• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts series has sold over 24 million units worldwide!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The Kingdom Hearts train has been moving fast this year, with Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX finding a new home on PlayStation 4 and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue continuing the story in preparation for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3. Not only that, but with Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ being relaunched into Kingdom Hearts Union χ you can easily see how it has been one of the biggest years for the series.

It also seems the move to PlayStation 4 this year has been very healthy for Kingdom Hearts!

Square Enix released a press release celebrating Kingdom Hearts Union X's celebration for Mickey Mouse's 89th birthday. In the section that details the history of the series, they announced that Kingdom Hearts has sold over 24 million units worldwide!

To give some perspective, in late 2015 Senior Vice President and General Manager of Walt Disney Company Asia and Disney Interactive Asia Justin Scarpone announced the Kingdom Hearts series had sold 21 million units worldwide, making it one of the most successful Disney video games.

On March 28th 2017, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX was released in North America for PlayStation 4 and the accompanying press release from Square Enix confirmed that the series had sold 22 million units worldwide.

So since March of this year, the series has sold an extra 2 million units worldwide which is a fantastic achievement for a second round of re-releases and for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

Hopefully when Kingdom Hearts 3 launches in 2018, the combined numbers from PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sales will push the series past the 30 million units sold mark!

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for more merch news and the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The 22 million number was the same when 2.8 launched, so it's sad to see that it didn't really shift sales much in the two months leading up to the collection.

Amazing that they sold an extra 2 million copies since March though!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Bless this series. People are thirsting for KH.

KH3 will easily round that off to 30mil when it releases.
Considering audience reactions in both 2013 and even at D23 this year (all the audience wanted was KH, even you were yelling for it there Spock), I believe it will be an easy 6 million sales.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i cant believe every other kh fan besides me have only bought a total of 1 million copies

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i cant believe every other kh fan besides me have only bought a total of 1 million copies
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

ImVentus

Awards
This makes me really happy and even more so for how great 2017 has been for KH in general.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Yep, between KH3 and the inevitable KH 3.Infinity/3 Remixes Ultima Edition that covers every game in the Dark Seeker Saga in one disc this series will easily encompass 30 million. Let's not kid ourselves, we're all going to buy it.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Glad to see that the PS4 Ports of 1.5 and 2.5 have paid dividends for the series. Though that makes me wonder, why not release the remixes for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch? that alone can shift a couple more million units.

SomeKHFan

Awards
Glad to see that the PS4 Ports of 1.5 and 2.5 have paid dividends for the series. Though that makes me wonder, why not release the remixes for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch? that alone can shift a couple more million units.

At this point the main reason is because Nomura wants to focus specifically on KH3 for it's current ports. Any remix on the X-box or anything for the switch will have to wait until after. I think he said this previously in an interview after D23, can't remember which one.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
At this point the main reason is because Nomura wants to focus specifically on KH3 for it's current ports. Any remix on the X-box or anything for the switch will have to wait until after. I think he said this previously in an interview after D23, can't remember which one.
That one statement where he says Switch is an interesting console , did consider to port KH3 there but is wary of the possible fury of Xbox/PS4 owners who waited way too long for KH3 in their consoles?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Like it's really up to him. With the whole dang Janese game industry rushing to catch the Switch train, I'm sure Nomura's bosses have been telling him how much they would just love to see some cheap ports brought to the hybrid ASAP.

keyblader007

Awards
"one of the most successful Disney video games."

What the hell is more successful? Surely nothing of substance.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
"one of the most successful Disney video games."

What the hell is more successful? Surely nothing of substance.
Battlefront sold 14 million with just 1 game. And I bet Galaxy of Heroes brings in far more dough than KHUX.

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
And Disney did release non-KH games throughout the years at an acceptable pace and most were successful, or at least remembered fondly.

Sorakh212

Awards
That number is going to skyrocket next year or whenever KH3 comes out on the off chance it gets delayed or pushed back.
24 million is still pretty cool though considering the longevity and somewhat popularity of the series. I bet that number is more accumulative of all games across all the various platforms to date though. Still that growth is always a healthy sign and it's nice to see the series is still thriving and a thing these days. It's even crazier to think that one of my beloved and favorite childhood games is still around well into my early adulthood at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back