• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why the PS3 AND the wii both need a KH game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Uh, why not? If you even go Classic Controller Pro you pretty much are playing with a Wii-DualShock.

Obviously I was thinking in terms of Square-Enix, as in, why -they- might want to put a KH game on the Wii.

I can easily see an enjoyable experience on the Wii.

Enjoyable =/= best experience.
They might possibly make a great game for the Wii. But whatever they make on that wouldn't be as good as what they could make on the PS3. We could argue this all day, but there won't be a KH game on the Wii. Even Nomura's admitted that he wouldn't develop a KH game for the system, although he would be interested in making something else.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Enjoyable =/= best experience.
They might possibly make a great game for the Wii. But whatever they make on that wouldn't be as good as what they could make on the PS3. We could argue this all day, but there won't be a KH game on the Wii.

If I remember correctly, around E3, in Gameinformer Interview, Nomura asked if he had any interest in making any KH games for PS3, Wii, or iPhone. He replied that he had no plans at the time, but had an interest in doing so. Of course, this doesn't prove he is making a game for Wii, but it proves it's a possibility.

Even Nomura's admitted that he wouldn't develop a KH game for the system, although he would be interested in making something else.

Source?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
But whatever they make on that wouldn't be as good as what they could make on the PS3.
That's complete bullshit, really.
There's nothing saying that PS3 automatically = a better game.
It all depends on what they do with it.

there won't be a KH game on the Wii.
You really have no way of knowing. Like I pointed out earlier in the thread, there almost was. Re:Coded was originally going to be made for WiiWare. Clearly, Nomura and Co aren't against the system.

Even Nomura's admitted that he wouldn't develop a KH game for the system
Source?

Raebus

I'd love to hear a greater explanation as to why you think the PS3 has a greater chance of getting a KH title, besides graphics. Not that I disagree, it is a more likely platform to get the next KH title but when people just talk about graphics and nothing else, it's just really annoying.

@oathkeeper

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'd love to hear a greater explanation as to why you think the PS3 has a greater chance of getting a KH title, besides graphics. Not that I disagree, it is a more likely platform to get the next KH title but when people just talk about graphics and nothing else, it's just really annoying.

@oathkeeper

Sorry, but i know there still alot. But we don't have the power to choose the system, the creators have that happy power. I know the P23 has a powerful hardwere, Blu-ray capabilites, etc, but the only consle that wouldn't have you move around like a idoit is Xbox 360 and I'll be killed by Sephiroth for saying that. Maybe after KH 3D blows over, the whole console choosing can continue.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
As if the PS3 needed a mediocre RPG series like Kingdom Hearts '='

lol nothing that people say can justify having the next main installment of KH exclusively on PS3.

siegleeagle

To be honest I dont care what system it is on. My preference is ps3 because I like a series to stay on 1 platform or at the most 2 if the installments on the second platform is a new game and not a port. But if it moves to another console Im not going to get butthurt over it just because I might not be able to play a game.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I think the reason why the PS3 will receive a KH game and the Wii will not, is simply because of the PS3's processing power. One of the most enjoyable aspects of the Kingdom Hearts franchise is the ability to defeat hordes upon hordes of enemies (heartless, nobodies, etc). To be able to have this many enemies on the screen all at once all depends on the console's horsepower, something that the Wii lacks. Just take a look at Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop. One of the reasons I enjoyed, and why it felt more like a KH game, BBS more than Days was because there were than 4 heartless on the screen. Although the Wii is more powerful than a PS2, I feel like it wouldn't be that different than KH II, and at this point I think many of us are tired of retreads.

Not only that, but the PS3's Blu Ray disk provides vast amounts of storage, something that both the 360 and Wii have major issues with. The 360 version of FF XIII suffered from compressed audio and visuals. Super Smash Brothers Brawl was dual layered, and the Wii had issues playing even that.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Why does everyone seem to treat this as a "one or the other" scenario?

Tatsu

The plan for SE to make the most money is this:

Wii: A tie in game leading up to KH3 or side adventure like the Keyblade War

PS3- KH3

There the wii and PS3 have RPGs worth buying and SE makes truckloads of money because there is zero RPG competition on either system.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why does everyone seem to treat this as a "one or the other" scenario?

I don't. I believe in the future there will be a KH game on the Wii. But not before the PS3.

Another thing is if people complained about the lack of NCPs in BBS, there will be a similar issue with the Wii.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Eh, that's kind of just how it is for the series.

Obviously, but I think it made a head in BBS when people actually realized the worlds are hollow and now it seems to be a major thing fans wish to be fixed.

Nobody cared in KH1 because it was fun and challenging. Nobody cared in CoM because it was just memories and there was enough confusion to ignore the NCP thing. Nobody caed in KH2 because everybody was complaining about how simple the gameplay was and the writing being less than adequate. Nobody cared in Days because many don't even like that game. But BBS was good and there were places in certain worlds that should have had tons of people around that didn't.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Yeah, but if it is a series problem, that means it probably isn't likely to be fixed, regardless of whatever platform future titles are on.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, but if it is a series problem, that means it probably isn't likely to be fixed, regardless of whatever platform future titles are on.

Platforming an difficulty has been a series problem. I haven't seen Nomura sitting back and having his team do nothing. Or the camera.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Platforming an difficulty has been a series problem. I haven't seen Nomura sitting back and having his team do nothing. Or the camera.
Those are problems that have been addressed on a game-by-game basis though. This has gone untouched for ten games or so. They probably aren't even aware that it is a "problem" at all.

αsiя

space coke
Implying KH3 will actually be an epic RPG. Also implying that KH3 will even come out for the Wii or PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back