• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gameplay with Voices [[ENG]]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
ehh...your all too optimistic. or probably not the best critics. hey sign, whats the forum you said your friend was in?

I think it was DChiuch's forum from what I've heard. I can't think of any other forum that would have an incredibly large collection of videos for download. That would be KH13.com right?

Ikkin

Bronze Member
but i think they are right on the money with aqua. people are just too positive about her VA. Right now, i only hate her battle cries because instead of sounding like she's attacking, it sounds like she's attacking while being in pain, or hitting menopause.

I actually think Aqua's battle cries are pretty awesome because she actually sounds like she's attacking.

Sure, she sounds a bit strained. But, you know what? I've tried voicing a character's fight noises (for a friend's game) while doing sword-strikes in an attempt to be authentic, and I noticed the same effect there. If you try layering physical motion on top of shouting, it's going to change the way the shout sounds. =/

Besides, I think it makes her sound fierce, which is a dozen times better than overly-girly. =P

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I actually think Aqua's battle cries are pretty awesome because she actually sounds like she's attacking.

Sure, she sounds a bit strained. But, you know what? I've tried voicing a character's fight noises (for a friend's game) while doing sword-strikes in an attempt to be authentic, and I noticed the same effect there. If you try layering physical motion on top of shouting, it's going to change the way the shout sounds. =/

Besides, I think it makes her sound fierce, which is a dozen times better than overly-girly. =P

This! I love her attack noises too. She sounds like she's actually physically attacking, not just shouting 'hurghh!' a lot.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
ehh...your all too optimistic. or probably not the best critics. hey sign, whats the forum you said your friend was in?

Might I ask, what is wrong with that?
Unlike many people, I'm not picky with the voices. :/
And plus, I know I'm looking forward to hearing the voices no matter what.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
All of their voices are wonderful. Though when Aqua says fire and thunder, it sounds kinda lazy but it's pretty decent. Her battle crys are wonderful though.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Or, you know, maybe we just happen to have a different opinion than you do. =/

Personally, I'm very impressed with Willa so far.

Sempied

I'm pretty sure after watching the vid, and doing voice comparisons that it's Hamill as Terra.

The only 2 that we have yet to hear now are Eraqus, and Vanitas that we will hopefully hear from E3.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I'm pretty sure after watching the vid, and doing voice comparisons that it's Hamill as Terra.

The only 2 that we have yet to hear now are Eraqus, and Vanitas that we will hopefully hear from E3.

I still don't get it. What, exactly, are you comparing it to? He sounds way younger than any of Hamill's recent characters, apart from the weird battle sounds.

And I don't think there would be such a big difference between the attack sounds and the actual voice if it was Hamill. =P

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
You can't even really tell if it's Hamil. Whoever that is sounds like he could be any random 20 yr old VA.

Aria

braver by the minute
I'm loving Aqua's voice. So glad it doesn't sounds like Kairi or Namine.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i don't know, i was hearing aqua's battle "cries" with some sensitive ear phones. listening to it by just speakers alone, i can barely notice it.

but i'm still going to say your all too optimistic for those who can't hear it. i remember when i didn't like xion's voice from the first english impression and some said i was too negative, but when the game was released and everyone heard it, there were people that were agreeing to.

it sounds ok, because the bad parts aren't too noticable with speakers alone. but the way she says some spells is really noticable. specificlaly when she says "fire"

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
i don't know, i was hearing aqua's battle "cries" with some sensitive ear phones. listening to it by just speakers alone, i can barely notice it.

but i'm still going to say your all too optimistic for those who can't hear it. i remember when i didn't like xion's voice from the first english impression and some said i was too negative, but when the game was released and everyone heard it, there were people that were agreeing to.

it sounds ok, because the bad parts aren't too noticable with speakers alone. but the way she says some spells is really noticable. specificlaly when she says "fire"

I don't understand what you're trying to say about her voice, I listened to it with headphones and without and thought she sounded great and I don't think I could've picked a better english VA myself. Although, it's still to little of a line to judge upon so I can't wait to hear more at E3 when she might actually say more that "FIRE!".

You need to look at things with a glass half full, like innocent until proven guilty! She sounds great now and maybe she won't sound as good with a whole line or maybe she'll sound even better. You don't know until you hear it ;D

Allister Rose

French Lover
your optimism is too much for me.....and i said i had sensitive ear phones. the really expensive kind, where you can hear things almost up to blu ray level (as if you were watching TV). i was able to hear alot of flaws on all the characters.

when she says "fire" it's on enthuisiastic, and when she attacks seconds before one of her battle screams end you can hear that she's holding back.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
your optimism is too much for me.....and i said i had sensitive ear phones. the really expensive kind, where you can hear things almost up to blu ray level (as if you were watching TV). i was able to hear alot of flaws on all the characters.

when she says "fire" it's on enthuisiastic, and when she attacks seconds before one of her battle screams end you can hear that she's holding back.

Aww, you're way too kind Allister. I'm not THAT optimistic.
And are you judging my headphones and hearing? Both of those are just fine and it doesn't take a certain pair of headphones to be able to tell if something sounds bad or the acting isn't right. What headphones do you have? I was thinking of getting Beats by Dr. Dre :3

Allister Rose

French Lover
Aww, you're way too kind Allister. I'm not THAT optimistic.
And are you judging my headphones and hearing? Both of those are just fine and it doesn't take a certain pair of headphones to be able to tell if something sounds bad or the acting isn't right. What headphones do you have? I was thinking of getting Beats by Dr. Dre :3

no i'm not judging your ear phones, but yes you are that optimistic.

i have klipsch headphones. i'm already use to aqua's battle cries, but that doesn't mean that i think aqua's battle cries are perfect

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
no i'm not judging your ear phones, but yes you are that optimistic.

i have klipsch headphones. i'm already use to aqua's battle cries, but that doesn't mean that i think aqua's battle cries are perfect

Well, to tell you the truth, battle crys are as important to me as Xion. And she has no importance to me what so ever even though I think Aqua's battle crys sound great. I'd rather she be good at her lines than some thing like "GRAHHAHGAHSGAH", "HYAHHHHH!" and "FIYAHHH~!" so that's why i'm waiting for her lines.

Anyways, are they the earbuds or just normal headphones? I can't stand having earbuds in my ears because they fall out way too much.

Allister Rose

French Lover
they're ear buds. and battle cries give me a taste of how she will be VAing overall.

this is willa's first time, i fear alot.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i'm already impressed with terra and MX. kh VA's hardly impress me, but i'm looking forward to bbs anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back