• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where were you during 9/11?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Do you remember where you were and what you were doing during the events of 9/11/01?

I do, I was in school when it happened. We were doing school work when all the sudden the teacher comes into the classroom, turns on the TV, and we see a plane crash into a giant building. Later that day, My classmates and I found out that it was a terriorist attack and that those buildings were the World Trade Center.

I'll never forget it.

MasterAqua

Website
www.facebook.com
I was with my father in his office (he works in a hospital), when suddenly one of his colleagues bursted in and called us in order to see it at the TV. It was...scary...the people jumping from the burning towers...I'll never forget that.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I was in class. English class to be exact and we were working on sentence structures when the intercom came on and the principal said to turn on the tvs in the rooms. When she did, we saw that one building had already been hit, people were jumping and another plane was on its way. We all stared in silence because we had JUST learned about the World Trade Centers in school.

A

Artorius Rex

Fourth grade. Didn't care then. Still don't care now when I come to think about it.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Kindergarten
Transparent.gif

MosesMohs

I remember I was in my fourth grade class room. The teacher left the room for long time, and, quite surprisingly all of us remained quiet. She came back with all the teachers on that hall and a TV on a rolling entertainment center. I didn't know what was going on, because I was little. I remember seeing the smoke, but the tv was hella grainy. I do remember my teacher crying a lot. We colored the rest of the day.

Last edited:

Fortissimo

I remember perfectly. I was walking down my hall way all dressed for school. Half way to my table I hear my mother gasp and say "oh my god..." I looked at the TV and I saw the plane crash into the building. My mom and dad kept on saying "oh my god" and how terrible it was. I was in 3rd grade and I didn't think it was that big of a deal, I saw stuff like that all the time in cartoons. Then when I went to school my teachers turned on all the TVs and we kept watching the news. The principal came in and talked to all the classes as well. The whole situation didn't hit me until I saw the people jumping out of the windows. One of the worst things I have ever seen...

VirusCoreHacker

We were all in class at that time,I recall I felt something awkward about that day in particular. Next thing I remember, we were all dragged into the gym and shown news feed from what was happening. I originally thought that it happened in the past and did not realize this was happening as we watched. When I went home that day, I discovered my cable did not work and at by that time I had understood the full seriousness of the situation. I kinda shrugged it off as "meh", and was only partially annoyed at my inability to watch television.

teardrop

I was in class and I was only 7. I remember a lot of my friends being pulled out and I couldn't understand why. When I got home (a whole two blocks away), my mom showed me and my sister the news. The news channel replayed the towers falling and I asked my mom if there were people inside the buildings and she said "A lot of people." I was too young to fully realize what had happened.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I was six and in first grade. And I honestly don't remember what happened during school but I remember always seeing a plane crash into a building on TV for like, two months. And nothing normal was on. I didn't really care though, because my life revolved around sugar puff cereal and Pokémon.

Cheaken

Awards
I was in kindergarten, I had the afternoon portion so I didn't get to go to school but I was standing outside with my dad waiting for the bus and when it came my bus driver told me and my dad that I couldn't go to school that day because something happened. I didn't understand what was going on so I tried to get on the bus anyway thinking "why aren't I aloud to go to school," but my bus driver told me again that I couldn't go to school. So me and my dad went inside and watched the news and saw what unfortunately unfolded into a tragedy. My sister was in 6th grade so she was at school and they had sent her home early and she didn't know what was going on untill she got home. My mom was at work, she is a mail carrier for the post office, and she was listening to the radio and she was extremely scared about my family because even though she was listening to the radio she still wasn't absolutely sure what was going on. I live in Pennsylvania and had no idea about flight 93 crashing in Somerset County untill only a few years after the fact,it's only a few hours away from where I live.

Last edited:

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Not at all. And frankly, I don't particularly care enough to try and remember.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I was in school and the teacher turned the TV on. And then I got home and my parents were watching it on TV. I was playing with DBZ action figures the whole time tho. It kind of made me sad.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I was at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa. I'd just moved there a few months prior and had begun my third grade year. It was nighttime for me when the attacks happened, so I didn't know until the next morning. As I recall, though I could be wrong, there was a typhoon going by the next morning, so I was happy to not have school and would be able to sit and watch Cartoon Network all day long to my heart's content (prior to living in Okinawa, I had been living in Sasebo, Japan, where we had no cable and only three or four American/English channels, in which I only saw cartoons for a couple of hours on Saturday and MAYBE a half-hour on weekdays after school, if I was lucky.

So I woke up the next morning and dashed to the TV to see my mom on the couch, watching the news channel intently, with a very worried expression on her face. I asked her, without looking at the screen, if I could watch cartoons, to which she snapped at me with a No. I finally turned to the screen and saw the plane crash into the building, and then people jumping out the building. I didn't ask for the cartoons again for the whole day. I cried a bit. :C It was a horrible tragedy.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I remembered being in class.
Over the intercom, all afterschool activities were cancelled.
Then the teacher received a phone call and turned on the tv.
We all just stared, not really understanding what was going on.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
I was watching Cartoons, or was at least trying to, then I saw the channel change to the news and I was like '..WTF, I wanna watch cartoons idc about this!" then my mom comes in the room like 20 minutes later while I'm totally pissed and sits and watches ..after that its a blur..

Last edited:

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I was about 10, I believe, and I was in a bar/restaurant with my parents. Then the news came on, and I saw a plane crash into the Towers.

At first I thought it was a movie, but when I heard the whole place gasping and my mother shouting, I figured something was up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back