• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Yen Press to Resume Publication of KINGDOM HEARTS Manga!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Yes, hopefully if this does ell we'll get the novels as well.

Saikex

I while ago when Shiro Amano posted on St. Valentines Day about KH2 Vol 6 to be released in Japan, I commented saying "please Shiro Amano, we want them here too". Everyone in that thread was disappointed...

But just when everyone gave up hope--this bit of news appeared. Today the fan voice has been heard.

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
In all fairness, he doesn't get to decide things like this xD

But yeah, it's great that these are finally coming over~

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It's really great that Yen Press is picking these mangas up again. We'll finally be able to see the mangas being localized.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Personally i dont like the manga, never could get into it. Still, congrats for the fans who actually do like the manga

Phantom Knight

I've had the eight American volumes sitting on my shelf for God knows how long.

Finally​ I can hope for a complete set.

Same here.

They're not in a good condition, but I'm definitely going to keep them alongside the new versions. I'm glad they're restarting rather than picking up where they left off, because I love more complete versions, plus I'll at least have the manga in a better quality in terms of production.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
This makes me so happy! I can finally get more KH manga in English.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Ugh! As ecstatic as I am about their release, I can't help but be a bit nervous. I really hope they don't drop the KH manga...EVER lol or at least until the KH manga stops being made in Japan, in which case it won't be made here either. The last thing we need to get it back again only to lose it...again >_<

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ugh! As ecstatic as I am about their release, I can't help but be a bit nervous. I really hope they don't drop the KH manga...EVER lol or at least until the KH manga stops being made in Japan, in which case it won't be made here either. The last thing we need to get it back again only to lose it...again >_<

Yen Press is one of the biggest manga publishers in North America next to Viz, Digital Manga Publishing (which has its feet more in the yaoi business), and Dark Horse (which is probably the longer running of them all and tends to cater to an older audience.)

They won't be dropping the Kingdom Hearts license anytime soon (the only reason Tokyopop ever dropped KH to begin with was because they were having financial issues which eventually led to their closure in North America all together) and the fact they decided to pick it up shows just how much they have done to expand their business.

They also have picked up plenty of Square Enix titles and they remain to be very popular so...Kingdom Hearts will probably do them well.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
This is great news! I only ever owned two volumes of Tokyopop's KH1 releases, and I ended up donating those.

I'm really excited that KH1 and CoM are being compressed; it would be nice if they would follow suit for KH2 as it saves me shelf space!

Keyslinger

Nice. I gotta find my old volumes of the first Kingdom Hearts and Chain of memories manga

Spikeboy

Oh, this is great! I've been looking forward to a way to see Days' story again, since it's extremely boring now when I tried to replay it. And since I'm not all that interested in the movie or the novels, I'll definitely try to get these.

Also, which way does Yen Press print their manga? I haven't heard of them before.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yen Press is one of the biggest manga publishers in North America next to Viz, Digital Manga Publishing (which has its feet more in the yaoi business), and Dark Horse (which is probably the longer running of them all and tends to cater to an older audience.)

They won't be dropping the Kingdom Hearts license anytime soon (the only reason Tokyopop ever dropped KH to begin with was because they were having financial issues which eventually led to their closure in North America all together) and the fact they decided to pick it up shows just how much they have done to expand their business.

They also have picked up plenty of Square Enix titles and they remain to be very popular so...Kingdom Hearts will probably do them well.

Then this is very good ^_^ Any chance you think they'll pick up the novels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back