• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Anyone with braces

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rix

:)
Awards
well.. to all of you that have braces or gonna have braces I just wanna tell you this: Even if it's painful it's totally worth it! You will be so happy with your teeth after the braces are of that you just want to smile all the time! When I see old pics of me and how my teeth used to look like I'm just thinking that I'm so glad that I had braces and have beautiful teeth today. So it's worth the pain!

Gullwing Yunie

perfectFIT//
Website
freckleyunie.deviantart.com
well.. to all of you that have braces or gonna have braces I just wanna tell you this: Even if it's painful it's totally worth it! You will be so happy with your teeth after the braces are of that you just want to smile all the time! When I see old pics of me and how my teeth used to look like I'm just thinking that I'm so glad that I had braces and have beautiful teeth today. So it's worth the pain!

Quoted for truth.

I actually did nothing when I got my braces tightened. But yeah, definitely don't eat anything you have to chew, because that just makes it a lot worse. And try to avoid getting hit in the mouth, too. Believe me, that hurts.

After you get them tightened, how do you deal with the pain?!
THIS F***ING HURTS!!!!!!!! I want to cry right now I'm in so much pain. (And yes, I took probably more than the healthy dose of tylonol) Do you do anything else to help? Because this is getting annoying.
P.S: And you idiots without braces that are probably going to say I'm a crybaby, before you say anything, getting braces tightened is like getting a tooth pulled over and over and OVER again for about three days! So unless you've felt that pain, you shouldn't say anything. Just so you know, because I'm not in the mood to argue with slow people.

This is my second time having braces, and I'm happy that I can get them off in 8 weeks(August 12). I just went to the orthodontist today, if you can believe it.

How I deal with it: Well, for me, it ain't that bad. I don't think that they have honestly tightened mine to much. It they do, it just feels uncomfortable.

Anyway, yeah, tylenol is really all that you can do. I wish that I could help more.

Also, getting rubber bands was what really hurt me. I was sore for about a month.

But, like all things with braces, you just have to get used to it.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards

Hopefully my bottom teeth will turn out better than the first time I had my top braces done. My teeth came out all "scarred" and I have white spots on them. Wasn't a really problem for them to stick the brackets right back where the old ones were since they were outlined by the scars. But yeah, before I had my top braces done, they looked HORRIBLE, and after I got them off the first time, they didn't look too bad even though they were scarred.

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
I actually did nothing when I got my braces tightened. But yeah, definitely don't eat anything you have to chew, because that just makes it a lot worse. And try to avoid getting hit in the mouth, too. Believe me, that hurts.
lol, trust me, I know, I have Tai Kwon Doe classes! XD I've been hit sooooo many times it's not even funny!
Suck it up.
Dude, STFU because now, my parents goddamned lost the fricken tylenol! Honestly, do you have braces? I would honestly prefer PMS all month! Plus, my orthodontist tightens the crap out of my teeth! Ow. Remember gap this big - - getting pulled by metal.
Anyway, now that that rant is over... are you allowed to have pop? Because, I'm the only one with braces in my school that can't have pop. Or even ice cubes!!!! WTF?

Gullwing Yunie

perfectFIT//
Website
freckleyunie.deviantart.com
There were heaps of things that I couldn't eat when I had braces. I couldn't have ice cream, or anything that was really cold. I also couldn't eat anything that would stick to my braces.

Most other people I know that had/have braces could still eat most things. Didn't really bother me, because I ended up having mine on for only 16 months whereas everybody else had theirs on for 2-3 years, if not more.

Just out of curiosity, when are you getting yours off?

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
7 months? Plus a year and ten months? Psh...try 8 years. I remember having some pain whenever I got my braces tightened, but it was never as excruciating as you seem to be going through. After a couple of days it just wore off...

You can't have pop? Why not? I couldn't have gum or peanuts, but those were for legitimate reasons, but...pop? 0_o

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I'm not supposed to drink Coke. But then no one is. Everyone just does it anyway.

Honestly, you should get used to getting your braces tightened. It doesn't hurt that much. If anything, I find it more irratating than painful. Mainly because it hurts when I eat.

But what I usually do when I get my braces tightened, is I take two pills of Nurofen (ibuprofen) and Panadol (paracetemol). I don't know names they're under in America, but just look for ibuprofen and paracetemol. You can take two of each as directed since they're different drugs, so you get double the effect with no risk of overdosing.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Make sure you don't have a weak stomach though, ibuprofen sometimes has some side effects on people with weak stomachs. Nothing really dangerous, but having a stomach ache for the rest of the day doesn't help either.

You can't have pop? Why not? I couldn't have gum or peanuts, but those were for legitimate reasons, but...pop? 0_o

Everybody at my school seems to think that you can't have popcorn. Which my orthodontists told me I could have. But, then again, everyone at school chews gum, whether they have braces or not. I'm like the the only one that doesn't.

But, yeah, the real pain comes when you get rubber bands. Trust me. Tightening always just felt uncomfortable for me. Never freally hurt.

Also, when you first get braces, aren't the first couple days hell? I swear, it took me just about an hour to eat a small fry from McDonald's.

D

Deleted member 36435

Make sure you don't have a weak stomach though, ibuprofen sometimes has some side effects on people with weak stomachs. Nothing really dangerous, but having a stomach ache for the rest of the day doesn't help either.
It can also cause bleeding if you any stomach related diseases.

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
Everybody at my school seems to think that you can't have popcorn. Which my orthodontists told me I could have. But, then again, everyone at school chews gum, whether they have braces or not. I'm like the the only one that doesn't.

But, yeah, the real pain comes when you get rubber bands. Trust me. Tightening always just felt uncomfortable for me. Never freally hurt.

Also, when you first get braces, aren't the first couple days hell? I swear, it took me just about an hour to eat a small fry from McDonald's.
They said you could have popcorn?! NO WAY! I'm not even allowed ICE CUBES!!! ICE CUBES!!!!!!!!!
And yea, I have rubber bands on top of it all! I'm not even wearing them right now, (I'll start tomorrow, it hurts too much to have the rubber bands on top of it.)
And so true, I was eating soup for a week... and even THAT was painful... don't ask me how but it was. I think my parents hate me because the first day they gave me steak! XD.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
It's been a couple years, but I don't remember it hurting me.

I got lucky, I suppose.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
It wasn't even irritating.

The only irritation I ever had was trying to wear my retainers after seven months without them.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I never bothered wearing mine.

There's no difference that I can discern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back