• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are you jumping ship after KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

thedairyfairy

Re: Are you jumping off ship after KH3?

I honestly don't know if I'm going to. For starters, I was 10 or 11 years old when the first KH came out. At this point, I'm a 20 year old man, and who the fuck knows when KH III will come out, much less a game AFTER KH III. I really don't see myself being 30 playing a new kingdom hearts game, or at least obsessing about it in the manner that I do at this point. That aside, the newest story-related developments shown in KH 3D have really got me disappointed. If KH III doesn't deliver, as sad as it may be for me personally, I might actually have to jump ship.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

No, I am here to stay with this series for now, until they manage to disappoint me greatly. Then I may have to reconsider. I guess what I am saying is, as long as the games continue to be enjoyable, I will keep playing them.

sdr08

The stuff in KH3D aside, I will remain a fan regardless because this game was love at first sight for me. As soon as I saw the comercial for KH1 I knew I had to have it. I spent weeks and weeks until my birthday just looking at the back of the box in the game stores. Then on my birthday I got KH1 and it has been my favorite video game series from that point onwards and will continue to be until the die the big guy above calls me away.

So yeah I'm a KH fan for life.

same here... Kh has helped me through hard times of my life, so im a fan forever lol

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

I feel like KH III won't ever actually be a thing at all. Honestly, I feel like they're just gonna continue the story with portable subtitled games for as long as long as it takes. I just don't feel like there's any kind of plan to make KH III real. It's a f.ucking joke that Nomura talks about the future after the Xehanort saga. It really takes some balls to make a remark like that when development for KH III hasn't even begun after nearly 7 years because he's too busy trying to break FF Versus XIII out from purgatory. If it wasn't for the fact that the execs at SE are forcing him to at least continue the series because it's a money maker, I don't think these cutesy midquels and prequels and bridge games would've even existed at all.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

No, I am here to stay with this series for now, until they manage to disappoint me greatly. Then I may have to reconsider. I guess what I am saying is, as long as the games continue to be enjoyable, I will keep playing them.

Yeah this might be a likely scenario for me as well. But I trust Square Enix is generally consistent with making good games; at least I think so.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

Yes. After Kh3..it's OVA.

In my honest opinion, the story is poop, after this saga I'm just going to cut off from the games.

Shinjuku

Entrapment

@ Ovafaze

I agree with you, but one thing I will say I grew up with this series so I'll keep and eye on it later on I just can't see myself being 34 still playing this series.

sdr08

I feel like KH III won't ever actually be a thing at all. Honestly, I feel like they're just gonna continue the story with portable subtitled games for as long as long as it takes. I just don't feel like there's any kind of plan to make KH III real. It's a f.ucking joke that Nomura talks about the future after the Xehanort saga. It really takes some balls to make a remark like that when development for KH III hasn't even begun after nearly 7 years because he's too busy trying to break FF Versus XIII out from purgatory. If it wasn't for the fact that the execs at SE are forcing him to at least continue the series because it's a money maker, I don't think these cutesy midquels and prequels and bridge games would've even existed at all.

yeah, I can understand your frustration, what irks me is the spread of KH on different consoles. I mean you have to have at least 1000 or 1500 to play the entire series to just to understand the series. I mean you wont understand KH3 unless you played BBS and KH3D. if they were main games then put them on home consoles. and if people cant afford it, thats why we have youtube :), i just hope the next saga is on one console.

Hecxy

Website
www.facebook.com

Until the series does something that just really makes me unhappy, I'll stay on the ship.
And I'll go down with my shipping ships, too.

Though not gonna lie, I really don't want Kairi to be any big character in the future and hopefully it wouldn't turn me off the series too much.

Though for all we know, the apocalypse might happen before KHIII comes out.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards

I'm sticking with this thing until they put the very last title out. Even if I didn't get to actually play it until 2004, I've been a fan since I saw the first trailers, and I'll continue being a fan even after the final set of credits roll. The system hopping's a little annoying yes, but I actually like the portable titles, and I hope they release the console titles to the PSN eventually.

AlbertJ

Awards

As long as I'm playing video games, I am pretty sure I will be playing KH.

Youniquee

Awards

It depends. I don't know how long I'll keep gaming for. But if the games still have nice quality and the plot is still interesting, I don't see why I wouldn't keep on playing the series.
I feel like this has been brought up before lol

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

To me, it'll really depend on how they finish the current saga, which characters are taken over into the next saga and how severe the console spread will still be in the new storyline.
That said however, I will certainly postphone my decision until the current storyline is brought to a close. One step at a time so to say.

@Youni: Yep, this was definitely brought up before, lol.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

To me, it'll really depend on how they finish the current saga, which characters are taken over into the next saga and how severe the console spread will still be in the new storyline.
That said however, I will certainly postphone my decision until the current storyline is brought to a close. One step at a time so to say.

@Youni: Yep, this was definitely brought up before, lol.

The way I see it since the game after KH3 will be the start of the next saga then shouldn't that mean the game after KH3 will be KH4? After all it wouldn't seem right to start a new saga with anything but a numbered title. Unless they plan to make side games to go back and cover some stuff left unexplained in the Xehanort saga, which would mean such games would be a part of the Xehanort saga. But I would hope everything that isn't going to be explained in KH3 (Except for things they may purposely leave unexplained because it ties into the next saga) would be explained before KH3.

Anyways I think introducing an organization type of group that isn't antagonistic but actually helps Sora or is some sort of anti-hero group and then comes to side with Sora, would be interesting for the next saga. I also think that Namine's unexplained existence would also be something to explore in the next saga as well. However I think if they plan on introducing any more new enemy types then it needs to be in KH3 with an enemy of light (Perhaps lesser nobodies who have become whole but lack the strength to become human and so end up as monsters instead. Because they are still whole beings though they are monsters from the realm of light) this would complete the trinity of main enemies (Heartless - Realm of Darkness, Nobodies - Realm Between, Whole Being Monsters - Realm of Light). But after that I think they shouldn't introduce anymore main enemy types. But side enemy types are still okay (Like the Unversed and Dream Eaters) since they don't have much affect on the over all story and usually are only there for one game.

Although Nomura may take the easy way out, if Xehanort is succesful in reorganizing the worlds like what happened at the end of the Keyblade War then the laws of the universe may change in a way that allows Nomura to throw out old concepts from the Xehanort saga and replace them with new ones. This isn't cheap if done the right way, it would give a reason to introduce a new way to travel between worlds, the set up of the worlds would be different which would be interesting, and perhaps heartless could be affected by evolving into more advanced forms while still being heartless.

There are a number of possibilities for Nomura to take with the story after KH3.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I've been playing it since I was four years old, I love it and I'm going to finish it.

I'll try and shed tears of joy with my dried-up tear ducts when I get the final game on day one, after my aid helps me out of my car and into the store in my wheelchair.

sdr08

to those who think they are too old to play it after the saga...then play it when you have kids and play it with them, thats how I got into video games when I was young

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back