• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What video games deserve a HD Remaster?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
The first NieR game. Drakengard 3 deserves an HD remaster, too.

Not Drakengard 1, though. That deserves an entirely new remake.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm sure this has been said plenty, but definitely Crisis Core!

It's funny, people have been demanding a Final Fantasy VII compilation with Before Crisis, Crisis Core and Derge of Cerberus all in one package, but Square Enix's excuse of not making those a reality is that they don't want to screw up the canon of the Final Fantasy VII Remake (which is a stupid reason on missing out on easy money).

The first NieR game. Drakengard 3 deserves an HD remaster, too.

Not Drakengard 1, though. That deserves an entirely new remake.

Nier getting a HD port to PS4 seems more than likely considering this article.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/nier-automata/nier-remaster

Drakengard on the other is a different story entirely. My idea would be for PlatinumGames to remake Drakengard 1 and 2 using Unreal Engine 3 seeing as Drakengard 3 uses Unreal Engine 3. Have the first two games be like Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy in which the geography is exactly the same, but it's all visually enhanced for 4K UHD output. Drakengard 3 on the other hand just needs its frame rate fixed with its DLC included as part of this hypothetical dream collection, and viola, you have yourself a valuable remastered collection.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I'd love the Spyro games remastered. With what I hope is a successful launch for the N Sane Trilogy, I hope this has given an incentive for companies to remake older games, dating back to at least Playstation 1.

Precursor Mar

Did you guys even play the Jak collection? It had glitches up the ass and was missing tons of effects. Using the original PS2 versions was the right move.

I'm so divided on that decision by Sony. Couldn't they just fix all the glitches that the HD remasters suffered from? because I loved the widescreen formatting of the games. It would have been easier to just port the PS3 version with Jak X in widescreen as opposed to remastering from scratch through an emulator in standard definition screen size.

The HD versions just used the widescreen option available in the original games as the default format. If anything, they should use this opportunity to make the 4:3 ratio actual widescreen instead of using the games' 16:9 option, which just zoomed the screen in.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
WCW vs NWO Revenge (N64)
WWF No Mercy (N64)

Chances are none of these will be re-mastered but it was a nice thought
There's a multitude of reasons why the wrestling games will never get rereleased:

1. Wrestlers not under contract with WWE today who are in those games. (some are even suing the company)

2. Chris Beniot. 'Nuff said.

3. I've heard that when WWE lost that case to the World Wildlife Fund forcing them to just their name, they were prohibited from selling any products bearing the old WWF logo, even if they rebranded those products!

So yeah, they're lost to the sands of time.

Veevee

Awards
Crisis Core on a system that I actually like (Vita, please. Or PS4).
The flawed Spyro the Dragon-trilogy from the PS2 (please don't hate me).
.hack 1-4 - with some changes on the battle system
Lost Odyssey - because I don't own an Xbox.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
The FE remake isn't just coming to Switch, but every other platform as well.

I would like a Wild Arms HD collection with dual audio.

Soldier

Awards
The original Spyro trilogy, hands down. These games are among the many crown jewels of the ps1 era, and finding copies that still work are rarer than diamonds these days. Sure, you can just get a ps3 and shell out some cash for them on the virtual console, but I don't think it does spyro justice. Yes, he is in activisions hands, but I think insomniac could fight for him back, even if it is for a little bit.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Now that it's happening, I'll say it (probably again): Secret of Mana!
I'm so happy that it's getting a remaster / remake next year!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
As a huge Tekken fan, I'd love to see Tekken 4 getting an official remaster, maybe bundled with T5 and T5DR, with all the console content included. Most of the issues Tekken 4 has can easily be fixed with a patch these days.

Pokie

Original Spyro Trilogy, Persona 1- 3, Tekken 1- 3, and alot of Castlevania games.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Parasite Eve could use a remake. Soul Caliber games could use remakes.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
The DS version is perfect.

It's Chrono Cross, aka the superior sequel, that needs a remake.

why-not-both-gif-6.gif

But realktalk, Cross does need a remake. It plays fine for the time it comes from but I feel like with how ambitious it was it would be PERFECT to be remade and released nowadays.

(But I still want Trigger on Steam, PS4 and Switcheru in some shape or form).

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Tekken 3 is long overdue for an HD remaster. So is the entire Spyro trilogy. D you know how badly I want to stab the fast, blue dudes in HD? Terribly bad.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
skyrim, maybe this time Skyrim Pocket Edition, so i can play it anywhere but harder to control

Back