• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your 10th Anniversary Celebrations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Disney and Square Enix never acknowledge Kingdom Hearts other than we got a Disney 365 commercial on Disney channel when II came out and SE says it exists.

Well, technically the game won't be releasing for another 11 hours or so, but still o_o

I mean, it's so weird that we got a huge explosion of "OMG KH3D is releasing!" messages on the Japanese side this morning, but here in the west we got nothing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So, the Disney Movie Club sells games. You know what they don't sell? Kingdom Hearts. I move that we demand Disney Movie Club to sell Kingdom Hearts games!

Maybe then even SE will care a bit more about their own series ;A; *holds on to a Wondernyan plus that had to be imported from Japan*

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Disney and Square Enix never acknowledge Kingdom Hearts

So, the Disney Movie Club sells games. You know what they don't sell? Kingdom Hearts. I move that we demand Disney Movie Club to sell Kingdom Hearts games!
I feel like Disney will only ever really care about Kingdom Hearts if it's turned into a blockbuster film franchise. Video games are too niche. Sure, they'll nitpick how their characters are used and make sure it's appealing to their limited gamer audience, but they're never going to give it a real spotlight or invest in its marketing.

But SQUARE has no excuses. I don't even want to know what's happening over there right now. We know they HAVE material to work with at this point. Maybe they just don't want to cross promote as it's being released in Japan because they're afraid people might become confused over what's happening where?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I feel like Disney will only ever really care about Kingdom Hearts if it's turned into a blockbuster film franchise. Video games are too niche. Sure, they'll nitpick how their characters are used and make sure it's appealing to their limited gamer audience, but they're never going to give it a real spotlight or invest in its marketing.

But SQUARE has no excuses. I don't even want to know what's happening over there right now. We know they HAVE material to work with at this point. Maybe they just don't want to cross promote as it's being released in Japan because they're afraid people might become confused over what's happening where?
Pffft, I hope I just get the feeling any localization has been stopped just to screw with us. Seriously when's the last time we heard something intresting about the game in English?

WaveK89

I'll probably hold off on the celebration until closer to the international release dates. I think it will involve playing Kingdom Hearts games, more so on Re:CoM. You know...to give me that Sora and Riku feel, heh.

Also, possibly looking at KH merchandise and contemplating if I really want to get it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Disney and Square Enix never acknowledge Kingdom Hearts other than we got a Disney 365 commercial on Disney channel when II came out and SE says it exists.

Well, the only thing Disney ever does seems to be contained to their parks. Between the TOMY KH toys, the few Play Arts at Epcot, the creepy SDG costumes that walked around the park, and the limited edition KH pin at Disneyland, I can't think of anything else they've done :( IDK why the parks gets most of it.

*holds on to a Wondernyan plus that had to be imported from Japan*

Where did you get it from? I'm going to get it, but I'm not sure if I should wait till it comes overseas (if it ever does), or get it now when it will be quite pricey.

Also, possibly looking at KH merchandise and contemplating if I really want to get it.

Any KH merchandise made by SE from their main site, the figures, plushes, etc. are really worth it. I collect all teh stuff and I have to say, nothing has been able to beat those yet (Play Arts and Formation Arts are by far the best ones in my opinion).

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Today I wore my keyblade shirt to school! Many people recognized it, but no one knew that today was the 10th anniversary. :|

But yeah, Happy 10th birthday Kingdom Hearts! :D

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Square Enix NA finally acknowledged KH's 10th anniversary today. Both the Kingdom Hearts and Square Enix Facebook page say:

"‎10 Years ago, on March 28th, 2002; the first copy of KINGDOM HEARTS hit store shelves in Japan! The series has been going strong all this time, and we have nothing but humble thanks and appreciation to our fans for supporting us all this time! Congratulations KINGDOM HEARTS, OMEDETO!"

Kingdom Hearts Facebook Page

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Pffft, I hope I just get the feeling any localization has been stopped just to screw with us. Seriously when's the last time we heard something intresting about the game in English?
I think Square's idea of news is telling us David Gallagher is going to be playing Riku.
Yeah, they're screwing with us.

...Congratulations KINGDOM HEARTS, OMEDETO!"
For some reason that made me giggle.

Watanuki-kun

Website
www.fanfiction.net
A kingdom Hearts marhton games for all weekend ^^

Oh and listening to some music, reading the manga again. All this just so I can feel proud of how far has the series reach all thoes years ^^
And of course after that I'm gonna wait for the future english release ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back