• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
1. Zootopia - each section of the city resembles a different habitat!
2. Princess and the Frog - unique environment, perfect villain.
3. 101 Dalmatians - Cruella is iconic and I need her in KH.

I want Mary Poppins to replace Pooh as mini-game world.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What's funny is that if we ever get a 101 Dalmatian world those pups should all be full grown by now. Maybe they will just conveniently ignore its been years since the first game, lol.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
What's funny is that if we ever get a 101 Dalmatian world those pups should all be full grown by now. Maybe they will just conveniently ignore its been years since the first game, lol.

If they did that then Mickey would be 1000 years old lol Disney Magic keeps them all permanently young.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
1. Zootopia - each section of the city resembles a different habitat!
2. Princess and the Frog - unique environment, perfect villain.
3. 101 Dalmatians - Cruella is iconic and I need her in KH.

I want Mary Poppins to replace Pooh as mini-game world.

I echo these sentiments so much.

Still want a full Lilo and Stitch world, Moana (not at the same time I guess, for obvious reasons), A Bug's Life, Wreck-It Ralph, and Coco.

I guess if I had to pick 3 it would be Zootopia, Princess and the Frog, and Moana?

I also really want stuff like Brave, Inside Out, Emperor's New Groove, and Atlantis.

I also have more "out there" picks like The Rescuers being involved in some way, but I think most of the ones I listed actually have some chance to be in the next game or two, along with the ones you mentioned lol.

horto12485

Awards
1: Treasure Planet: Cause there aren't any Pirate Themed Worlds left for the Next Saga after Using Neverland and Pirates of the Caribbean
2: The Jungle Book: First Tarzan and the Lion King (Unless they bring back the Pride Lands for the Next Saga or bring in Zootopia to the Fold i mean we haven't seen The Jungle Book shine in the Series so maybe the Next Saga has a Best chance to include The Jungle Book or Zootopia or The Return of the Pride Lands)
3: Princess and the Frog: I Wanted for Kingdom Hearts 3 but seeing as if we're not going to get it for this Game we might as well wait for the Next Saga to give us the Princess and the Frog world for the next Saga.

ItsBillyTheKid

The more and more I think about it, the more and more I want a world where we play as Kairi going inside Sora's mind to rescue him from some kind of internal evil threat, this being for Pixar's Inside Out. Just think about it. She rescues her man in a great adventure with the party member emotions who react hilariously and adorably to her being there at first. The emotions references the chaos that is Sora's life and how his memories were messed with and all of that, realm of sleep, everything! She learns more about Sora personally, and is now able to see herself through the eyes of Sora the way he sees her in his head.....

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
1: Treasure Planet: Cause there aren't any Pirate Themed Worlds left for the Next Saga after Using Neverland and Pirates of the Caribbean
2: The Jungle Book: First Tarzan and the Lion King (Unless they bring back the Pride Lands for the Next Saga or bring in Zootopia to the Fold i mean we haven't seen The Jungle Book shine in the Series so maybe the Next Saga has a Best chance to include The Jungle Book or Zootopia or The Return of the Pride Lands)
3: Princess and the Frog: I Wanted for Kingdom Hearts 3 but seeing as if we're not going to get it for this Game we might as well wait for the Next Saga to give us the Princess and the Frog world for the next Saga.

1. Agreed, not to mention that the 4th and 5th films are set two decades after the Third film which would make it more difficult to come back to the world, not to mention that the Third film was the conclusion of the original Pirates Trilogy, so Treasure Planet still has a good chance of being in the next game.

2. I'd rather go to either Zootopia and/or the Jungle Book as a world instead of returning to the Pride Lands just for the sake of the sequel. I'm going to be in the minority but I don't think we'll return to the Pride Lands not just because of how Simba was portrayed but also you got to understand it just comes down to: Where does the Story of Lions King 2 connect the Story for the next game? What lessons does Sora gain from that world? The variety and gameplay for that world? This is why I'd rather see another animal based Disney movie (e.g. Zootopia, Jungle Book, Bambi, Dumbo, etc..) that hasn't been represented as world in a future KH game and also have the Disney worlds feel connected to the KH plot just like how they were handled in KH and KH3.

3. 100% agree. I definitely feel that not adding in Princess and the Frog in KH3 was a missed opportunity. So I'm hoping to see it in the next game.

Last edited:

Promise85

Awards
1) First Original world
2) Toy Box (Toy Story)
3) Incredibles/ Pearcy Jackson/Thor (world with a mythological or superhero theme)
4) Pandora (Avatar)/ Jungle of book (world set in a jungle)
5) Brave (Disney princess)
6) Second Original world
7) Coco (paranormal/monstrous world)
8) Arendelle (Frozen, world set in an icy land/ Disney princess)
9) The Carribean (Pirates of Carribean)/Moana/Atlantis/Finding Nemo. I think that the Square and Disney will choose Pirates of Carribean again.
10) Princess and the frog (Disney princess and a charismatic enemy)
11) Zootopia
12) Sugarland (Wreck-it-Ralph). I imagine it more like sub-world of first original worlds.
13) First final world
14) Second final world

horto12485

Awards
1) First Original world
2) Toy Box (Toy Story)
3) Incredibles/ Pearcy Jackson/Thor (world with a mythological or superhero theme)
4) Pandora (Avatar)/ Jungle of book (world set in a jungle)
5) Brave (Disney princess)
6) Second Original world
7) Coco (paranormal/monstrous world)
8) Arendelle (Frozen, world set in an icy land/ Disney princess)
9) The Carribean (Pirates of Carribean)/Moana/Atlantis/Finding Nemo. I think that the Square and Disney will choose Pirates of Carribean again.
10) Princess and the frog (Disney princess and a charismatic enemy)
11) Zootopia
12) Sugarland (Wreck-it-Ralph). I imagine it more like sub-world of first original worlds.
13) First final world
14) Second final world

I doubt Pirates of the Caribbean is going to be back in the Next Saga but i just don't see it returning Since 4th and 5th takes place Two decades after the Third Film and I think Treasure Planet is the only Disney Pirate Themed Movie for the Next Saga.

ImVentus

Awards
Would be nice if future titles at least have more selection of worlds to offer.
And as long as the innocent charm of visiting a world is around, I don't see a need to dismiss properties cause they don't appear to fit with the narrative. Which we won't even know about until some day in the future.

However, a necessary requirement for future worlds, would be to give it the original plot treatment. If something is basing entirely on the film's premise, it won't be anywhere near as creative or memorable. You could just watch the film instead. Same can't be said for the game's interpretation.
Also, a better balance to classic features & modern Disney flicks.

Promise85

Awards
I doubt Pirates of the Caribbean is going to be back in the Next Saga but i just don't see it returning Since 4th and 5th takes place Two decades after the Third Film and I think Treasure Planet is the only Disney Pirate Themed Movie for the Next Saga.
Yes, it is likely that the world of the treasure planet will be inserted in place of the Pirates of the Caribbean. Certainly the intellectual properties of Century fox will be inserted.

GrandWebster

Walt Disney animated movies:

- Princess and the Frog
- Wreck-it Ralph
- Zootopia
- Moana
- Frozen ( I think Frozen is the only one returning, who wouldn't want Elsa as a party member)
- 100 Acre Woods (or a different mini-game world)

Pixar:
Toy Story
The Incredibles
Coco

Live-Action:
Star Wars New Hope

The Next Saga will probably be a Trilogy again, So any Newer Disney movies (Like that movie Onward) I think would be for after KH4. There are still plenty of great movies they can use now as worlds and I think they can fit starting out the Brand New Saga fresh.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
So any Newer Disney movies (Like that movie Onward) I think would be for after KH4. There are still plenty of great movies they can use now as worlds and I think they can fit starting out the Brand New Saga fresh.
True, but on the contrary, Nomura has said in past interviews that both him and his team get to see early previews of Disney's upcoming films (particularly the animated films and Pixar films) before they're released in Theaters. Let's not forget that we had gotten films such as Tron: Legacy which was included as world in DDD, just 2 years after the film came out and also Big Hero 6 was announced as a world in Kingdom Hearts III just one year after it was released in theaters and now the film is 4 1/2 years old by now.

So so frankly I expect the same thing for the next Disney or Pixar film(s) incorporated into a KH game just 2-4 years after they came out in theaters.

GrandWebster

I think I'm the only person who doesn't get the full Appeal of Atlantis and Treasure Planet at this point.

These were movies where Disney were trying to be edgy for the boys. I don't see anything Atlantis or TS related in any Disney theme park or resort. Especially adding Treasure Planet since that movie Disney they didn't care for, Thats like adding the Black Cauldron (which almost bankrupted Disney and stopped the Fairy tale/Fantasy-movies adaptation at that time)

So with that, Understand that people here want them for Nostalgia, But when I look at it from a Business perspective, these two movies specifically don't have the Brand Recognition, to the point I don't think Disney remembers making these movies. But these two have been around for almost two decades, i don't seem them referenced and don't have any live-actions in the works. I just don't see them happening IMO

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
So with that, Understand that people here want them for Nostalgia, But when I look at it from a Business perspective, these two movies specifically don't have the Brand Recognition, to the point I don't think Disney remembers making these movies. But these two are pretty old and don't have any live-actions in the works. I just don't see them happening IMO

Gratifying nostalgia is a big part of what makes KH work for me. It seems a shame to write out/ignore all the 2000s films (and for that measure, the 70s-80s films) when so many of them would make for some unique environments and fun game play.

GrandWebster

Gratifying nostalgia is a big part of what makes KH work for me. It seems a shame to write out/ignore all the 2000s films (and for that measure, the 70s-80s films) when so many of them would make for some unique environments and fun game play.
I Know its the same for me, Toy Story and Monsters Inc. were the only things I cared about the mosy. But It just seems so unheard off these two movies, it sucks too that I enjoyed Treasure Planet it was a nice change of pace, but I agree and say it didn't capture the Magic it was known for, but I knew for the longest that Disney send Treasure Planet out to die knowing its competition at the Box Office (Harry Potter!? Really Disney?)

People say things about Tron, but Tron has been has been growing to a cult following in japan and seeing I guess live-action Disney movies is always a treat if done right. DDD was a way for them to do experimental worlds.
If I had to choose one of the two, I think the Treasure Planet has a stronger Cult following, however...
Its especially hard now when you have other Space-themed movies that are more profitable like Wall-e, or even Non-Disney movies that could appear like Star Wars (wouldn't want it, but its possible) I think the competition is too apparent now.

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I have no real nostalgia for Atlantis. It's because of what it can offer as a world is usually why it's wanted. From the unique environments, really fitting story, and potential fun gameplay mechanics.

It has all the makings to be one of the better worlds in the series, especially visually.

GrandWebster

Let's see. based on some others, i like this
Kingdom Hearts IV MWs:

- New Orleans
- Sugar Rush
- Toy Box
- Arendelle
- Zootopia
- The Pacific Ocean (Moana)
- Metroville
- Santa Cecilia
- A Galaxy Far Far Away

KH games release schedule is usually 2-3 years, do people think the next game will KH4, because I would think so.

Last edited:
Back