• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Yen Press to Resume Publication of KINGDOM HEARTS Manga!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I can't really stand manga or a lot of animes, but this has me excited.
I only own one manga book and that is Kingdom Hearts featuring Monstro and Atlantica so I'm excited to get more.

Chocola

Awards
This is amazing news! I'm personally not too keen with reading scans, and the only book I own is the first volume of KH2.
I just hope that I'll be able to find them here once they're released. And I'm also praying that I still have enough money saved up to buy all the volumes. Then again, my birthday falls on June...

... I think I know what I want as a birthday present. 8D

Oh, and the artbook's being done too?! I've always wanted to own one!!
Ack, I sure hope I'm not dreaming right now. *___*;;

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Thank you so much lys! I'm so excited for next month now, even if I read all of KH1 and CoM already, I haven't in years so I can revisit ^_^ And that means by year's end the US will have KH1, CoM, AND Days!!!! Also, is this the artbook that is being referred to:

Shiro_Amano_Kingdom_Hearts_Art_Works.jpg

I have that one already hence why I ask so if there isn't anything new, I'll refrain from this one. I really cannot wait for a big compilation of KH art in one book that they'll do years down the road ^_^

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Yes YES! I am glad it is coming out sooner than 2014, and right around my birthday too! I would like that artbook as well. :D

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Awesome! I just finished Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days manga. I hope there is a Birth By Sleep Final Mix Manga and also Kingdom Hearts Coded and 3DS.
Totally agree about BBS and DDD but I'd be fine without Coded as a manga. I think Amano would be bored with it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Kids, here is a lesson for you.
When you have a job on an online website that doesn't pay you, and you have no money, but your coworkers think everything is cute, you con them. You con them hard! They will give you everything you will ever want for the low low price of "ily".

In other news, can't wait for dat manga :3

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Good good, my older copies were a bit damaged. Especially vol4 of the KH manga series...
I also understand why the original and COM are taking a bit.
The original had a few translation errors.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
WHERE IN THE GREAT UNIVERSE CAN I GET A COPY O' DEES

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
WHERE IN THE GREAT UNIVERSE CAN I GET A COPY O' DEES
Can't say for certain just yet but I'd imagine that you'd be able to order them on Amazon.com with no problem.

If you'd prefer buying a copy from a store in your area though, you could try a comic store (which would almost definitely get copies) or you could try a big name book store like Barnes and Noble perhaps? It seems as though bookstores are attempting to stock more manga so it's likely that they could get a copy or have one in stock once these are made available.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Can't say for certain just yet but I'd imagine that you'd be able to order them on Amazon.com with no problem.

If you'd prefer buying a copy from a store in your area though, you could try a comic store (which would almost definitely get copies) or you could try a big name book store like Barnes and Noble perhaps? It seems as though bookstores are attempting to stock more manga so it's likely that they could get a copy or have one in stock once these are made available.

I'll have to go with Amazon then. Unfortunately people in my city have no idea what KH is and don't stock the Manga. (I've gone to three different schools and only two other people knew what KH is)

Thanks Taochan, I appreciate it.

Awards
Awesome! So I guess they're gonna be much longer than the original releases since the KHFM manga was released in 3 volumes and they're now releasing it in 2. And CoM must be pretty long since it's in one volume. I wonder if they'll combine any Days and KH2 volumes together. As for KH2, I wonder if Amano will even complete it. There was no reason for it to be cancelled.

Tbh I didn't even ready any of the manga's except KH volume 1. I would rather have the novels instead. Oh well..

kupo1121

Awards
I'll have to go with Amazon then. Unfortunately people in my city have no idea what KH is and don't stock the Manga. (I've gone to three different schools and only two other people knew what KH is)

Is there a Barnes and Noble by you? When I went to mine originally awhile back and asked about Kingdom Hearts, they had a record of it in their computers but said they never ordered any. I went to the Tokyopop section of the "Comics for Girls" section (yeah, KH was located there) and found the first volume when that as the only one out. You might have luck trying that but if not Amazon's prices aren't bad at all.

I always like to get mine from the store because I compare all the copies and pick the best one that looks like it is in the best condition. When I order anything flimsy online I'm always so nervous that the mailman isn't gonna care and just chuck it everywhere and when I get it it will be all dented and bent.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Awesome! So I guess they're gonna be much longer than the original releases since the KHFM manga was released in 3 volumes and they're now releasing it in 2. And CoM must be pretty long since it's in one volume. I wonder if they'll combine any Days and KH2 volumes together. As for KH2, I wonder if Amano will even complete it. There was no reason for it to be cancelled.

Tbh I didn't even ready any of the manga's except KH volume 1. I would rather have the novels instead. Oh well..

What do you mean? Amano has been making new chapters for KHII since October of last year.

Also Days will be sold as separate volumes.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It wasn't? He put it on hiatus to work on Days instead. Like Ethy said, he's been working on KHII since October last year, and the 6th volume will be released in May.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Aw, that's really unfortunate. :c I'm lucky enough to have a comic book store in my city that can get these things in stock.

No problem!

I always like to get mine from the store because I compare all the copies and pick the best one that looks like it is in the best condition. When I order anything flimsy online I'm always so nervous that the mailman isn't gonna care and just chuck it everywhere and when I get it it will be all dented and bent.
I'm the same way, but if there's no alternative I'll use Amazon. They're actually really good with their shipments.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
When Yen Press starts to release the KH manga, I think it would be a great idea for us all to tweet them and show the love. If we also mention our desire to see the novels translated and YP sees the demand for the novels (as well as good sales from the manga), just maybe we could swing it. (Forever optimistic.)

siegleeagle

When Yen Press starts to release the KH manga, I think it would be a great idea for us all to tweet them and show the love. If we also mention our desire to see the novels translated and YP sees the demand for the novels (as well as good sales from the manga), just maybe we could swing it. (Forever optimistic.)

I agree. I mean if the fan base uses social media to get people they know in real life that may even have a slight chance of liking the series and people they don't know over the internet, then it can become more known to potential fans.

kupo1121

Awards

Do they have a Facebook? Because I am definitely doing that? I really want the novels brought over >_< Probably becasue Birth by Sleep is only in novel format at the moment and that is the best game ever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back