• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
If we jump into another 10 years of side-games I will lose my shit. Please put all focus in a new numbered title with maybe ONE side-game (like CoM and KHII).

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If we jump into another 10 years of side-games I will lose my shit. Please put all focus in a new numbered title with maybe ONE side-game (like CoM and KHII).
Kh2 is considered a side game? I know most of it was filler but it still feels more important and eventful than Days or Coded.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Kh2 is considered a side game? I know most of it was filler but it still feels more important and eventful than Days or Coded.

Poor phrasing on my part -- I meant that CoM was the one and only side-game that bridged the gap until KHII. I would prefer that kind of set-up to the multiple titles (coded, Days, BBS, DDD, UX) we received bridging II and III.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Poor phrasing on my part -- I meant that CoM was the one and only side-game that bridged the gap until KHII. I would prefer that kind of set-up to the multiple titles (coded, Days, BBS, DDD, UX) we received bridging II and III.

Yeah, I agree. I would guess we may get a "side game" for Switch or something. It really is the only relevant handheld right now. Its still higher quality in terms of technology than KH1 and 2, so it could still have decently large worlds and nice graphics. I could see them doing mostly 2D worlds again since they probably couldn't manage movie quality like they are for KH3.

GrandWebster

So you think they'll be a bridge gap between III and IV? Be kind of weird way to start, because if say its a Switch game, that's a full blown console.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
So you think they'll be a bridge gap between III and IV? Be kind of weird way to start, because if say its a Switch game, that's a full blown console.

I don't want them to, but historically? It seems likely. Happy if it turns out not to be the case though!

GrandWebster

Yeah, I agree. I would guess we may get a "side game" for Switch or something. It really is the only relevant handheld right now. Its still higher quality in terms of technology than KH1 and 2, so it could still have decently large worlds and nice graphics. I could see them doing mostly 2D worlds again since they probably couldn't manage movie quality like they are for KH3.
I think its going to be KH4, I just wouldn't imagine for them doing a BBS-game to start a New Saga. Its like in a Shounen Manga when they have a Timeskip, why would they start the New Saga on a Flashback, It makes no sense in that case.
Also what issue was the console jumping of the KH games, they want to make that one side game for the Switch, just for it to go back to the Playstation (PS4 or PS5).
Because its a Fresh start, Its okay to start on a Numeric title, since they can clean away whatever is left of Xehanort and there is going to be revelations of whats next. So can't really say that giving a Switch-solo game to give leadway to KH4. Meaning you must have a Switch to follow the story, it would be ridiculous.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Please don't start separating the series again.
Considering the current gen, I'm not seeing any logic in doing that. Back then, one could say they wanted to try different platforms and introduce Kingdom Hearts to as many people as possible, but now the franchise is popular enough and it would be an odd move.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Considering the current gen, I'm not seeing any logic in doing that. Back then, one could say they wanted to try different platforms and introduce Kingdom Hearts to as many people as possible, but now the franchise is popular enough and it would be an odd move.

I mean Switch is selling ridiculously well, I would honestly be surprised if we don't get a KH game for it. I guess they could maybe release it for all consoles, but I'm sure some people would question the quality on the other consoles since if it can run on Switch then it won't be the same level as KH3.

Vivi-gamer

The Jungle Book:

I know it has been tried before in Birth By Sleep but it is one of the biggest Disney Classics omitted from the series. A Rhythm Mini-Game Like KH2's Atlantica would be a lovely chance of pace & a chance for a surreal moment in having Sora hypnotised by the Snake Kaa.

I don't know if there is a JB World but it seems the most obvious choice - but this is hoping that not all Worlds are Pixar focused.

GrandWebster

^^^

Looking at Disney Classics, Most likley not a world, but this character should show-up anyway: The Headless Horseman!

They should honestly take risks with this, Because I doubt Sleepy Hollow will be a world, but the Headless Horseman Is one of the few Disney Villains I can see chases you across multiple worlds.
I think whoever the New KH Villain is or maybe a New Disney Villain has his head and are commanding him. Given the situation I think he would want to Chased down Sora for some reason.

It would be a cool way to bring in more old Classic Disney characters into the story.

Pokie

I think I'm the only person who doesn't get the full Appeal of Atlantis and Treasure Planet at this point.

These were movies where Disney were trying to be edgy for the boys. I don't see anything Atlantis or TS related in any Disney theme park or resort. Especially adding Treasure Planet since that movie Disney they didn't care for, Thats like adding the Black Cauldron (which almost bankrupted Disney and stopped the Fairy tale/Fantasy-movies adaptation at that time)

So with that, Understand that people here want them for Nostalgia, But when I look at it from a Business perspective, these two movies specifically don't have the Brand Recognition, to the point I don't think Disney remembers making these movies.

This is a bit of a theory of mine, though I sweeeeear nobody really cared about the Nightmare Before Christmas before it came out in KH1/ KH2.

GrandWebster

Okay, I understand going back to Arendelle (Frozen). Not really because of the sequel, but also the Princesses of Hearts.

But tell me, why go back to Toy Box? I guess its rare to get a franchise to have four movies under its belt...but still.

I wouldn't mind it, Its just strange.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
But tell me, why go back to Toy Box? I guess its rare to get a movie to have four movies under its belt...but still.
Well, it's also to see the debut of the other Toys such as Jessie, Bullseye, Slinky and I'm interested on what other original stories they can do with the Toy Story world. I doubt they will have it take place post Toy Story 3 cause the events of the Toy Story world in KH3 took place two years after the events of Toy Story 2. I realistically think that Arendelle and Toy Box will be the only new KH3 Disney worlds to return for the next game.

This is a bit of a theory of mine, though I sweeeeear nobody really cared about the Nightmare Before Christmas before it came out in KH1/ KH2.
Well Nightmare Before Christmas did had a few fans and apparently according to the KH2 Prima Guide apparently the world was brought back due to fan-demand and the resurgence of the film's popularity along with including the rest of the movies world (Christmas Town). Also was I the only one who thought it wasn't Disney? I actually remember the film being released through Touchstone (which at the time I was unaware it was a subsidiary of Disney).

Also the same can be said about Tron. Hardly ANYONE that was born in the 90's and 2000's hardly knew anything about the film until it was included as a world in KH2.

GrandWebster

I'm surpsrised no one here has said

they want "The Incredibles" World to see Helen Parr's Booty in UE4

Because thats all I'm thinking about now :cool:

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm surpsrised no one here has said

they want "The Incredibles" World to see Helen Parr's Booty in UE4

Because thats all I'm thinking about now :cool:

I mean...I want the Incredibles super badly, but because I want to see Helen KICK ass as a party member. If her and Bob aren't both members I would be super disappointed now tbh, so I am hoping they save it for a game with the same scale as KH3 at least.

Okay, I understand going back to Arendelle (Frozen). Not really because of the sequel, but also the Princesses of Hearts.

But tell me, why go back to Toy Box? I guess its rare to get a franchise to have four movies under its belt...but still.

I wouldn't mind it, Its just strange.

I guess I agree with DisneyXBirds, Omitting characters like Jessie is enough to make me want the world to return. I do feel like it could be an issue since Pixar seems to want it to be canon to the movies? So they would need to be on board with a new original story again.

But honestly there are quite a few other Pixar movies, see above lol, that I want included as well so I wouldn't be upset to see them focus on that.

Back