• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Anyone with braces

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
After you get them tightened, how do you deal with the pain?!
THIS F***ING HURTS!!!!!!!! I want to cry right now I'm in so much pain. (And yes, I took probably more than the healthy dose of tylonol) Do you do anything else to help? Because this is getting annoying.
P.S: And you idiots without braces that are probably going to say I'm a crybaby, before you say anything, getting braces tightened is like getting a tooth pulled over and over and OVER again for about three days! So unless you've felt that pain, you shouldn't say anything. Just so you know, because I'm not in the mood to argue with slow people.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Ugh... the topic of braces. I luckily don't need braces, but my best friend needed to get them tightened so many times. He surprisingly seemed to take the pain well. If you want, I'll call him later and ask what he did to ignore the pain.

Rix

:)
Awards
I had braces and I know it hurts:( Don't know what helps. Just eat food you don't have to chew.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Well, I don't have braces...

I was a youngin' when my older sister had them, and I remember that she used to get ice cream whenever she wanted it after having her braces tightened. I was very jealous, but I didn't really know that it hurt her very badly.

Try ice cream? D: Good luck, it's the best I can come up with.

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
well, mine have been removed, but every month I would take painkillers and eat some of the less solid foods
ie: smoothies, apple sauce, mashed potatoes XD
I personally used Ibuprofen (Motrin etc.), but you may prefer a different drug.

[Also, make sure you get black rings when they tighten your braces, it doesn't help the pain at all, but looks damn cooler than f*cking glow in the dark, or some other piece of shit color XD]

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
It doesn't hurt that much. A little uncomfortable I guess.
It kind of depends on how bad the teeth are. From the time I started losing teeth, I had two that never grew back. (It wasn't my fault either so STFU lol) So I have a giant gap about this wide - - (Actual size of gap :D) So it hurts very badly.
But I would say instead of Tylenol, try Motrin. (much better pain killer)
But my parents lost the other things (And they call me scatter brained *tsk tsk tsk*

Try ice cream? D: Good luck, it's the best I can come up with.
Hmm, I actually tried it, it does work! Probably because it's so cold. Anyway. Thank you! And everyone else for the info and for not saying I'm a crybaby! :D

Rix

Awards
Unfortunately, this is usually a monthly affair.
So yeah, once a month you'll be in pain for a few days.
Possibly the closest experience dudes may have to having their period XD

Trust me, it isn't really comparable xD

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
damnn... that sucks. i know how you feel. >.> i have braces but i'm used to them already. my teeth are more inside than out. try eating something soft, ice cream, or milk ?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i don't think that would help. i don't think she's used to the braces right now or getting used to them again when they're retightened. if she did bite someone, she would hurt herself.

Rix

Awards
well for me, I never got used to tighten my braces :( It was painful everytime.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Oooh, braces. Won't get mine off until January...or later. What I do is take a pill of Ibuprofen and then take it easy with eating. Pain probably last from a couple of hours to a couple of days, but it'll stop real soon. Hurt me when I got my bottom braces on and they didn't even tighten them (I've got top and bottom, but now I got both. Have had top braces before though, so they don't bother me as much). Now they're all messed up cause the back brackets fell off, a wire was poking at me for weeks until it broke off. TT_TT I'm going to have one hell of an appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back