• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New character or old character

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
If yall think back, Nomura said in an interview for days, Nomura said that they had 4 untold stories in KH. There was Riku's actons between COM and kh2, Mickey's actions in KH1, Roxas's time in the Org. and Xehanort's memories. We have learned about all of these except for Mickey. No one really knows what all Mickey did during KH1 except go into the dark realm and get the Kingdom Key D.

It was in Another Report wich was released with Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+, and the Riku story along with the Mickey story are still untold at this point. The timeframe for these untold stories are unspecified, though it is commonly assumed that it's their time in the Darkn Realm after Kingdom Hearts, or in Mickey's case throughout Kingdom Hearts.

Another Report said:
Presently there are 4 main untold stories to consider: “The period of the King’s absence”, “The period of Riku’s absence”, “Roxas’ time in Organization XIII” and “Xehanort’s past”. In this case, the story of “The period of the King’s absence” is set in the realm of Darkness. I am examining a way to tell these 4 stories, so I might be able to find a way to tell them soon.

D

Deleted member 71005

I say that it is most likely going to be a brand new character, maybe it will be a character who was alive during the keyblade war but was killed by the main antagonist or something along those lines.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
why do people thin its mx
i dont get that?

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
i hope its not a new character =.=

siegleeagle

Why, it would be so cool?

I can see where she is coming from. If he uses a new character he could do something really stupid like make another sora clone a literally name him sky. But I really want a new character that is fresh and new with a slight connection to the original series so that way its all connected but you can start the new series with no previous knowledge.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
he didnt' even say new character, he said "another" character.

In other words, it's either going to be Riku, Young Xehanort, or Mickey (or Lea (doubt it, but I'd like it if it was true)). Beyond Lea, I can't see any other Organization members that would qualify, except maybe Marly's somebody, but doubt that one ten times as much as Lea.

MeggieKeyblader

I Want My Goddamn Xehanort Game!!!

Same! A Xehanort game would be the awesomest, most badass, AND it would explain the most as well. Him or Mickey. Aqua'd be cool too, but I don't really see when/where they can make a game about her unless it's after KH3.

I really don't see what RoD games (with Riku, Mickey, or Aqua) would be about. When we saw Aqua in the Secret Ending, she didn't look tired or anything, and AtW is sitting peacefully on the beach... so I doubt there's anything special in there... although I bet Nomura could make some things up if he REALLY wants a RoD game.

Also, the way Nomura said it, it seemed like BbS made him go like, 'Wow, this character IS very important!!!' So, I'm thinking it's MX or Aqua. Aqua did, after all, create Castle Oblivion, which is pretty important. And MX's the reason for all the games.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
BBS was close enough to an aqua game.

now where's my Riku game <3

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
If anything the person Nomura mentioned is Riku and he will be in his own game.

NIGHTMAREQUEEN

I hope its a new person We've pretty much know all the important peoples past (except maybe master xehenort when he was younger) It has to be someone that finally fills all the holes in kh. I don't think its riku I coulden't see him in a game by himself without sora.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
I think a brand new character would only hinder the franchise by convoluting it with unnecessary plot and additions, BBS is already a headache of a plot, now that may be because I had to sit and get a scene by scene translation as I played, or it could only help prove my point (I'll reserve some judgment until its NA release).

I believe this "KH Mystery" has only one, real likely candidate; King Mickey Mouse. For several reasons, initially, Nomura wanted the Kingdom Hearts game to star Mickey Mouse, but Disney said no, as they had a much tighter hold on Mickey back then. Now, with the release of "Epic Mickey" due in September, giving way to not only a moral choice in the game, but also a snarky, some might say darker incarnation of the character, it shows a great deal of growth within Disney and its icon, they clearly want to elevate Mickey's status, and whose to say Nomura wouldn't jump at that potential?

King Mickey is to Kingdom Hearts what Yoda is to Star Wars, or Obi-Wan even if you want to draw further comparison, in that he has touched and allied himself at one point or another with every character in the franchise, he is the backbone of the series, and the perfect prespective to tie all these spin-offs and entries together under one cohesive narrative.

Nomura stated that just as plainly, this "KH Mystery" is meant as an installment to tie the franchise together and connect the dots so that he may progress toward the third entry with a clear head. Releasing it as a console installment also helps broaden the scope aswell, people are much more likely to pick up a console KH entry, and if a badass robed clad Mickey is sported on the cover, who wouldn't want to pick that up?

The point is, why create a new character, that may even further complicate the plot, and instead use Mickey's prespective to tie these side stories together under a console branded release, while also catering to a rabid fanbase that wants to know Mickey's journey through the realm of darkness, and even his time from BBS.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
never thought about a mickey game really, it could be really fun, considering I loved playing as mickey in KH2 and days.

So if it's either Mickey or Riku or Xehanort, I'm good. no completely new characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back