• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What video games deserve a HD Remaster?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I would like to see an HD remaster of Bully. No more lobster hands.

SomeKHFan

Awards
After the success of Crash, I would like to see a HD remaster or remake of the original Spyro trilogy. I grew up with that game and it's one I want to play again.

The two Persona two games are another group I also want to see remastered.

Also, Croc, legend of the Goombas. That was a fun platform game to play. I know the game company behind it ran out of business, so maybe another company could take it up.

ImVentus

Awards
I really badly want to see Sly Cooper being remastered, it was one of my favourite games on PS2. Would be nice to see Spyro remastered too.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Looks like we might be seeing that Spyro Remaster soon.

According to multiple sources familiar with the project, Activision is currently working on a Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remaster, which will be announced in March 2018 and released in Q3 2018.

The trilogy remaster will, much like the highly successful Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, feature new assets, lighting, animations and cinematics, as well as a remastered soundtrack. It will also feature updates to the save feature, much like occurred in the Crash remaster (which replaced the original games' password feature with something much more user friendly). The remaster will include Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage!, and Year of the Dragon, and there is the tantalising promise of some content cut from the original releases of those games.

The Spyro remaster will be announced for PS4, with PS4 Pro support, sometime in March 2018, and will be releasing in Q3 2018. One source suggested that September would be the launch month, which would be in line with Spyro the Dragon's 20th anniversary.

While this detail will not be part of the announcement in March, the game will be a one-year timed exclusive for PS4, before being ported to other systems in 2019. Apparently, the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is tied to similar one year exclusivity window, so expect to see multiple ports of that in 2018.

Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remastered is currently under development by Vicarious Visions, the same studio who handled Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy. Given the bandicoot's success, this release makes a lot of sense – soon enough we'll see whether the dinky purple dragon is remembered quite as fondly.

Source from Lauren Kate Dale at Kotaku UK.

Here's hoping we do get this officially announced in March. It's something people have been excited for since N. Sane Trilogy got our nostalgia going. The mention of cut content is also pretty interesting. I imagine it will be a DLC similar to Stormy Ascent.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
A part of me would love to see a remaster of Sim City 4. But the other, more rational half of me remembers all the shady business practices EA has done in the past (and carry out to this day). *sigh* a man can dream..

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
YLz981w.jpg

Just announced!

shady543

Awards
I love how people here aren't against remakes and remasters because that's how it should be <3

My number 1 choice was Spyro remake but that's a wish that's been granted. c:

Other than that, my other choices are Nier Gestalt/Replicant with platinum treatment (the game would be brilliant if it did), Tekken 3 (gon was my childhood in tekken ok he was best boi and my main), Persona 3 in Persona 5 style graphics, Croc 1 and 2. And another one which I know won't happen is that I'd love something to be done with the earthbound franchise like a localisation of mother 3 with a graphics update.

Why? It's been surpassed by multiple of its sequels already. It's been a really long time since it was the best game in the series.

but gon :'(
i could use non stop fart attacks using him

although i wonder if they could even use him again...

2 quid is good

Awards
Not a remaster, but I'd love for Sega to remake Sonic Adventure 1/2 with Ryan Drummond as Sonic please. I still feel that no one got the attitude right after him

Back