• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Animal Crossing (City Folk or Wild World)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

otakudemon13

All Animal Crossing players and lovers should come here to talk about anything related or ask for help on the game. Please enjoy yourselves. =^.^=

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I have recently become re-obsessed with this series. I have been playing City Folk everyday for like the past couple weeks. I also can't wait for the 3DS version!

So how come you specified only Wild World or City Folk? I mean I don't have the gamecube version myself, but I'm sure other people do.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Been a long time fan of Animal Crossing.

I miss the ghost we used to have in the GameCube version, that you had to help out finding the pieces of it on Halloween night and getting an award for it soon afterwards. Another thing I miss is the police station, regular grabage dump, and watching the animals perform yoga. Oh, just remembered I miss seeing Rover! Especially on the train. Rover was a long time favorite animal of mine :3

Can't remember if Gracie the giraffe shows up in her car at all in Wild World. Loved washing her car and getting those t-shirts from her.

On the otherhand, I really like City Folk because of the day it celebrates Easter. Most amusingest thing I've ever seen, bunny rabbits hopping around leaving eggs with weird music playing in the background. Like being able to change your hair color/style and being able to venture out into the city. Seeing more new animals I've yet to meet are fun too. I'll admit the updates are fantastic but I'll always miss what they left out or changed.

I spend a lot of my time playing Wild World the most compared to City Folk, since I can bring it anywhere with me. But, I do look forward to seeing what the new animal crossing on the 3ds is like. Wonder how are person will arrive in their new town this time?

Key Wielder

Awards
I had the GameCube version years ago, and I used to be addicted to it. There wasn't a whole lot to it, but there was something about just going around and trying to accomplish things that made the experience worthwhile. Like others have said, I can't wait for the 3DS version--it's been too long!

KingdomKey said:
I miss the ghost we used to have in the GameCube version, that you had to help out finding the pieces of it on Halloween night and getting an award for it soon afterwards. Another thing I miss is the police station, regular grabage dump, and watching the animals perform yoga. Oh, just remembered I miss seeing Rover! Especially on the train. Rover was a long time favorite animal of mine :3

I forgot all about those! Rover was the character who I loved and found to be a nuisance all at the same time. I used to make sure I was playing at just the right time when K.K. Slider would show up; if I remember correctly, he was only available at night for about an hour. I haven't played any of the other games, so I haven't been able to miss any of those things; hopefully they return in some way for the 3DS game.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I love Animal Crossing~ I've been playing it ever since it was released on the Gamecube. I can't wait for the 3DS version.

Another thing I miss is the police station, regular grabage dump, and watching the animals perform yoga. Oh, just remembered I miss seeing Rover! Especially on the train. Rover was a long time favorite animal of mine :3
That Police Station! That was great, I 'stole' so many items. And I loved the original garbage dump, it's so much easier to access than the others. AND THE YOGA! Those are few of the things that most the recent games are missing. >.<

otakudemon13

I have recently become re-obsessed with this series. I have been playing City Folk everyday for like the past couple weeks. I also can't wait for the 3DS version!

So how come you specified only Wild World or City Folk? I mean I don't have the gamecube version myself, but I'm sure other people do.

I'm not sure.....I guess I forgot about it....

THE GAME

I own all 3 Animal Crossing games and I haven't played any of them ever since the 3DS game was announced. All of the new features (and probably much more to come) make all of the other games obsolete to me. :p

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
My brother is a huge Animal Crossing fan. I enjoy the series, but I don't love it like he does, so I naturally keep up with it as I watch him play it or look at new news online about it. The 3DS one is odd for me, they are definitely adding a lot of new features, but I'm curious if they are adding too much dare I say it. The original Animal Crossing was so simple (like a simple My Sims without the baggage) and fun as you were just this one creature living his life and you had no control over the town besides your house. That is why your house was so special, because you had full control of pretty much every aspect (except the layout which was obviously predetermined).

In later games you were not only able to control your house, but convince which neighbors stayed and didn't (you could talk to the ones moving enough and eventually sway their minds in favor of staying) which was a cool addition, because they day Tad moves from Placenta (our original AC town, yes, named after the body organ) was possibly the saddest day in the history of our game.

However, in this game, you are the mayor so you probably get to control the neighbors again, and now you get to control your house (it's external appearance as well), and you get to decide where to put things in your actual town (benches, lamps, etc.). I don't know if I like that because I'm scared neighbors will complain and moan about the town to you, in which case this game is becoming more and more realistic, and I don't want another Sims (I know the game will never get exactly like it or too close to it, but I liked simplicity and I prefer it that way). I still have a lot of faith in the AC series though and will definitely be picking up AC3DS.

Wonder how are person will arrive in their new town this time?

Well, the train station and the train are back so I assume you will come on the train. I'm more curious as to how you will become the mayor. Do you just arrive and everyone is like "We like you...want to rule over and enslave us? :D"

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
In later games you were not only able to control your house, but convince which neighbors stayed and didn't (you could talk to the ones moving enough and eventually sway their minds in favor of staying) which was a cool addition.

Well, the train station and the train are back so I assume you will come on the train. I'm more curious as to how you will become the mayor. Do you just arrive and everyone is like "We like you...want to rule over and enslave us? :D"

0.0 which Animal Crossing can you persuade animals/creatures to stay in your house!? Cause I didn't know about it till just now!

Also, that's news to me that we get to be mayor. Pfft ha ha ha.. thats funny, how you said it. I'm not sure how they'll go about making us mayor but thats a pretty cool feature, but if we're mayor whats the point in making your house large enough then? Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the animals moaned and complain about where everything is placed. Seeing how they got to do that, whenever you didnt keep the environment weed free enough or plants to make the area more appealing. And the towns tunes wasn't to their liking.

However, in this game, you are the mayor so you probably get to control the neighbors again, and now you get to control your house (it's external appearance as well), and you get to decide where to put things in your actual town (benches, lamps, etc.). I don't know if I like that because I'm scared neighbors will complain and moan about the town to you, in which case this game is becoming more and more realistic, and I don't want another Sims (I know the game will never get exactly like it or too close to it, but I liked simplicity and I prefer it that way). I still have a lot of faith in the AC series though and will definitely be picking up AC3DS.

@kupo1121, I don't think Animal Crossing would ever really turn into the Sims, but I get what you're saying. I don't want to control everything within the game either. Otherwise they may as well slap the word "Sims" onto the title. Animal Crossing has to stay to its orginal form, additions are nice but too much can ruin it. But, I'm hoping they don't think change much more then they already have with this one. I have no doubt there will be new Animal Crossings in the future, but only time will tell if they go to far with it.

There's no doubt in my mind that I'll be picking this up.

Also, do any of you guys remember when we had that weird mail box sitting by your house in the GameCube version? Man, I miss that a lot too. Including the treasure hunts we used to get on that towns news board thing. Used to check it everyday for a treasure hunt in a certain area and dig it all up to sell or keep. Thats what I love about the GameCube version, there was so much fun stuff you could do in it.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Since not everyone seems to have seen everything regarding the new Animal Crossing, this is the new trailer.

[video=youtube;Bl_kJuEf2AI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl_kJuEf2AI[/video]

And then this guy translated what was being said about the game, and then the text in the trailer. It's not perfect, but its still good.

[video=youtube;k09p7k7JdLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k09p7k7JdLU[/video]

[video=youtube;oQIxijDK2jE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQIxijDK2jE[/video]

Also, I don't think they are adding too much at all. First of all we know that we can do as mayor so far is put up decorations around the town :p And being able to customize the outside of our house is awesome? Plus getting to put up wall decorations, and actually having pants and shoes to choose from. Its all just customization options to make your character and town more you. It's not really drifting into Sims territory :p

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
The character you play as looks a little... odd. I don't know why, but they look so weird.

At least you can customise more in this game, I've always wanted to make the outside of my house look pretty~ And can't you swim in this game? I remember hearing something about that a while ago, it might have been just a rumour.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
There is a rumor that u can swim in the new 3DS one

It's not a rumor its confirmed :p Its in the first trailer from last year.

At 1:15

[video=youtube;eso2Sj0S6u0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eso2Sj0S6u0[/video]

The character you play as looks a little... odd. I don't know why, but they look so weird.

At least you can customise more in this game, I've always wanted to make the outside of my house look pretty~ And can't you swim in this game? I remember hearing something about that a while ago, it might have been just a rumour.

Its confirmed you can swim :) As for the person, it took a little for me to get used to. Like the first time I watched the trailer I found it odd, but I have gotten used to it since then. Its probably just because we are so used to them being short. I also love how all of the animals have different sizes depending on what they are. Like mice are short but bears are tall.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I also love how all of the animals have different sizes depending on what they are. Like mice are short but bears are tall.
Maybe in future games, they should give us the option to make our characters different sizes.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
As individual games, the AC games are great. As a series, though...I admit it's gotten pretty stale. It's great to see some innovation going on in AC3DS.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
I played both Wild World and City Folk. Hmm. Now I have a sudden desire to play them again XD.
The 3DS one looks so cool. I was really hoping the city would return but the mall sounds coolish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back