• We have brought back Future of KINGDOM HEARTS as our main Kingdom Hearts section. Discuss any projects including Phase 2 developments, the rumored Disney Plus series, all TWEWY-related news, theories about the future of Kingdom Hearts, and any general topics in this section. For anything related to Kingdom Hearts Memory of Melody, please discuss it in the KINGDOM HEARTS Memory of Melody section.
  • Although unrelated to Kingdom Hearts, we are aware that there might be fans of The Last of Us on our forums. We ask that you please keep all spoilers for The Last of Us 2 spoiler-tagged. Any untagged spoilers will result in a temporary ban from the site.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
G
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• So after D23 showing (So far) whether the next KH game title is called, I have 10 worlds I think some have a pretty likely shot given the context in KH3, that the next game and KH4:
    - Moana
    - The Princess and the Frog
    - The Incredibles
    - Zootopia
    - The Haunted Mansion
    - Sleepy Hollow
    - Onwards
    - Sugar Rush
    - Frozen 2
    - Raya and the Last Dragon
    Depends on how far they are with the next KH game in terms of development. For KH2 they started development after the release of KH: Final Mix in December of 2002 and took 2 1/2 years to make, Dream Drop Distance began development in Early 2010 and lasted until late 2011 for development, KH3 started development around late 2012/early 2013 under the luminous engine before development restarted in the Unreal Engine 4 in October 2014 which lasted a solid 4 1/4 years to make.

Now that they are utilizing the Unreal Engine 4 they can still reuse the same character models and maps from KH3 as future reference and can get the development done faster for the next games, and I expect the next one to come out by 2021 or 2022 (KH 20th Anniversary) with KH4 by 2023/2024.

Regarding Disney worlds for the next game and KH4 this is my envisioned listing:

New KH game before KHIV:
    - Wreck-It Ralph
    - Meet the Robinsons
    - Coco
    - Treasure Planet
    - Atlantis
    - Dumbo
    - Pocahontas
    - Nutcracker and the Four Realms or Oz the Great and Powerful
    - Inside Out
    - Mickey and the Beanstalk
    - Onward