• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Sora end up manipulated by MX?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobizzle

This is something I briefly mentioned in a Vanitas thread, and I have also seen the idea entertained on various websites-and so I've started thinking it could be a strong possibility.

What if Sora does indeed join the seekers of darkness? Nomura did say at one point that we could all be surprised at just who the 13 darknesses and 7 lights could be. Think about it: what would be a better way for Xehanort to conquer the heroes and new "keyblade war" than to get the most inspirational hero to succumb to the darkness? We saw that he tried it with Riku once. He ultimately failed because Riku's heart conquered the darkness and because Sora and Kairi never gave up on him, even when he felt he had hit his lowest point. Plus Riku never willingly joined the bad side either, before he became possessed in KH1 he mainly sided with Maleficent and the villains to spite Sora out of anger more than anything.

But Sora? We very well could see him hit his lowest point in KH3. For starters he did fail his MoM exam, but that's not the only factor to consider. He was humiliated by the Organization when he easily fell into their trap throughout all of DDD, plus they tormented him mentally-the guilt over the fates of Roxas, Namine and Xion, as well as the fact that Sora was never deemed worthy of the keyblade in the first place.

And it could get worse. For example: when Ventus is awakened, what if Sora becomes weaker? Ventus's heart could indeed be what helped shape Sora into a formidable wielder, even if it isn't the reason for why Sora has a keyblade. Eventually the keyblade could abandon Sora altogether again, thus forcing Yen Sid to not name him a GoL. Sora could then be manipulated by both MX and Vanitas, saying that he is nothing without his friends and is only dead weight to them, and that Riku is vastly superior. They could talk him into being jealous of Riku, saying that he's the true hero and the one who keeps Kairi safe and other things, and then they both convince Sora to give into the darkness to prove that he is still powerful. He could be possessed by Vanitas-who taps into Sora's personal darkness.

Obviously I'm not suggesting Sora will become a villain that the heroes have to vanquish, as he would clearly overcome his manipulation to defeat MX and prove his worth, but it is an intriguing concept that could happen. MX is no doubt a master at creating "puppets" and I'd have to imagine Sora would be his targeted victim in KH3. So what do you guys think?

Sorry, I'll only tell you that I live in Kentucky~
Evil or manipulated Sora? I would squeal like a giddy school girl if this happened. I have an evil Sora fetish apparently. But going back to your theory, yes I could see this happening. Xehanort could threaten something he holds dear to him (I'll leave that up to the views to decide.) I don't see him becoming a villain for too long though. I could also see the puppet thing happening, hopefully for them they didn't get rid of all the data they needed to create a puppet. Xehanort is just too smart to throw it all away. Anyway, great theory! :3

BlueKey777

Banned
This theory is awesome! Theres gotta be an evil Sora dude now! I'm keeping my guard up when KH3 comes out because there will no doubt be a crazy plot twist.

GamePlayya

U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
This is something I briefly mentioned in a Vanitas thread, and I have also seen the idea entertained on various websites-and so I've started thinking it could be a strong possibility.

What if Sora does indeed join the seekers of darkness? Nomura did say at one point that we could all be surprised at just who the 13 darknesses and 7 lights could be. Think about it: what would be a better way for Xehanort to conquer the heroes and new "keyblade war" than to get the most inspirational hero to succumb to the darkness? We saw that he tried it with Riku once. He ultimately failed because Riku's heart conquered the darkness and because Sora and Kairi never gave up on him, even when he felt he had hit his lowest point. Plus Riku never willingly joined the bad side either, before he became possessed in KH1 he mainly sided with Maleficent and the villains to spite Sora out of anger more than anything.

But Sora? We very well could see him hit his lowest point in KH3. For starters he did fail his MoM exam, but that's not the only factor to consider. He was humiliated by the Organization when he easily fell into their trap throughout all of DDD, plus they tormented him mentally-the guilt over the fates of Roxas, Namine and Xion, as well as the fact that Sora was never deemed worthy of the keyblade in the first place.

And it could get worse. For example: when Ventus is awakened, what if Sora becomes weaker? Ventus's heart could indeed be what helped shape Sora into a formidable wielder, even if it isn't the reason for why Sora has a keyblade. Eventually the keyblade could abandon Sora altogether again, thus forcing Yen Sid to not name him a GoL. Sora could then be manipulated by both MX and Vanitas, saying that he is nothing without his friends and is only dead weight to them, and that Riku is vastly superior. They could talk him into being jealous of Riku, saying that he's the true hero and the one who keeps Kairi safe and other things, and then they both convince Sora to give into the darkness to prove that he is still powerful. He could be possessed by Vanitas-who taps into Sora's personal darkness.

Obviously I'm not suggesting Sora will become a villain that the heroes have to vanquish, as he would clearly overcome his manipulation to defeat MX and prove his worth, but it is an intriguing concept that could happen. MX is no doubt a master at creating "puppets" and I'd have to imagine Sora would be his targeted victim in KH3. So what do you guys think?

Remember that a secret drive form of KHII is a shadow Sora. This form is immensely weak, however can deal massive amounts of damage if you drop your guard for a second. Sora could succumb to the darkness as he has done that before. He basically sacrificed himself to bring Kairi back. This made him vulnerable; however, Kairi revived him near instantly since she is a PoL. The precious thing to Soar is both Kairi AND Riku. It'll ne hard for Sora to give up like that again, but it is definitely possible.

Bobizzle

Evil or manipulated Sora? I would squeal like a giddy school girl if this happened. I have an evil Sora fetish apparently. But going back to your theory, yes I could see this happening. Xehanort could threaten something he holds dear to him (I'll leave that up to the views to decide.) I don't see him becoming a villain for too long though. I could also see the puppet thing happening, hopefully for them they didn't get rid of all the data they needed to create a puppet. Xehanort is just too smart to throw it all away. Anyway, great theory! :3

I think a Sora Replica would be awesome, but I don't think Xehanort would have to necessarily use a lot of data to create one. Really Vanitas alone could make for a convincing imposter Sora. I'm not sure he's bother with the process though.

And lol I agree with you, I'd like to see Sora dabble into the dark side a little bit. He is the protagonist of the series yes, but his vulnerability and faults still need to be exploited some-especially when it comes to finally facing off with the primary antagonist. Basically what I would love to see in KH3 is for Sora to succeed where Terra failed-manipulated by MX, allowing his darkness to nearly consume him, then fight him in a fit of rage to gain redemption.

Like how Terra was forced to lose Eraqus, it would be awesome if Sora was forced to lose someone as well as a consequence for being brainwashed by MX. And then he could use that as his driving force and resolve to fight MX, defeat him, and finally prove that he is a worthy keyblade wielder and hero. Of course the only effective way for this to happen is if Sora loses Riku or Kairi-which is most likely not gonna happen because it would make the story pretty dark. Maybe he could lose Yen Sid or AtW instead.

The precious thing to Sora is both Kairi AND Riku. It'll ne hard for Sora to give up like that again, but it is definitely possible.

like I said in my post before, a manipulation that causes Sora to lose Riku or Kairi would be interesting but also dark so it likely would never happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

MyNameisAnsem

I don't know, it already almost happened once before. I feel like the heroes would be more prepared for that a second time.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I doubt we'll see it personally. Nomura mentions that DDD's ending had to be changed and given we see Sora rescued it's likely the old ending was him not getting rescued.
But that's just a hunch on my part, I don't see Disney letting him make Sora evil.

Bobizzle

I don't know, it already almost happened once before. I feel like the heroes would be more prepared for that a second time.
Riku would definitely be more prepared over it, but one of Sora's main weaknesses is that he has always been gullible and naive. And that's something that I anticipate MX taking full advantage of. Just like how he did with Terra.

Really Sora and Terra are more alike than people think. Both believe they can overcome any odds, show no fear, and both are easily duped because they are either too trusting or too shortsighted to see the bigger picture on things. The only difference between the two is that Terra has a more aggresive personality and commands darkness while Sora is kind and mostly avoids darkness.

I doubt we'll see it personally. Nomura mentions that DDD's ending had to be changed and given we see Sora rescued it's likely the old ending was him not getting rescued.
But that's just a hunch on my part, I don't see Disney letting him make Sora evil.

True but it could be because he felt it was too soon to go that direction. And really that just proves that Nomura has at least heavily considered turning Sora to darkness.

I doubt Disney would mind because obviously Sora wouldn't become fully evil. He's the primary hero of the series, so he would come to his senses and likely conquer Xehanort himself. But I'm guessing one of the main story points in KH3 will be Sora hitting rock bottom, and climbing back to the top to prove that he is a hero and worthy of being a keyblade master. And I hope that's the way it'll be because that is the whole point of Sora's character-the dull, ordinary boy who proves to be more than what meets the eye.

Gram

Banned
Awards
True but it could be because he felt it was too soon to go that direction. And really that just proves that Nomura has at least heavily considered turning Sora to darkness.

I doubt Disney would mind because obviously Sora wouldn't become fully evil. He's the primary hero of the series, so he would come to his senses and likely conquer Xehanort himself. But I'm guessing one of the main story points in KH3 will be Sora hitting rock bottom, and climbing back to the top to prove that he is a hero and worthy of being a keyblade master. And I hope that's the way it'll be because that is the whole point of Sora's character-the dull, ordinary boy who proves to be more than what meets the eye.

I'm sure he's considered it.

It's actually cause he's the main hero that I doubt they'd allow it personally. DDD seems to have been the theme or Sora hitting rock bottom after all "light fell to darkness". Even if he wasn't seeded Xehanort did manage to get Sora to fall to darkness in the form of sleep.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It's actually cause he's the main hero that I doubt they'd allow it personally. DDD seems to have been the theme or Sora hitting rock bottom after all "light fell to darkness". Even if he wasn't seeded Xehanort did manage to get Sora to fall to darkness in the form of sleep.

Agreed, not to mention that the main story points in KH III are already known with saving the tormented ones, the final battle against Xehanort and preventing the universe going to shit again like with the first Keyblade War.
Since both Blank Points and Re: Coded stated that Sora is the one who has to save the tormented ones (not surprising also since three of them are located directly inside him), having him falling to darkness again would prevent that and thus isn't very likely.

Furthermore, while Sora may be a bit naive and too trusting sometimes, he isn't THAT stupid that he would fall for the same thing twice.
Not to mention that even the issues in DDD could have been prevented if Mickey had informed Sora beforehand of everything he learned in Re: Coded.
The situation of using the painful memories of the tormented against Sora's heart had aready been identified by Data-Naminé and she explicitly warned about the dangers. The lapse of Mickey (and Yen Sid) to not warn Sora about these dangers before starting the MoM was what made the manipulations of Team Xehanort even possible to be this effective in the first place.
Then again though, they almost surely didn't expect Xehanort to already interfere with the exam itself so maybe they planned to brief Sora on that after the exam was done.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Agreed, not to mention that the main story points in KH III are already known with saving the tormented ones, the final battle against Xehanort and preventing the universe going to shit again like with the first Keyblade War.
Since both Blank Points and Re: Coded stated that Sora is the one who has to save the tormented ones (not surprising also since three of them are located directly inside him), having him falling to darkness again would prevent that and thus isn't very likely.

Furthermore, while Sora may be a bit naive and too trusting sometimes, he isn't THAT stupid that he would fall for the same thing twice.
Not to mention that even the issues in DDD could have been prevented if Mickey had informed Sora beforehand of everything he learned in Re: Coded.
The situation of using the painful memories of the tormented against Sora's heart had aready been identified by Data-Naminé and she explicitly warned about the dangers. The lapse of Mickey (and Yen Sid) to not warn Sora about these dangers before starting the MoM was what made the manipulations of Team Xehanort even possible to be this effective in the first place.
Then again though, they almost surely didn't expect Xehanort to already interfere with the exam itself so maybe they planned to brief Sora on that after the exam was done.

True as well, despite the hit to his IQ in KH2, Sora isn't that dumb. It's mostly on Mickey and Yen Sid though no one could've predicted MX's Aizen-level planning in DDD.

I do still wonder what DDD's original ending was though given it seems to hint at Sora falling to MX.

Bobizzle

DDD probably was MX's plan to join the darkness, so with that foiled he may give up on that I guess. I definitely don't think Xehanort is done with the mind games on Sora though.

Well keep in mind that I mentioned my theory taking place after Ventus was rescued/revived, so I meant Sora being manipulated after the tormented were rescued. So near end game, assuming the tormented gets rescued before the penultimate events of the game.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think DDD explored that possibility as much as we're going to see it.. Sora's been shown to usually be a smart fella, at least in 1, COM, and his data version in Coded, so things should be fine in III, hopefully. Besides, we play as him, and they're not going to mislead Sora, if we as players are not also misled.

Master Ultima

Awards
If Xehanort thought about manipulating Sora he would've brought back Vanitas instead since he is what Sora would look like if he turned to the darkness for good or since he represents kinda what his dark half would look like.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Maybe briefly, then yeah I can see Sora being manipulated, but that's about it. I would love to see it happen, but Sora's the type of main character that will always be good. Riku was the one who went dark and came back. It's also the same with Vegeta in DBZ and Sasuke in Naruto. It was Sora(and the help of his friends) that helped Riku see the light, so I don't see him going to the dark, even if it is briefly.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
What if vanitas is sora. When vens darkness was extracted, he used soars heart to mend. Xehanort knew of this connection and somehow manages to get sora to be a darkness and brings him to the keyblade graveyard and puts vens darkness in him

nxtgarnett5

As much as id like for the final battle to be against a dark sora. After we have played with him for so long and then if he ends up being the final boss, would be interesting. But I just don't see anything like that happening. They gave us a tease of "taking sora" in DDD. But I think that's where it will end

MyNameisAnsem

What if vanitas is sora. When vens darkness was extracted, he used soars heart to mend. Xehanort knew of this connection and somehow manages to get sora to be a darkness and brings him to the keyblade graveyard and puts vens darkness in him

Not exactly. Vanitas looks like Sora because of the link Sora and Ventus have. Because Vanitas is a part of Ventus, he took on Sora's appearance.

Bobizzle

;6195421 said:
As much as id like for the final battle to be against a dark sora. After we have played with him for so long and then if he ends up being the final boss, would be interesting. But I just don't see anything like that happening. They gave us a tease of "taking sora" in DDD. But I think that's where it will end

A dark Sora wouldn't be the final boss, obviously if he turned dark he would be like a mini boss where you fight him as Riku to make him come to his senses.

I think a dark Sora is a concept that Nomura will heavily consider in the next saga, but I suppose it wouldn't make much sense to explore it in KH3 like everyone said. I just figured that maybe Nomura was making Sora out to be like Terra in his fight against MX. Except that Sora would conquer Xehanort.

Vanitas impersonating Sora could still be a possibility though. Mind games is Xehanort's forte after all.

MegaCore5

Awards
A dark Sora wouldn't be the final boss, obviously if he turned dark he would be like a mini boss where you fight him as Riku to make him come to his senses.

I think a dark Sora is a concept that Nomura will heavily consider in the next saga, but I suppose it wouldn't make much sense to explore it in KH3 like everyone said. I just figured that maybe Nomura was making Sora out to be like Terra in his fight against MX. Except that Sora would conquer Xehanort.

Vanitas impersonating Sora could still be a possibility though. Mind games is Xehanort's forte after all.
Dark Sora has been a Boss in a few of the titles already. He was in KH1 in Neverland and again in Re:Coded so I doubt he will be a major boss let alone a final one. Dark Sora could be the series antagonist after kingdom hearts 3 perhaps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back