• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New character or old character

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
my thoery is that next kh game will be a sequel and continue somewhere after coded, but wont be about sora and will give us some back story on ikh3 before it is created

SilverCyrus

my thoery is that next kh game will be a sequel and continue somewhere after coded, but wont be about sora and will give us some back story on ikh3 before it is created

That makes sense, but it seems to be to little to put in one game,
Introducing a new Character at the same time, while i think the series needs a new character to continue the series.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Do we even know if they are adding a "new" character?

-- Can you currently say whether the series will end with the third game, or anything else about it?

Nomura: “Kingdom Hearts” is Sora’s story, but the series that we’re developing now is also the story of one other person. You could say that it is a series where that person is the core.

as you can see one other =/= new

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Exactly, it could be anyone from Ven, Riku, but I see it more likely as being King Mickey, or Xehanort as a close second. Riku is expendable, and Ven's simply a tool, means to an end.

I really hope it doesn't just continue somewhere after coded, NA probably isn't even getting coded, hell, I didn't even play coded in Tokyo, I simply wrote that off as an unnecessary title. Of coruse, statements like that are exactly the reason why I see "mystery" being more of of one character's elaborate journey as he touches and connects with these people, setting up plot threads for the real installment, without leaving anyone hanging, and crafting a unique game in the process.

SilverCyrus

Oh sure anything is possible, im not trying to belittle anyone, just getting my word out there.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
he didnt' even say new character, he said "another" character.

In other words, it's either going to be Riku, Young Xehanort, or Mickey (or Lea (doubt it, but I'd like it if it was true)). Beyond Lea, I can't see any other Organization members that would qualify, except maybe Marly's somebody, but doubt that one ten times as much as Lea.

Ugh.. do I have to bring it up again? It's ANOTHER (as in an existing) character, not a new character. Besides..

I think a brand new character would only hinder the franchise by convolution it with unnecessary plot and additions, BBS is already a headache of a plot, now that may be because I had to sit and get a scene by scene translation as I played, or it could only help prove my point (I'll reserve some judgment until its NA release).

I believe this "KH Mystery" has only one, real likely candidate; King Mickey Mouse. For several reasons, initially, Nomura wanted the Kingdom Hearts game to star Mickey Mouse, but Disney said no, as they had a much tighter hold on Mickey back then. Now, with the release of "Epic Mickey" due in September, giving way to not only a moral choice in the game, but also a snarky, some might say darker incarnation of the character, it shows a great deal of growth within Disney and its icon, they clearly want to elevate Mickey's status, and whose to say Nomura wouldn't jump at that potential?

King Mickey is to Kingdom Hearts what Yoda is to Star Wars, or Obi-Wan even if you want to draw further comparison, in that he has touched and allied himself at one point or another with every character in the franchise, he is the backbone of the series, and the perfect perspective to tie all these spin-offs and entries together under one cohesive narrative.

Nomura stated that just as plainly, this "KH Mystery" is meant as an installment to tie the franchise together and connect the dots so that he may progress toward the third entry with a clear head. Releasing it as a console installment also helps broaden the scope as well, people are much more likely to pick up a console KH entry, and if a badass robed clad Mickey is sported on the cover, who wouldn't want to pick that up?

The point is, why create a new character, that may even further complicate the plot, and instead use Mickey's perspective to tie these side stories together under a console branded release, while also catering to a rabid fan-base that wants to know Mickey's journey through the realm of darkness, and even his time from BBS.

See bolded part for my opinion of a new character.

As for this quoted post, though I agree that a Mickey game would make a lot of sense, I still have my doubts, especially with the whole Dark Realm thing and there already being a Mickey game coming out sometime soon. I'm doubtful for a Mickey game, but with parts (CoM/ Re: CoM was only part of Riku's storyline people, not all of it. The same goes for Days, especially since we only seen him in several scenes, not everything he was doing during Days.) of Riku's storyline already told and the other options being moot, it's the most likely route. I'd still like to see a Riku game based on what he was doing during Days and KH2, if not KH1 as well, but I'm not so sure about the whole being Maleficent's lackey thing.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Now, a Mickey game already in development doesn't mean we won't get another, Epic Mickey is coming out in September of this year, not at all affecting the mystery game, which NA probably wouldn't even see until holiday 2011 or later, depending on when it gets out in Japan. Plus, Epic Mickey could build hype for a KH Mickey-centric entry, and that certainly doesn't hurt.

For me, it goes back to; why can't Disney be equally important in this franchise as these original characters, hell Mickey's been around since the 1920's, Sora's not even been here 10 years, now who is more dedicated here? Plus, Nomura initially wanted Mickey to be the star of KH, and this is just as much Disney's franchise, if Epic Mickey is the hit, they could be pushing even furtehr for a Mickey installment.

Kingdom Hearts has a dedicated fanbase, stupid people who would purchase a console just for BBS or Days, why would Disney NOT want to hit that with a Mickey installment? He's their icon, and a character they have recently stated, due to new business strategies in the last two years, they want to introduce to a new generation, and expand his character into more serious, character driven stories, even make him a little more snarky. That's what Epic Mickey is.

But Epic Mickey is Wii exclusive, this mystery game, were it to come out on PS3 and 360, would be the Mickey installment for the two "hardcore" consoles, and what better pedigree than Square? Yeah, I rest my case.

SilverCyrus

A Mickey game would be hella fun. He is one of my fave characters in the KH series.
But playing him in the KH1/COM/Days/KH2 timeline doesnt make sense, we already got an idea of what he did.
Unless we figure out he has been doing something behind the scenes that would effect KH3.
Than this idea makes sense.

Also My "New" character hopes could possibly be covered by Ven, and the game could take place after KH3 or at the same time timeline based. this could give us facts about KH3 without needing dive right into them.

I do have to agree a Mickey KH game would help the whole "Mickey needs to be more Heavy" thing.
Im not against A mickey game, i would love it, i just couldnt see it.

Maybe a Riku game, that shows alot of what mickey has been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back