• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Yen Press to Resume Publication of KINGDOM HEARTS Manga!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Haha, nice try, KHI... I know an April Fool's joke when I see one!

Yen Press lied at that convention. *am cry*

Then this is very good ^_^ Any chance you think they'll pick up the novels?

We can dream~ They do translate novels (and they are fantastic too) so let's hope while they were picking up licenses they had their eyes on the novels.

Oh, this is great! I've been looking forward to a way to see Days' story again, since it's extremely boring now when I tried to replay it. And since I'm not all that interested in the movie or the novels, I'll definitely try to get these.

Also, which way does Yen Press print their manga? I haven't heard of them before.

I'm not sure, they are the typical size for manga, though, and tend to have a nice glossy or matte covers. Definitely high quality stuff.

They came into being in 2008 and have been buying up licenses to popular series for some years. They are definitely a growing company that doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon.

The manga is 100x better than the game or the HD Cutscene Theater. It has all of the charm the past manga had plus the bits of charm the games had. All of the Disney interactions are perfect, too.

Last edited:

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I just realized I am missing the first volume, and that my copies are in rather poor shape. XD
This just makes the news all the better~

lys

I just registered here to post this. I noticed the publishing date info at ANN (and therefore here too) was wrong—KH: Final Mix should be out May 2013 (next month), not 2014. Same deal for Chain of Memories. This transcript of Saturday's panel has the correct dates and publishing order: Live Feed Browser (Epsilon)

Please look forward to it :)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ah, thank you very much for that lys! That's fantastic news!

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
In that transcript, isn't it saying that KHII will be releasing with CoM?

13:17:51 <bay|SC|YenPress> Monthly omnibus release of KH:Chain of Memories and KH II leading up to art books and KH 358/2 releases this fall
13:18:17 <bay|SC|YenPress> june, august for CoM and II

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I just registered here to post this. I noticed the publishing date info at ANN (and therefore here too) was wrong—KH: Final Mix should be out May 2013 (next month), not 2014. Same deal for Chain of Memories. This transcript of Saturday's panel has the correct dates and publishing order: Live Feed Browser (Epsilon)

Please look forward to it :)

Thank you for telling us Lys! I'm really surprised how early the KHFM mangas are coming and also neat how they're compressed into two volumes.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Our connections* allow us to find out exclusive information!

*By connections I mean pestering them on social media.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Our connections* allow us to find out exclusive information!

*By connections I mean pestering them on social media.
That's a legitimate connection.

Thank you for finding out this information for us. <3 I'm glad the dates are for 2013 and not 2014!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
NEXT MONTH

HOW IS IT SO SOON

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kenzichi

The artbook too!!?? Okay, I can die happy now. Please don't let this be a dream *-*

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I see how it is, they finally get another company to localise them again and now I no longer care for manga.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The artbook too!!?? Okay, I can die happy now. Please don't let this be a dream *-*

Never a dream ;A; We can all finally be the Kingdom Hearts fans we've wanted to be for years xD

I see how it is, they finally get another company to localise them again and now I no longer care for manga.

Right? I haven't bought a new manga in what seems like ages. Probably close to a year now. I'd say make Kingdom Hearts the exception xD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

We'll make you care! 8D

Edit: This is where I'd put a hilarious manga cap but I guess image tags aren't working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back