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I have always wondered the same thing. I mean, adding one more boss may have been difficult to do for Final Mix, but adding 3 more that weren't even in the US one, and a whole new episode -__-

And don't forget the two-three new Keyblades and the new Command Style.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't think keyblades or command styles really affect it as much...but they are also there on top of those things.

With each new Keyblade and Command Style, they have to reanimate each new character, only with the new Keyblade or Command style. It makes a pretty big difference.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They were able to fit all of Duodecim onto the one disk, the first Dissidia and then all the extra's. It would have been incredibly easy to include capes.

And I can't believe no one mentioned that all of the main characters of Type-0 have capes and that game is huge. Though it is spread over two UMD's.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
As Nomura said for the US verison, the UMD was pretty much packed, and when you versed Maleficent's dragon form with Aqua and Prince Phillip, SE had to remove some polygons from the thorns to reduce slowdown.

They didn't remove a few simple polygons. I don't remember which site, it might have been Gameinformer, Gamespot, or 1Up, but I remember reading reading several articles/interviews with people involved with the development of Birth By Sleep. One of them so happened to be about the art and whatnot, and they showed before and after shots of Sleep Beauty's World. They were forced to remove almost all traces of thorns within the world due to HORRENDOUS lag. The difference between the shots was pretty noticeable.

kupo1121

Awards
They didn't remove a few simple polygons. I don't remember which site, it might have been Gameinformer, Gamespot, or 1Up, but I remember reading reading several articles/interviews with people involved with the development of Birth By Sleep. One of them so happened to be about the art and whatnot, and they showed before and after shots of Sleep Beauty's World. They were forced to remove almost all traces of thorns within the world due to HORRENDOUS lag. The difference between the shots was pretty noticeable.

I said some as I didn't remember how many and I wanted to avoid saying a lot or a little xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back