• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When it comes to games...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Does length or replay value matter to you? I often find myself being nitpicky about games that are suggested to me if they are short. I just like games that give you alot to do and last along time, if they are good anyway.

I also hate when I get a game, beat it, and my only option is to play the same game again. I like having things to do after finishing a scenario or storyline. Does anyone else get like this?

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Well, I don't care how long or short it is, as long as it is good. I mean, Medal of Honor was ridiculously short, but, I still enjoyed myself.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I think length is probably more important to me. I don't want it to be tediously lengthy, but if a game is super short, I'm probably not going to replay it over and over again unless it has some sort of amazing gameplay.

Ultimately, I like having both because I do like revisiting games, but I'd say the length of the game is just a tad more important than its replayability.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
With gaming an industry as big as it is now, with basically any handheld game more than $50 AU and console ones over $100, I do expect my console purchase to last at least fifteen hours, and offer a solid multiplayer or excellent replay value, or both.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I like long games with good stories.

Games with lengths like FF13 are good.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
With gaming an industry as big as it is now, with basically any handheld game more than $50 AU and console ones over $100, I do expect my console purchase to last at least fifteen hours, and offer a solid multiplayer or excellent replay value, or both.

that's extremely low for any $100 game
even if it's an action game,when[if] games reach a hundred dollars in price they'd better have double the hours
DOUBLE THE FUN!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I feel like length and replay are both important choices when I buy a video game. However, if it has an intriguing storyline but is short, I'll probably still invest in it just for the storyline.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Length. Dont really care much about replay value because after Im done with a game I move on to the next one. If I do replay it, it's later on in the future to revisit it again.

Unless it's a fighting game of sorts, in which case I see myself coming back for it since I play with my friends. But in terms of adventure-based games, I prefer length. I usually take my time doing everything I can in that first playthrought anyway, giving me even less of a reason to come back and replay it (which is why I still havent beaten DCKReturns or MarioGalaxy 2 even once, im still trying to get everything in the first playthroughs).

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I prefer length over replay, I dont wanna pay $60 for a 5 hour story, if it takes at least 15 hours to finish then its good to me.

αsiя

space coke
Length. I must have a game that it's either 10 - to Infinity hours long. If I buy a game that's shorter than ten hours and has no replay value or any multiplayer option then I'll return that sucker ten minutes after I finish it. That's why Fallout 3 is simply one of my favorite games of all time, because of all the content it has. I beat Uncharted 2 in less than 10 hours but the campaign was a thrill ride all the way through and the multiplayer is simply addicting. So a game must have length but be fun the whole way through.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Length and replay value are both important really. I never buy a game that is shorter than 10 hours. This is why I like Square Enix and Rockstar games because their games over 20+ hours including replay value. But if the campaign's action packed and has multiplayer (CoD) then that get's my money too because I'm not wasting my money on something short and boring. And if I finish the story mode but still have multiple stuff to do (Kingdom hearts) I would spend my money on it to finish the game 100%.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Generally I worry about length, because I very rarely replay games.

Janus Q

i sometimes prefer replay value over length on certain titles. for example Brutal Legend is one of my favorites, the length of the story mode is pretty short, but ever time i beat it and play it again i always find something new to discover or something to unlock that i never noticed before. Honestly i won't pay 60 dollars for a game i know I'll only play once even if it's a long and enjoyable game I'll rent it. i like to play game where either i can unlock some stuff for my replay like in Bayonetta or games like Mass Effect where i can replay the game and see the results of different decisions i make. so replay ability is very important to me.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I hate when games are verry short but they can still be great, not often though

Ratchet and Clank is still great and amazing but I was very dissepointed with Star Wars TFU 2

replay value matters (R&C have a hole lot of that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back