• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will we have a Keyblade War game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azayix

i think there will be a new keyblade war. I mean in the KH2 nearly everyone has one, Riku literally throws one to Kairi!
There would obviously be more to it than just a war but i think it will happen.
I would die if there was a KHMMO!! it would SUCK :mad:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i think there will be a new keyblade war. I mean in the KH2 nearly everyone has one, Riku literally throws one to Kairi!

Yeah, because he had an extra one to spare. That does not mean he was throwing them left and right to random people like some kind of flower girl trying to empty her basket. :\ Keyblades are unique, and difficult to obtain. Even if you undergo the rite, you still may not receive a Keyblade of your own. And I wouldn't go so far as to say that everyone has one when not even/barely 10 of them do, and quite of few of them make up a single person.

There would obviously be more to it than just a war but i think it will happen.

Uh.. sure?

I would die if there was a KHMMO!! it would SUCK :mad:

Something we agree on then. Not the dying part though.

Xorne

The Keyblade War MMO idea is the most common idea ever :\ Probably everyone's thought about it at some point, regardless of how many games they've played, if any at all. At least imo, the KH universe has always been too... restricted for something like an MMO to exist.

I'm actually hoping that restrictions will keep an MMO from happening to Kingdom Hearts. It already seems like the fanbase isn't exactly thrilled about having games blanketing different consoles... Could you imagine the complaints against an MMO for KH? *ESPECIALLY* if Squeenix tried to pull something off like Blizzard's been doing. "Want a cosmic-fruity-looking unicorn mount for your 100 mount achievement so you can have a dragonhawk mount later down the line? $25US and you can use it on all characters across all servers on one account! How about this vanity pet? $10US! Also, we have a few plush toys that come with an activation code for a vanity pet... another $xxUS!"

Not to mention I'm sure people would amp up the complaints when they realized they'd have to pay subscription costs each month so servers could be maintained, patches released, updates, downtime for maintenance (which if it became anything like Blizzard's can become quite annoying at times; I've never gotten into FFXI so I'm not sure how Squeenix does it)... ugh. Yeah, thanks but no thanks. :p

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Beside all this, a war is more than just 10 to 20 people beating the crap out of each other, not to mention that most of the keyblade wielders we have as of now are more or less close allies, and two of them are not independent people anymore.

Sorry, just because it may sound thrilling it doesn't mean we have to get one. Xehanort is not interested in the war itself but what happened directly in the afternath.
Furthermore, Disney declined having a KH Dissidia because they didn't want their characters to fight at a grand scale, so why would they allow an even bloodier "Keyblade War" then?

Key

Exile
Awards
Honestly, I don't think a Keyblade Wars game will happen. The MMO idea is decent, but there's all those problems that Xorne mentioned, PLUS the fact that FFXIV was a complete failure, so that might drive some fans away from it...

IF they do anything with the Keyblade Wars, I think it should be a novel, a manga/graphic novel series, or just flashbacks in a later KH game :/

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm actually hoping that restrictions will keep an MMO from happening to Kingdom Hearts. It already seems like the fanbase isn't exactly thrilled about having games blanketing different consoles... Could you imagine the complaints against an MMO for KH? *ESPECIALLY* if Squeenix tried to pull something off like Blizzard's been doing. "Want a cosmic-fruity-looking unicorn mount for your 100 mount achievement so you can have a dragonhawk mount later down the line? $25US and you can use it on all characters across all servers on one account! How about this vanity pet? $10US! Also, we have a few plush toys that come with an activation code for a vanity pet... another $xxUS!"

Not to mention I'm sure people would amp up the complaints when they realized they'd have to pay subscription costs each month so servers could be maintained, patches released, updates, downtime for maintenance (which if it became anything like Blizzard's can become quite annoying at times; I've never gotten into FFXI so I'm not sure how Squeenix does it)... ugh. Yeah, thanks but no thanks. :p

I'm not sure about your idea, but your name is suspicious: Xehanort = Xorne, what do you have to say for yourself?

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Maybe another Keyblade War will happen in Kh3? I mean, it seems to be leading to it. If not then maybe in the next saga. If the saga, meaning that the next one is in the past, is solely about the Keyblade War then we may finally figure out the origin of the Keyblades.

Awards
I could see two scenarios:

1. Having a Keyblade War game, post-KH3, like people mentioned.
2. Having some sort of "flashbacks" to the Keyblade War in KH3 because the events that unfold there are the key to understanding something.

Either way, I guarantee it will be depicted. They wouldn't bring it up, shrouded in mystery, for no reason.
But I'm inclined toward the latter option for a couple reasons.

First, remember, even post-KH3, the series is still Sora's story. Even in games where we didn't play as Sora (Days, BbS), Sora was still an integral part of the story. I can't imagine Sora having any ties to the Keyblade War.

Additionally, the Keyblade War was brought up in the Xehanort saga. By Xehanort himself. It would seem fitting that he could finally bear witness to the very event that compelled him to do all he has done.

Box_ghost

What do you think? Will we?

Some douchebag with a tree trunk up their ass deleted every Nomura interview.
However if they were still up, in regards to BBS being the KBW, he said that' its an event in the past that you could also think of as in the future.'
Or something along those lines.

So I wouldn't doubt it.

cwajo13

I could imagine like in KH3 Xehanort achieved the true Kingdom Hearts and he would finally see the truth of the Keyblade War and TAV would be freed and they team up with Riku,Sora and Mickey for the final confrontation then Xehanort puts them in a dream like state where they would experience a part of the Keyblade War through the eyes of past warriors and we could play through a level of that. It would explain exactly what the war was about. I wouldn't mind if it was like that but a scene would be alright too.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Personally I think they may have one in KH 3, cause Xehanort said he wanted "to see what waited beyond the keyblade war" which never actually happened.

And who should fight that war?
We only have seven keyblade wielders so far (Sora, Riku, Mickey, Terra, Aqua, Xehanort and Ventus), nine if one wants to count Roxas and Xion in as separate people and ten if we suppose Vanitas still exists...still way too few for a war.

Even if all those would clash at the same time, it would only be a skirmish.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well thers probably like a hundred unknown keyblade warriors out there right? Sora could go and find them and start recruiting? though personally that wouldnt be much fun:(

That may be a possibility, but not for KH III, as that entry is dedicated to saving all the tormented people and foiling Xehanort's plans, then defeat him for good.
As for looking for other keyblade wielders, I wonder what Sora would have for a reason to seek out more keybladers and "recruit" them, if everything goes alright in the end at least Terra, Aqua and Ventus will be back in Action for sure, (Xion and Roxas are still question marks, though) and adding Mickey and Riku on top and maybe Kairi getting her own blade in the new saga Sora would have enough allies to face a new threat.

Except however the new threat would be an army of evil keyblade wielders where each one is as strong as Xehanort was, lol.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I know, but sora would have all the more reason if Yen Sid told him there would be a war making all the more reason to find new recruits right
PS has anyone noticed yen sid is Disney spelt bakwards? like seriously!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know, but sora would have all the more reason if Yen Sid told him there would be a war making all the more reason to find new recruits right
PS has anyone noticed yen sid is Disney spelt bakwards? like seriously!

Eh, I doubt Yen Sid would say there is war when Xehanort is just one man. I don't imagine a war any time in this Saga, and it is a very small chance in the next.

I think everybody knows that, considering Yen Sid's character was made YEAAAAARS ago and it was done on purpose. o_o

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
this is XEHANORT we are talking about here! he'll probably find some badass wielders and an entire army of heartless and nobodys!
PS i just neer pay attention to those little things like backwards names

Magnum

this is XEHANORT we are talking about here! he'll probably find some badass wielders and an entire army of heartless and nobodys!
PS i just neer pay attention to those little things like backwards names

I doubt he'll find some keyblade wielders who are evil just like him since all the known ones are all good. I can see the army of Heartless and Nobodies though.

raycat27_2003

Awards
I doubt he'll find some keyblade wielders who are evil just like him since all the known ones are all good. I can see the army of Heartless and Nobodies though.

^ This and I think he'll have the power to bring back the Unversed somehow w/o the use of Vanitas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back