• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New character or old character

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

8shortfuse

they cando anything they want if they figure out good reasoning to slip onto to the plot
besidedes riku needs a love intrest

lol, I know they can. That's what I was saying. if it's gonna be a new character then it has t be relevent to the rest of the game. or important to the plot in at least one of te games.

Idk about Riku. He seems to be fine single hehe

Jfighter

it cant be xeanort he is an antagonist how would he have a story

They could pull a Darth Vader. Have the main antagonist realize the error of his ways and commit to fixing it, but I doubt that.

The way Nomura says, "now is also the story of one other person." Might be translation, but it sounds very fishy. Like he means more than he said. To me it sounds like Sora will still play a role in the Mystery Series, just he won't be the main protagonist. And he seems to emphasize that it is the story of ONE person. So, to me, personally, it rules out Riku and any of TAV.

But he says that the the Mystery Game will "connect the series". So, the big question is if he means connecting BBS to KH, as in connecting THE series, but I was left with the implication that BBS was already pretty well intertwined OR does be mean connecting KH to the new Series.

I think that we have met the new Protagonist, but he/she did not play a major role and was overlooked the first time we met them. I would say that the Protagonist will be introduced in KH3, BUT Nomura said that the Mystery game will come out first (and the Mystery game will probably be the launching point for the new Series). We can probably count on the Protagonist being a Square-Enix original character, nobody from FF or Disney, at the very least (like SRK and TAV were).

naruto5

Yeah, I meant MX. We have that mysterious scene at the start of BBS, and we find out that MX came from Destiny Islands. I haven't read the secret reports or whatever they're called in BBS, maybe they explain everything that happened in MX's life...

xhanort reports and i think it will be someone that is a compeltly new keyblade weilder and that he'll meet terra or aqua breifly as little kids and that he soon becomes frinds with eraqus and MX then the keyblade war starts and he has to learn how to use a keyblade from yen sid and something happens to him wich makes him forgotten to everyone and A. he dies B. he hibernates in the pods or C. he finds out wht MX did and mx absorbs him. i know it sounds really really unlogical

MeggieKeyblader

I still say it's...

Aqua, since the new interview said that she is the 'main character' of BBS.

Yeah, but that kinda makes it unlikely that she's gonna be the main character of this new game, because she wasAlready the main character of BbS.

And he seems to emphasize that it is the story of ONE person. So, to me, personally, it rules out Riku and any of TAV.
That's what makes me think that it's MX. So far, all of the main characters have had friends with them, because they're the good guys. But now Nomura's making it seem that this main guy's gonna be all by himself, so it's possible it's gonna be a villain- Xehanort.

The Keyblade Wars, a Riku story, Aqua story, or Mickey story are plausible as well. I really hope it's the MX game, though. It'd be cool to play as the main villain.

Xenin

Banned
Well it doesn't say a new person but it also doesn't say it's an old person. In my opinion(Which on this topic changes alot) I beleive it'll be a new character becuase if you haven't noticed yet there is always a new character in a KH game. I highley doubt they'll be the same old character. Also if you all haven't noticed we always play as a new character in KH even though it's not exactly obvious.

KH- Sora
CoM- 2d sora(Or card Sora as some call them)
KHII: Older Sora
Days: Roxas
Bbs: You know the three characters.

So whoever it is it should be great i'm rooting for a brand new character! KH3 (If thats what it's called) will be on PS3 so I think it's time for a huge change. I Also would like to say maybe if we play as Xehernort I'd like to play as him in a lower console game like PSP or DS

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
It's extremely likely that it's going to be about young MX, for various reasons.

Those of you avoiding spoilers will just have to wait to play BBS to understand why.

MeggieKeyblader

It would be cool if it were an entirely new character, but didn't Nomura say that this new main character is basically the core of the KH series, along with Sora? Like, he/she and Sora are the main characters of the whole series, or something. So, I highly doubt that would be a completely new character (unless you count young MX as a completely new character).

Jakek9

Do you know what game was requested HIGHLY by fans after KHII? The Keyblade Wars.

I believe it may be Young MX's Story, or another Keyblade Wielders story, or a keyblade wielders bestfriend who doesn't wield crap. Just a hunch....

But since it was the Core of the series, it is more likely an old keyblade wielder from the keyblade wars or young MX.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I actually wouldn't mind its a young MX. Now that I think about it, it'd be an interesting game to play. If it's a new character, I'd hope that the new character is as likable as the cast of BBS is (IMO at least. ^_^)

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it would be cool if its Kairi she has a lot of room to grow.

I agree that Kairi suffers under development, but I wouldn't say that a game centered around her would be a good time to do so.

MeggieKeyblader

I actually wouldn't mind its a young MX. Now that I think about it, it'd be an interesting game to play.

Yeah, playing as the villain is always interesting, IMO. It's a different view on the entire series, which is cool.

I agree that Kairi suffers under development, but I wouldn't say that a game centered around her would be a good time to do so. Today 04:22 PM

Yea, no offense to people's opinions, but a Kairi game as the mystery game would be a shit idea. It would be extremely random.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I'm a Kairi fan, and even I think it would be a bad idea... She needs development, but I really don't think a game revolved around her would work.

And a game as a young MX, I'd really enjoy seeing the tale of Xehanort BEFORE he was evil. What was he like? What did Master Eraqus look like when he was younger? Who was their master? And also

I'd LOVE to see Master Yen Sid in his prime, wielding a keyblade. That would be BADASS!!!

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
A game centered around Kairi would be a bad idea imo. I'm hoping they really do develop her in KH3 though. She's too shallow and whether she gets a key or not, if she gets enough character development in KH3, I'll be okay with her either way.. even if she gets a keyblade to. Honestly though, I'm all for a MX/ ME game/ sub-series, given Nomura retcons what he said about BBS being the earliest game in the KH timeline. After all, if this new series is going to have a new name of sorts, wouldn't it be at least somewhat separate from the KH timeline? (meaning it could take place ever further in the past)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back