• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why the PS3 AND the wii both need a KH game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Final Fantasy 14 doesn't count since it a online RPG with no story. Plus the game has already proven to be a failure.
Good story or no it's still an RPG on the PS3 which was the entire point.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I'd rather it be on the Wii, personally.

I love me some Nintendo waggle.

The Wii almost had a KH title. They were originally going to put Re:Coded on it.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I love how many people are avoiding the actual point of the thread.

Anyway, I really don't see it happening for Wii unless some new innovative control system comes up that utilizes the Wii controller/Nunchuk, which would ultimately mean a system like Twilight Princess, I think. Otherwise, I don't see it working beyond using a Wii controller sideways as a worse-off substitute for a Playstation controller.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Shinkirō;5365773 said:

Anyway, I really don't see it happening for Wii unless some new innovative control system comes up that utilizes the Wii controller/Nunchuk, which would ultimately mean a system like Twilight Princess, I think. Otherwise, I don't see it working beyond using a Wii controller sideways as a worse-off substitute for a Playstation controller.

Completely agreed.

Also i agree with loke13 PS3 has many RPG's coming and personally i'd like to have KH on PS3 because of what Shinkiro said^^ and because it's more powerful than a Wii.

Plus let's not forget that Wii gets an awesome RPG soon...Last Story so it doesn't need KH. :DD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Uh, PS3...what about FF XIII? Was this such an epic fail it doesn't count as a RPG?

Also, I don't get this wii-worshipping...PS3 is clearly the better platform, although I won't really mind if they made a parallel release of KH III for PS3 and X360...

vnnk

Its a shame while we have our console wars while the PC dose not even get a wee mention for a KH game Very Very unlikely but would be interesting

Btw i would like KH3 To be on the ps3 Simply because i own a 360 i love it with all my heart but i want a reason To try the PS3 It could be amazing Plus in my experience there are quite alot of people in the 360 Community that would think it is Stupid and "gay" such is there Douchy Nature. But then again just my opinion

Coeurl

Demon Dance
The PS3 and the wii are in dire need of an epic RPG.
you mean kingdom hearts? ok

...both consoles will have their taste of KH sooner or later anyway. see: the next saga >_>
sooner = ps3
later = wii
but that's just me so whatever xD

Pratiko

Awards
PS3 is getting a port of Tales of Graces and a new Tales exclusive for PS3. Look forward to that.

Tatsu

^The wii Us was supposed to get Tales of Graces as well as the PS3 owners of the US. But the US release like the US release for the PS3 Tales of Vesperia has been cancelled. So there goes another potentially good RPG for the PS3 and wii down the drain.

blackberi

So much Wii hate. xD I was actually incredibly impressed by Epic Mickey's graphics but of course it's no where close to PS3 abilities. My reason for hating the idea of KH3 on the Wii is the controls... I don't think I would like it very much at all.

So yeah, I'm hoping it'll be on the PS3... it'll give me an excuse to buy one. C:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Its a shame while we have our console wars while the PC dose not even get a wee mention for a KH game Very Very unlikely but would be interesting

Btw i would like KH3 To be on the ps3 Simply because i own a 360 i love it with all my heart but i want a reason To try the PS3 It could be amazing Plus in my experience there are quite alot of people in the 360 Community that would think it is Stupid and "gay" such is there Douchy Nature. But then again just my opinion

PC will never get a KH game. Not too many people own computers made for gaming.

And yeah. A lot of 360 "hardcore gamers" think KH is stupid so why even cater to them. Nomura doesn't even like the 360 so yeah.

PS3 is the best choice just for the overall power of the system, as well as the fact it will definitely sell a ton of PS3s. I have wanted one and there have been at least 15 games I have wanted on the PS3 but I haven't bought them or the system because I want to wait for KH and FFVersusXIII to be on there. (because I can wait for FFXIII and MGS4 a little longer)

Wii, while being a nice system, isn't the ideal system I imagine a KH game on. It would either have to have some unique uses of the motion or be controlled with a normal controller. And if that is going to happen, just put it on the PS3. And the fact PS3 has motion control now (which I find more superior to the Wii controls) so whatever the Wii had going for it isn't there anymore.

And since I see KH expanding in terms of worlds and gameplay, the Wii wouldn't be powerful enough for everything the fans want and everything the developers will make. At least with a main title.

I can see KH having a game on the Wii, but not before the PS3.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Shinkirō;5365773 said:

Classic Controller exists, you know.
so whatever the Wii had going for it isn't there anymore.
It has a bigger install base than the PS3 does.

I could see one con of putting it on the PS3 being that it would take longer to develop it, generally speaking. (Not to mention more expensive)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I could see one con of putting it on the PS3 being that it would take longer to develop it, generally speaking. (Not to mention more expensive)

It does, but I always hear around "If KH came on the PS3 I'd by the system" And if SE really wants to get the product out, they probably make a 360 version (even if I can't see Nomura allowing that to happen, even if it is an exec order)

It would take longer, but I feel like if they were going to be working on a KH game on a PS3, they'd have both the Tokyo and Osaka teams working on it in order to cut the production time down. Costs would raise in order to pay everybody as well as the production costs for a PS3 game in general, but if they felt they were going to get that money back from sales they would do it.

This is also why FFVersusXIII exists. I think Nomura is using it as a test.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I own the Wii. I love it. I play it all the time. I don't own a PS3, but I plan on getting one soon (praying for it as a Christmas gift actually). My point is, the Wii is a great system, but there shouldn't be a KH game on it. The game just wouldn't work on that kind of system IMO. This is one of those games that I'd have to play in it's traditional sense (i.e. on the PS3, maybe the 360, but I wouldn't even like that). Most people hoping for a KH sequel on the Wii are doing so because they don't want to shell out the cash for a more expensive system, which is completely understandable, but it just doesn't work that way. =/

VLR.XIII

Classic Controller exists, you know.

I could see one con of putting it on the PS3 being that it would take longer to develop it,
generally speaking. (Not to mention more expensive)

I beg to differ, since they'd have to make a new engine for the Wii, rather than simply reusing FFvXIII's.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
My point is, the Wii is a great system, but there shouldn't be a KH game on it. The game just wouldn't work on that kind of system IMO.
I don't see why not. It's more powerful than a PS2, there's the Classic Controller... if KH can work on the PS2, why couldn't it work on the Wii?

I beg to differ, since they'd have to make a new engine for the Wii, rather than simply reusing FFvXIII's.
No matter what, development on a PS3 is mountains more expensive than on the Wii.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I don't see why not. It's more powerful than a PS2, there's the Classic Controller... if KH can work on the PS2, why couldn't it work on the Wii?

No matter what, development on a PS3 is mountains more expensive than on the Wii.

I do not want to play KH with the classical controller, and neither does most of the fanbase. While the Wii might just have a larger fanbase, the majority of KH fans either have, or are planning on getting a PS3. And what does the development being more expensive have to do with us? We want the best experience possible.

Raebus

So, a KH getting put on the PS3 = Best possible experience?

I wouldn't say its impossible to make a great game for the wii and not just great compared to other lesser games but genuinely good. I also like using the classic controller, so I suppose I'm not in the majority then.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I do not want to play KH with the classical controller
Uh, why not? If you even go Classic Controller Pro you pretty much are playing with a Wii-DualShock.

And what does the development being more expensive have to do with us?
Obviously I was thinking in terms of Square-Enix, as in, why -they- might want to put a KH game on the Wii.

We want the best experience possible.
I can easily see an enjoyable experience on the Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back